Fly Cheap[er]

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":120vfk89 said:
Flying out of Bellingham thru Allegiant Air flying into Phoenix/Mesa is about $600 after going thru their gauntlet of fees.
Problem is you have to figure in parking at the airport $80 approx Plus..... And their flights are limited and first flight back is Thursday after the super bowl.

Might actually be cheaper to drive down if you have the time, because you wouldn't have to rent a car or pay for airport parking.

With gas prices as low as they are... yeah -- shouldn't be more than about $250 for the roundtrip driving. But it's 1,400 miles. You also drive through some pretty cold areas.

jlaff35

Reaction score
I only paid $400 roundtrip.....leaving from Spokane on Thursday morning, and returning to Spokane on Tuesday. Thursday to Tuesday is way cheaper than Friday to Monday, and you get more days! Boom!

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1pjzte4a said:
imnKOgnito":1pjzte4a said:
We're flying to LAX, driving to Phoenix, and returning via San Diego. I think final total was $350 per, including the car. Could have gone cheaper using one or the other as round trip rather than multiple arrive/depart points, but to get the flight times I wanted, that was the cheapest. Estimate gas will be $50, though not sure what prices are in southern CA right now. If you don't mind driving, you'll save a bundle.

Was going to do Vegas, but prices went up $200 per ticket while I was looking last night. Makes sense, since Vegas is going to be first option for drivers as well as a target destination for those not going to the game. Lot's of people go to Vegas to watch the Superbowl.

Yeah, flying to LAX is by far the cheapest way to go -- but then that drive from LA to PHX is not short.

I'm a road tripper since birth. 5 hours is just warming up.

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Have fun getting black out drunk celebrating a SB victory knowing you have to drive for 5+ hours.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3fsza33t said:
Have fun getting black out drunk celebrating a SB victory knowing you have to drive for 5+ hours.

there are people like me that don't drink at games and people like me that don't have the time to spend an extra night. so, the critical quip is not particularly kind to many who might not have any other alternative but yet want to go. just saying.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2icsnmle said:

Haven't had a drink in nearly 20 years, so that's not going to be a problem here.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Just be careful with booking flights into LAX, and watch your timing, you might be hours in traffic just trying to get out of there on the 10 frwy before you even make it to the Inland Empire.

Also, check for flights into Ontario airport, could literally cut hours off the drive heading East and back West on the return...

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
I am unfortunately going to be in Minneapolis working the Super bowl weekend but will be done in time to watch the game I considered flying from Minneapolis to Phoenix on the Sunday morning when I am finished but will not get there until 4 30 pm Phoenix time , so I am going to stay in Minni until Monday Morning , if any one is from there that is a 12 get back to me .

Any how I found this deal if you leave on the Wed Mar 28th from Seattle to LAX coming back on the Monday Mar 2nd $325.00 return per person + $170.00 for car rental

also here is a note
We are experiencing high demand at Los Angeles Airport car rental in January

I believe this is what A lot People are doing

I whish I could be there was there last year in New York it was Unbelievable

GO HAWKS

see everyone at the Parade.

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":970gqxh5 said:
SonicHawk":970gqxh5 said:

Haven't had a drink in nearly 20 years, so that's not going to be a problem here.

TIME TO HAVE ONE!!!

No, just kidding.

Hooray for you.