Flying in for Vikes Seahawks - questions

TorontoJeff

Reaction score
Hello All,

Flying in from Toronto for Vikes/Seahawks with a buddy.

I have a few questions - any info appreciated.

First off I am a Vikings fan and my friend is a Seahawks fan - hense the trip.

Am I ok wearing a Vikes Jersey or will I get so much grief to not make it "fun"?

Also - we are staying Downtown about 15 minute walk from the stadium. What is a good bar to go to on the Sunday to watch other NFL games? We dont mind taking an Uber to get to it.

Thanks in advance for ny help.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
You probably will not get much grief unless you act like a showboat. Start taunting Seahawk fans after a Viking TD and expect trouble. Most Viking fans I've seen at games are good folks, like GB fans. So you can actually talk football with them and get insights into each other. Since the Vikings have no Rings, their fans tend to be pretty humble. Niner, Patriot and Cowboy fans are the worst.

The bars down by the stadium are good for pregame or you can go to the convention center next to the stadium and they have stuff going on including big screens with the early games on. There's the radio pregame show and now you can enter the stadium and watch teams work out and practice and then head back to the convention center.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If they waste time taunting Seahawk fans after every TD, they are going to be exhausted.

Unless Norton ends up calling in sick with the flu, our defense could easily give up 40 points to that offense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Heard the same thing last year when they sent the Vikings home with a loss and they scored all of 7 points.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2r5q0fau said:
If they waste time taunting Seahawk fans after every TD, they are going to be exhausted.

Unless Norton ends up calling in sick with the flu, our defense could easily give up 40 points to that offense.

Really all depends on whether you get good Kirk Cousins or bad Kirk Cousins. Never seen a QB with wider variation between highs and lows. Nick Foles comes close. Maybe Fitzpatrick too.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
I would avoid the convention center unless you want to pay stadium prices for beer. Lots of bars around the stadium, we usually go to one near Pioneer Square or Kings Street.

RiverDog

Reaction score
TorontoJeff":xl3rif94 said:
Hello All,

Flying in from Toronto for Vikes/Seahawks with a buddy.

I have a few questions - any info appreciated.

First off I am a Vikings fan and my friend is a Seahawks fan - hense the trip.

Am I ok wearing a Vikes Jersey or will I get so much grief to not make it "fun"?

Also - we are staying Downtown about 15 minute walk from the stadium. What is a good bar to go to on the Sunday to watch other NFL games? We dont mind taking an Uber to get to it.

Thanks in advance for ny help.

No problem wearing your team colors in Seattle. As another poster noted, as long as you're not taunting other fans or being disrespectful, you'll be fine so long as you're not so thin skinned that you can't take some good natured teasing that occurs to visiting fans in all NFL cities. Just act as if you're a guest in someone else's house and you'll be fine.

The only NFL city I've heard consistently mentioned as being a place where you want to think twice about wearing your team colors is Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love.

As far as bars near the stadium, there's a slew of them that are all very good but my favorite is Sneaker's situated between 1st Ave and Occidental right across from the stadium. It's a relatively small place so you have to get there early (at least 2.5 hours ahead of game time), but they have a number of TV sets side-by-side right behind the bar that makes for easy viewing of multiple games simultaneously.

GlastoHawkUK

Reaction score
We flew in for Vikings game last year (we are Hawks fans) took light transit from Seatac and plenty of Vikings fans in Jerseys etc on the transit, no problems between fans on journey to the ground, in the ground or walking back to bars and in bars after the game. You should have no trouble if your like sensible and wearing colours is not an issue.
Seahawks fans are generally well matured and friendly, staff inside the ground very welcoming.
A bar we have used a few times is The Lodge Sports Grille on 4th and Spring, good to get a seat at the bar, food & drinks good.
Hope your friend enjoys the game

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Have a great time, you'll be fine with a Vikes jersey. Like others have mentioned, as long as an opposing fan isn't obnoxious they're fine.

OP
OP
T

TorontoJeff

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I am a pretty low key guy - so sounds good. The only reason I ask is I have to say - after attending numnerous Bills games - I have seen a ton of fights in the stands - they are nuts.

Looking forward to Seattle and a Monday night game.

We will bunker in a bar on Sunday to watch the other NFL games that day.

Also going to Washington vs Washington St. on the Friday.

Thanks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You are always going to have your pockets of dipsh*ts in the stands, especially when you add alcohol, but for the most part like others have said, if you keep it cool so will those around you. I still go to Temple Billiards on 2nd and Jackson which is precisely two blocks dead north of the stadium (this site's unofficial hang out spot since the early 00's) mainly because it's not butt-to-nut like most other spots on gameday. Decent grilled sandwiches and pizzas, TVs both upstairs and downstairs. Most of the time the lines for the bar are not too bad.

Most 12's are good folks. If you don't act like an @sshole, neither will we.

Except for that really, really drunk dude. Watch out for him.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros":3jrweej1 said:
You are always going to have your pockets of dipsh*ts in the stands, especially when you add alcohol, but for the most part like others have said, if you keep it cool so will those around you. I still go to Temple Billiards on 2nd and Jackson which is precisely two blocks dead north of the stadium (this site's unofficial hang out spot since the early 00's) mainly because it's not butt-to-nut like most other spots on gameday. Decent grilled sandwiches and pizzas, TVs both upstairs and downstairs. Most of the time the lines for the bar are not too bad.

Most 12's are good folks. If you don't act like an @sshole, neither will we.

Except for that really, really drunk dude. Watch out for him.
Yeah Temple Billiards is a great place to meet Seahawk fans and ESPECIALLY regulars on . NET. The last time I flew in for a game, I got to meet Dr. Diags, Techworlds, The Radish(RIP) and Largent80 along with a couple others whose user names escape me right now. This was in 2008 so it was a long time ago. I think MontanaHawk sold me my awesome game seats. I got to meet him in the stadium before the game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TorontoJeff":48z9ml6f said:
Thanks for all the info. I am a pretty low key guy - so sounds good. The only reason I ask is I have to say - after attending numnerous Bills games - I have seen a ton of fights in the stands - they are nuts.

Looking forward to Seattle and a Monday night game.

We will bunker in a bar on Sunday to watch the other NFL games that day.

Also going to Washington vs Washington St. on the Friday.

Thanks
As long as you are not obnoxious and act like a Niners or Cowboys troll, you should have no problems.
There might be some light shit flipping but likely that would be it.

Latest posts