Forget the Niners... I miss our heated rivalry with the Rams

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Escamillo":1v1czz8l said:
RolandDeschain":1v1czz8l said:
If they draft a QB 2nd overall, they very well might be a bitter rival to us really soon.

Aren't they fully invested in Bradford as their franchise QB? :?:

Not necessarily. He has a cap number of $17.6MM this year, with $7.2MM of that being dead money, meaning that they can cut him and save $10.4MM in cap space this year and $16.6MM in cap space next year. If they think he'll never be anything more than a mediocre QB, then it would make sense to dump him now and pick up one of the big 3 with their first pick or Jimmy Garoppolo with their second or third pick.

His contract is awful relative to his production. Some might say that he had a good 2013 prior to his injury, but I'd argue that he had two great games against Jacksonville and Houston, and was his usual self in the others.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jeremy517":223jeld5 said:
Escamillo":223jeld5 said:
RolandDeschain":223jeld5 said:
If they draft a QB 2nd overall, they very well might be a bitter rival to us really soon.

Aren't they fully invested in Bradford as their franchise QB? :?:

Not necessarily. He has a cap number of $17.6MM this year, with $7.2MM of that being dead money, meaning that they can cut him and save $10.4MM in cap space this year and $16.6MM in cap space next year. If they think he'll never be anything more than a mediocre QB, then it would make sense to dump him now and pick up one of the big 3 with their first pick or Jimmy Garoppolo with their second or third pick.

His contract is awful relative to his production. Some might say that he had a good 2013 prior to his injury, but I'd argue that he had two great games against Jacksonville and Houston, and was his usual self in the others.

Fisher's said they're sticking with Bradford, at least for 2014.

"Sam's doing great with the rehab," Fisher said. "He's really excited. He took on a leadership role last year and he's maintained that and he's our quarterback, and we've said that."

I can almost bet my house that the Rams are going to either draft Jake Matthews out of A&M, or trade the #2 pick for more draft picks..............like they need more draft picks! Thanks Washington you idiots!

RedAlice

Reaction score
Throwdown":3f8eshnw said:
RolandDeschain":3f8eshnw said:
rigelian":3f8eshnw said:
I always liked the rivalry with the Rams. Their fans for the most part seem a lot more rational than 49ers fans.
Tell Trolldown that. He seems to think they're worse than the 49ers fans. It's not even fathomable.

9er fans >> lamb fans

It ain't even close, you just don't like em cuz they call you losers out on your bull

A Hawk fan, a mod even, says Niner fans are better than Rams fans. I am so going to use this against you all next season.

I personally find your Rams hate adorable. But, want to wager on how many annoyng Niner fans v Rams fans invade your board as the games get going?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Throwdown":236k9bzi said:
RolandDeschain":236k9bzi said:
Throwdown":236k9bzi said:
Don't let the sanity fool you, if that team starts to win there'll be a bunch of these dummies talking some craziness
Zero chance we get as many that are annoying twats as we have 49ers fans the last three years.

zero?

Do you not remember the 3 dummies that were taking the cake before the start of the season?!

"fastest Show on turf"

idc what you say, Ram fans are stupid

yes! three. And all of those three will be back in force here as soon as the draft is over. Those same "three" post on every teams board before we play them each week too.

They are like excited kindergarten kids who just realize they might have the better sandwich in their lunch so can make fun of the other kids. They get very very excited.

What will truely be annoying to me is if the Rams really are good this year, which I want and hope and want....then these idiot children will keep spouting off more.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't base my dislike of teams on hatred of their fans at all, so it doesn't really mean anything

However, even though the Rams have been pathetically bad for ages now, they always up their game for the Hawks, that's what makes them fun to hate.

Even when the Rams were getting a top 3 pick every year for about 6 years in a row, they never quite had a season like 2007 where the Niners averaged 1.5 points per game against us.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
bbsplitter":8bm69yhu said:
How about we just treat everyone in the division as if they were a heated rival. :th2thumbs:

This is the correct answer. To this day I think it was a huge disgrace that a considerable percentage of Seahawk fans rooted for Arizona over Pittsburgh in that Super Bowl.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
FWIW I've been to the Edward Jones Dome to watch the Hawks, and Rams fans disappointed me by being pleasant, cool people when I wanted to hate them. But whatever; screw their team anyway.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1fjwhbfy said:
bbsplitter":1fjwhbfy said:
How about we just treat everyone in the division as if they were a heated rival. :th2thumbs:

This is the correct answer. To this day I think it was a huge disgrace that a considerable percentage of Seahawk fans rooted for Arizona over Pittsburgh in that Super Bowl.
I know it's not the thing to do on this board, but I rooted HARD for the Steelers in that one. I could not root for a division rival and in that instance I did not want to be the only team in the division to have never won a SB. I never did have the hate for the Pittsburgh franchise that 90% of this site has. I reserve my hate for division rivals first and the rest next(like the Cowturds).

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1qfs0rob said:
I know it's not the thing to do on this board, but I rooted HARD for the Steelers in that one. I could not root for a division rival and in that instance I did not want to be the only team in the division to have never won a SB. I never did have the hate for the Pittsburgh franchise that 90% of this site has. I reserve my hate for division rivals first and the rest next(like the Cowturds).

Yup, I was absolutely the same. I have a measured amount of hate for the Steelers - it's hard not to when this is the face of their franchise...

EdIwGMW

...but no chance I was rooting for a division rival against them.

hawk45

Reaction score
The Niner rivalry is better at this point given the relative strengths of both teams. But surprisingly, I find myself hating Fisher with a burning passion and feeling like Harbaugh is the classier of the two.

When we played SF in the NFCC I saw an extremely physical football game but one that was very clean, and that's how most of the games with SF are (that aren't blowouts at Century Link). When we played the Rams it was headshot-central. Maybe that was the Tate effect, because I don't recall the first game being quite that blatant. Guess we'll see next year if Tate isn't around. But I despise Fisher. I understand he's trying to play with the big boys but shooting for the head and losing control isn't in the same league as the way SF and SEA play defense. Even if you think our secondary holds too much or whatever, that isn't going to end a career, and our enforcer Kam could author a textbook on clean, bone-jarring hits.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey Midwest, I went out there as well. It was the 4th down fumble game, Midwest Seahawkers had a huge chunk up at the top of the stadium. Fans were super cool, no doubt. Was expecting some type of ribbing, it never happened. In fact, it became real clear that it was about Baseball, and it wasn't a close second for anything else.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1v4z6szn said:
FWIW I've been to the Edward Jones Dome to watch the Hawks, and Rams fans disappointed me by being pleasant, cool people when I wanted to hate them. But whatever; screw their team anyway.

They are certainly very friendly and polite in the midwest, even at a football game. I hate that about them.

During the one Rams game I attended (when we beat the Niners in 2012), they were so damn polite they seemed to think it was social hour and not time to root and yell for your team. I had a front row seat and was constantly told to sit down and be quiet. Which I did not do.

So yes, they are polite in St. Louis. It is not amusing.

hawk45

Reaction score
Fan-wise I have no hatred for Rams fans. I'm not a huge believer in "so and so's team's fans are X". It may be legit that percentages of asshats are a bit different, but there are plenty of a-holes and nice folks in any fan base to focus attention on depending on preference. I see a lot of comments about how obnoxious Seahawk fans are lately. Fans are vocal in proportion to how good the team is, and yeah, it's obnoxious when a team that hasn't been threatening for much of its history is all of a sudden laughing at the way they made your receivers crossing the middle void their bowels.

Raider fans are the ones that may be the big exception IMO.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":ilj1p3hw said:
Maybe it's just me, but I could never really buy into them as a real rival. It always seemed forced to me. Might be because we were "new" to the NFC West and we were no longer playing our rivals, but St. Louis being a rival to Seattle just doesn't make sense. The only time I ever hated them was after the 04 playoff loss.

I'm with you. It felt forced. Need history like we have developed with the 9ners. Sure we played the Rams equal amounts but the play-off history between us and the 9ners is deeper.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1nd7lzz7 said:
Hey Midwest, I went out there as well. It was the 4th down fumble game, Midwest Seahawkers had a huge chunk up at the top of the stadium. Fans were super cool, no doubt. Was expecting some type of ribbing, it never happened. In fact, it became real clear that it was about Baseball, and it wasn't a close second for anything else.

My friend and I, wearing enemy colors, had what easily could have been a significant incident in another NFL stadium; this was back in 2010 when we sadly got crushed there. In a freakish accident that honestly could have happened to anyone, I bumped my friend's elbow while he was holding a cup of beer, it caused him to squeeze the beer and a significant amount of it then spilled on the Rams fan in front of us. The Rams fan turned around somewhat pissed - he had every right to be. My friend and I both profusely apologize, offer to buy him concessions, anything. He quickly softens and says, "Nah guys, don't worry about it, I can tell you two are gentlemen." On the way out of the stadium he shook our hands and said good game.

Granted that's one sample and to be totally fair we got really lucky with that particular fan, as obviously there are fans in every fanbase who would have been down to fight us and not been that cool about it, but regardless I can only form my opinions based on the fans that I've met. It's why I always try to be cool and non-obnoxious when I'm an enemy fan as well; as far as I know, I could be the only Seahawks fan the person has dealt with, so I'd like to make it seem like we're all good people.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
RedAlice":l8wgqjs7 said:
They are certainly very friendly and polite in the midwest, even at a football game. I hate that about them.

During the one Rams game I attended (when we beat the Niners in 2012), they were so damn polite they seemed to think it was social hour and not time to root and yell for your team. I had a front row seat and was constantly told to sit down and be quiet. Which I did not do.

So yes, they are polite in St. Louis. It is not amusing.

I don't find that it's true of all of the Midwest. Bears fans are extremely obnoxious. Browns fans were maybe even worse. I haven't actually been to Ford Field, but I've dealt with lots of Detroit fans and I think they're pretty horrible. I do think that St. Louis and Indy are nicer than the other Midwest fanbases. Packer fans are reasonably cool in my experience also.

willyum

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":3ro7sdov said:
How do you think the fan base is going to handle the move to LA?

majority of the Rams fan base is based in L.A. and surrounding area. we're talking a franchise that's been in there for nearly 50 years, been in St. Louis for barely 10.