Fournette may be on Hawks radar (speculation)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:?
You can't be serious. VERY few running backs ran harder than Carson. When you needed a huge first down, he got it. Wow, so now Carson should just be cut?

jeremiah

Reaction score
Gio":2012jjc8 said:
i'd rather get Gurley than this walking glass. lol

Gurley is going into his 20th game after being done... He is a minimum contract type of talent.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sarcasm?
Todd Gurley is a minimum contract talent??? Now I have officially heard it all. Mr. Glass or not, he is a HELL of back.

massari

Reaction score
Loved the idea of trading a mid/late pick for him until I saw this vid

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1252288134634770434[/tweet]

All that stuff to go with his injury issues...

JGreen79

Reaction score
jeremiah":3ctb3xzh said:
Erebus":3ctb3xzh said:
seabowl":3ctb3xzh said:
Saw a report on NFL Network that said Fournette could he a fit for Seattle. I like him enough to explore a trade and think Penny would be involved as part of the deal. Only thing I don't like is having to pay him a big contract after this year.

Thoughts?

Fournette has missed 12 games in 3 years, and averages 4.0 yards per carry in his career. Very average numbers, but he was drafted high so he's paid accordingly.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually like Rashaad Penny. Yeah I get that he hasn't been that durable either, but he's a lot more explosive than Fournette. He's averaged 5.3 yards per carry in his career. In fact I like Penny better than Carson (Carson averages 4.5 ypa behind the same o-line).

I certainly don't want to trade for an overpaid average RB, and I'd be livid if we traded a better and cheaper player for him.

I agree about Penny, Carson can go away. He is not The guy. He is too big and cannot slip through a crack in the D. The only thing he can do is run hard....plus he is a fumbler. I don't care if he hasn't had a history until last year of fumbling. He has now been revealed as one. Penny and Fournette, dyno-mite.

So you're saying the Cowboys should have moved on from Emmitt Smith after year three? The Chargers from Tomlinson, and the Vikings from Peterson? All three of those had more fumbles over the first three seasons and Carson.

If you want to look at it on a per game basis. Emmitt fumbled .4 times per game, Peterson fumbled .43 times per game, Tomlinson fumbled .27 times per game, Carson fumbled .3 times per game.

Penny gets stopped for a loss 9.21% of the time
Carson gets stopped for a loss 8.71% of the time

Penny gains yards 81.58% of the time
Carson gains yards 82.23% of the time

beaumaris

Reaction score
Erebus":wbyay9j0 said:
seabowl":wbyay9j0 said:
Saw a report on NFL Network that said Fournette could he a fit for Seattle. I like him enough to explore a trade and think Penny would be involved as part of the deal. Only thing I don't like is having to pay him a big contract after this year.

Thoughts?

Fournette has missed 12 games in 3 years, and averages 4.0 yards per carry in his career. Very average numbers, but he was drafted high so he's paid accordingly.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually like Rashaad Penny. Yeah I get that he hasn't been that durable either, but he's a lot more explosive than Fournette. He's averaged 5.3 yards per carry in his career. In fact I like Penny better than Carson (Carson averages 4.5 ypa behind the same o-line).

I certainly don't want to trade for an overpaid average RB, and I'd be livid if we traded a better and cheaper player for him.
Draft position means dick.

Rat

Reaction score
I really don’t see the Lacy comparison, aside from them both being large, and they don’t carry their weight the same way.

I’d be happy getting him, depending on the price. The Jags screw up a lot of players, but the talent is undeniable. Worthy gamble IMO.

rcaido

Reaction score
Why not 3...We play our best w/ the run game...We cant seem to keep our backs healthy. If we even had Penny or Carson, or even Fournette in the playoffs, we would have easily beat the Eagles & Packers.

HawkGA

Reaction score
gowazzu02":t8e5h5q5 said:
HARD PASS.

Gonna be way expensive. Soon. More injury prone than Carson. And the topper cant play out of the shot gun.

Pretty much nothing else needed to be said after this post.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Erebus":150df1xj said:
seabowl":150df1xj said:

Thoughts?

I don't think Penny will ever be an every down back. He's injury prone and while he's had spurts where he has looked good, he's had just as many times where he looked hopeless and struggled to even do the basic procedural stuff correctly. I think his best role is as a change up runner. He's limited in what he can do as a runner, but he's alright at catching the ball, and he's good on runs to the outside. A trade would most likely mean Carson is gone, who has an overlapping skill set with Fournette.

Either way I think it would behoove the Seahawks to find another RB in the draft. Carson and Penny (and Fournette) are both injury prone. Penny also had a devastating injury that may destroy his second gear. You never know how these ACL injuries turn out -- especially if rehab is not done correctly -- which is a concern with Penny. A player that by his own omission was not taking things seriously and has shown up seriously overweight each season. We do know at the very least he's going to miss the start of the season -- which leaves us in a volatile position at RB with Carson and Homer which is one injury away from being a disaster. Not that Homer is bad -- I just think he's more of a third down back.

Erebus

Reaction score
beaumaris":j2y9hswh said:
Erebus":j2y9hswh said:
seabowl":j2y9hswh said:

Thoughts?

Draft position means dick.

Normally you’d be right. But within the context I used it, draft position matters. He’s on a rookie contract and rookies are paid according to their draft position.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think third down is the most important down of the series. I want my best back available.
Carson and Penny are both very talented guys. One was a high pick, one was a low pick. Homer was a very late pickup.
Both Carson and Penny are compromised.
We have a serious NEED for another RB, one that could very easily be required to take over the top spot sooner than later.
I do not agree that drafting for need is a bad idea. When you have a guy that appears to be an elite talent and a perfect DK style fit for a position of serious need, you take him. Just because he requires using a high pick is no reason to pass on an elite talent. I remember Warner and Alexander as high picks that never struggled to be outstanding. Passing on those guys would have been a very poor decision.

Latest posts