Frank Clark Accused of Attacking Philip Rivers

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I was surprised that Dunlap wasn't evicted from the game for an official's foul. I bet he gets fined for both acts however.

As it appeared the Chargers were trying to create an offsetting foul, after Clark thumped Rivers pretty hard.

As I said earlier "Boo Hoo!" to Rivers and the Chargers, Clark was just doing his job. Thought he displayed significant restraint not to get a retaliation type foul.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Daughter was asking me about this one after it went down. Asking if "our guy" had done something wrong.

I said "yeah, he didn't gently place the baby on a fluffy pillow and slowly lower him to the ground while humming nursery rhymes. This clearly upset the baby."

Laloosh

Reaction score
jdemps":1a298b2c said:
Looks like Rivers is severely downplaying the incident now. Has to be a separate article to not undercut the smear campaign of first one. SMH.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ownplays-scuffle-seattle-seahawks-frank-clark

It is possible that he got over it 5 minutes after the play. Just saying, him saying what he actually thinks isn't exactly downplaying it. The media are the ones that blew it up. Rivers just reacted on the field during a game.

He looked like a baby to me but it would seem that he's over it.

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
I looked at the video frame by frame many times. I did not see any big hit, punch, hair pulling, pinching or any pillow fights :roll: . But what I did see was Frank Clark placed his hand to rivers facemask and push it into the ground a little. I did not see rivers head and helmet slam in to the ground. If that was intentional it was not between the whistles and Frank should keep out of conflicts like this. It just gives hater media types an opening and they will start tossing words out like “attack”! I would not call Frank Clark a dirty player but he needs to keep a low profile! People are looking for any opportunity to jump all over Clark. Frank needs to be on his best behavior. I do not see any action that would have been damaging to Rivers. Rivers did as much to make the issue bigger and I am very glad Frank did not respond to River grabbing franks jersey and not letting go. This will go away long before the regular season! The big thing is Frank Clark did not respond to Rivers grabbing his jersey and not let go. This thing is not a big deal! I would not like it if an opponent did the same thing to Wilson, but I would not get all worked up if he was wasn’t hurt.
Roger

I got a 25 bass from Lake Oswego (Oregon) Sunday the biggest bass was 4 pounds!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2g05evwu said:
Followed by a CTE-related opinion article on SI.com: "When A Sack Is Also An Assault."

Yeah, he was clearly reaching for McGloin's man parts.