For the posters that discounted the cold temps in Minny...

Hawks46

Reaction score
They can't move that game.

It opens Pandora's box in regards to Green Bay and Chicago ( I know, not usually that cold but still able to get frostbite) and every time they get a playoff game.

idahawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":303p12ob said:
I'm not saying that from a fairness point of view. What I'm saying is that it wasn't safe to put the players, fans, and support personnel out in -9 degree (-23 degree windchill ) weather. Frost bite is serious.

This is silly, you're talking about a game where serious spinal cord and lifelong joint injuries are real risks every week and you're going to cancel a game because of a little cold weather. How many people suffered serious lifelong injuries, fans or players, due to cold weather? Dress warm and you can survive and play for hours in this weather. I noticed most of the player weren't smart enough to wear long sleeved shirts to cover their arms. It must not have been that bad. Its not like they're trying to survive at the north pole for several weeks. If you get frostbite in -9 temps from being outside for 6 hours its your own fault for not being prepared. Maybe we should cancel games in Miami when its too sunny to avoid sunburn.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3vnybgku said:
brimsalabim":3vnybgku said:
The league should not have played the game.
Win more games...... then the games are in Seattle where it's never -5 degrees.
Problem solved.

Or if the Packers weren't such choke artists. I can't believe I assumed they would win the division with their recent track record.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
drdiags":ygza6znz said:
But the fact still is that the league couldn't delay or move the game. So yes, it is a hardship but due to time constraints what other options were there? Why punish a fan base that wants to see their division winning team play at home due to bad weather?

It stinks, yes. Not going to change anything so what is the point?

There is no question but you could ask why the league seeing weather reports predicting the worst weather would come Sunday and not Saturday could maybe schedule to avoid the worst case scenario. Lacking that maybe you protect the winner of that game knowing they would be depleted and struggling and don't put them into the worst possible scenario the following week.

The NFL actually changed the format to get both NFC teams to play Sunday. Never happened before. Why? the weather reports were already predicting the worst weather would come on Sunday and it did. They could have at very least stayed with the original format and played that game Saturday afternoon.

Fool me once then shame on you but fool me twice, three times and again and again, well shame on me. We have played 80% of our away playoff games at 10am. Yes 80% since Pete Carroll arrived. No other team can say that, not even east coast teams.

At some point it is no longer coincidence and we surpassed that point a very long time ago.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1e8w65qx said:
Fool me once then shame on you but fool me twice, three times and again and again, well shame on me. We have played 80% of our away playoff games at 10am. Yes 80% since Pete Carroll arrived. No other team can say that, not even east coast teams.

At some point it is no longer coincidence and we surpassed that point a very long time ago.

Soooo.....we fans have been complaining about this fact for years. What else can we do to get the Commissioner's attention......send him a rotten salmon? :roll:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":1xqi454f said:
Ha, the exact opposite of SD last year. Did anyone tell you it was really HOT there?..... :lol:

From being burned by Gates.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":a5kv55lf said:
I mentioned the cold a couple times before the divisional game. I had heard that playing in such extremely cold temperatures prolongs the healing process for bruises, soreness, etc. But I don't know how long or if that's even accurate.
I think it has an approximate delay of 2 quarters. :sarcasm_on:

peppersjap

Reaction score
drdiags":rdk3kbnd said:
But the fact still is that the league couldn't delay or move the game. So yes, it is a hardship but due to time constraints what other options were there? Why punish a fan base that wants to see their division winning team play at home due to bad weather?

It stinks, yes. Not going to change anything so what is the point?
If there is a physical risk to the health of players they will make changes. I have sat at the Clink during lightning delays. This is no different as players are experiencing physical damage or could because of the weather. I am not whining about how the game played out though because both teams played in the same weather and conditions but there should be a threshold on the conditions where the game is either moved or postponed. Playing in the snow is fun to watch and play, playing in the conditions of that game were just unsafe. I was blown away by people after that game who told me how bad Wilson looked throwing the ball. Once I saw him warming up I new it would be bad, he was having a hard time keeping his hands out of his pockets long enough to get the snap and throw. I would have loved to see Newton play in those conditions and we should all know how Peyton Manning has performed historically in cold environments.

peppersjap

Reaction score
idahawks":jyvhvsr1 said:
brimsalabim":jyvhvsr1 said:
I'm not saying that from a fairness point of view. What I'm saying is that it wasn't safe to put the players, fans, and support personnel out in -9 degree (-23 degree windchill ) weather. Frost bite is serious.

This is silly, you're talking about a game where serious spinal cord and lifelong joint injuries are real risks every week and you're going to cancel a game because of a little cold weather. How many people suffered serious lifelong injuries, fans or players, due to cold weather? Dress warm and you can survive and play for hours in this weather. I noticed most of the player weren't smart enough to wear long sleeved shirts to cover their arms. It must not have been that bad. Its not like they're trying to survive at the north pole for several weeks. If you get frostbite in -9 temps from being outside for 6 hours its your own fault for not being prepared. Maybe we should cancel games in Miami when its too sunny to avoid sunburn.
You are being ridiculous. I have played games at 90 degrees and I played in one at about 10 degrees in high school. The difference in the physical toll you take on a hit in these conditions is night and day. The physical pain in the cold weather is almost unbearable. I live in Western Washington and have nights where I scrape my windshield after work and the pain in my fingers is intense and I grew up on the East side so I know cold. The players go sleeve less because of there pride. I wish you would have had the opportunity to play in that game, I'm sure your opinion would change. I think there was no advantage for the Vikings in these conditions but there is a point where it is too cold to play. You act like they never change a game because of the weather, it does happen.