Frank Clark Accused of Attacking Philip Rivers

Rob12

Reaction score
IrishNW":2xr5p1iw said:
Clark presses Rivers head down as he gets up. Its on video and he owned up to it in a post game interview.

He owned it because considering his past, he's walking on egg shells. But this whole thing is BS.

peppersjap

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1wehkt00 said:
Tical21":1wehkt00 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1wehkt00 said:
Tical21":1wehkt00 said:
Rivers is an uber competitive guy that has a lot of fun on the field. He doesn't do stuff like this unprovoked. I'm 100% certain that Clark took some cheap shots we can't see and probably said some stupid things as well. IMO it is only a matter of time before this idiot does something really bad.

You're defending Rivers....what's next? Brady never cheated?
You're seriously going to sit there and tell me that Rivers is going to have a reaction like that over nothing? Heck, have you ever seen ANY QB react like that unjustifiably? It just doesn't happen. Did any of you seriously watch that play in real time and not realize instantly that Clark did or said something that went well over the line? Or Did Philip Rivers just decide to flip out on whoever got the next sack on him? How many times has Rivers been sacked in his career? And how many times has he reacted to a sack like this? My negative hate thing. Yeah, okay.
I seriously have no idea what play you were watching and yes negative hate thing, don't act all shocked given you do it on purpose just to be contrary.

And you can take it to the bank that Phillip Rivers is a whiny punk only barely topped by Tommay and Erin if that.
Defining Rivers as a "whiny punk" is so accurate!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rob12":1kcbt2lu said:
IrishNW":1kcbt2lu said:
Clark presses Rivers head down as he gets up. Its on video and he owned up to it in a post game interview.

He owned it because considering his past, he's walking on egg shells. But this whole thing is BS.

Plus, he just said that Sherman talked to him about doing whatever they can do avoid dirty plays. That doesn't mean pushing on Rivers' helmet as he fell forward was intentional. This is a team that strives to do everything the right way, and that starts with the coaches and veteran leadership.

peppersjap

Reaction score
IrishNW":3dvfde76 said:
There is no way Clark could have gotten around touching Rivers head in that situation. Rivers grabbed him and completely initiated everything after the play, Clark was getting up and getting away from the play. it was a huge over reaction. As someone said before the SD lineman should be completely embarrassed by the bull rush Clark put on them. The guy is a beast but he did nothing dirty and not sure how you can insinuate he did from that video.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":13rcq1yo said:
MizzouHawkGal":13rcq1yo said:
Tical21":13rcq1yo said:
Rivers is an uber competitive guy that has a lot of fun on the field. He doesn't do stuff like this unprovoked. I'm 100% certain that Clark took some cheap shots we can't see and probably said some stupid things as well. IMO it is only a matter of time before this idiot does something really bad.

You're defending Rivers....what's next? Brady never cheated?
You're seriously going to sit there and tell me that Rivers is going to have a reaction like that over nothing? Heck, have you ever seen ANY QB react like that unjustifiably? It just doesn't happen. Did any of you seriously watch that play in real time and not realize instantly that Clark did or said something that went well over the line? Or Did Philip Rivers just decide to flip out on whoever got the next sack on him? How many times has Rivers been sacked in his career? And how many times has he reacted to a sack like this? My negative hate thing. Yeah, okay.
All you have to go on, is your untrained eye, and a hunch.
IF Clark had indeed committed a transgression, the Refs were right there to throw a flag for offsetting penalties....Didn't shake out that way tical, maybe it's time to rethink what you THINK you know.
Two Ref's called it on the right guy...time to get over it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":2mhbgv6e said:
IrishNW":2mhbgv6e said:
There is no way Clark could have gotten around touching Rivers head in that situation. Rivers grabbed him and completely initiated everything after the play, Clark was getting up and getting away from the play. it was a huge over reaction. As someone said before the SD lineman should be completely embarrassed by the bull rush Clark put on them. The guy is a beast but he did nothing dirty and not sure how you can insinuate he did from that video.
Yeah, but these guys have every right to snivel about what the think MIGHT have taken place in that pile, right?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":178hwpn2 said:
Here is an actual full, useful video of what happened. The GIF in this thread starts too late.

Basically, Frank Clark pushes his O-Lineman right through Rivers, with the result that Clark incidentally lands on/slides over Rivers as the conclusion of the sack. I don't see anything "dirty" here, just Clark overpowering, frankly embarrassing, the SD O-Lineman. I can see why Rivers felt he was getting "piled on" by Clark. Rivers purposely then grabs Clark's jersey and pulls Clark back in, to cause a scene, instigate a confrontation, and probably to bark at Clark.

The SD linemen are so embarrassed by Clark shoving them around that it's clearly maddening to them.

[youtube]CHCrwAujWEE[/youtube]
What we ALL can see right here?, is Rivers NOT Clark, that was overreacting like a punk...and Shame on some of the Seahawks fans for NOT standing by the side of the guy that made a good & clean defensive play.
The Ref's caught it, because they were right there, and Justifiably threw the penalty flag ON THE RIGHT PLAYER.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":2uorrlpq said:
:roll: :roll:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
IrishNW":3s6yayi3 said:

That's the way I see it. Rivers didn't like getting "piled on," so he grabs Clark's jersey for some dumbazz reason, and won't let go. Clark became angry that Rivers wouldn't let go, so he pushes on Phil's helmet -instead of the turf- to break the grip. Clark admittedly he let his anger get the best of him in doing that.

T-Cal, I know your responses are normally an effort play devil's advocate, or least appear open-minded, but I think you've let Clarks DV incident influence some pretty heavy speculation.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1d4er32k said:
olyfan63":1d4er32k said:
Here is an actual full, useful video of what happened. The GIF in this thread starts too late.

Basically, Frank Clark pushes his O-Lineman right through Rivers, with the result that Clark incidentally lands on/slides over Rivers as the conclusion of the sack. I don't see anything "dirty" here, just Clark overpowering, frankly embarrassing, the SD O-Lineman. I can see why Rivers felt he was getting "piled on" by Clark. Rivers purposely then grabs Clark's jersey and pulls Clark back in, to cause a scene, instigate a confrontation, and probably to bark at Clark.

The SD linemen are so embarrassed by Clark shoving them around that it's clearly maddening to them.

What we ALL can see right here?, is Rivers NOT Clark, that was overreacting like a punk...and Shame on some of the Seahawks fans for NOT standing by the side of the guy that made a good & clean defensive play.
The Ref's caught it, because they were right there, and Justifiably threw the penalty flag ON THE RIGHT PLAYER.

That's how most QB's who've been around for awhile and figure they've 'earned their strip' act. They figure certain things are off limits with them, especially from a rook. I still remember Favre getting in a mini tussle with Hamlin.

justafan

Reaction score
UGotHawked":1i5ihq6c said:
Tical21":1i5ihq6c said:

Wow! 100% certain. That makes you even more certain than the not one, but TWO refs that were right in the mix. I'm 100% certain that neither of those two refs saw or heard this egregious provocation by Clark or else their would have been off-setting penalties.

Something happened between them if not on that play then a on previous plays.
I have no problem with anything that happened on the play.If Clark roughed up Rivers or said something to mess with them,good deal.
If Rivers got pissed and lost his cool its not a big deal its an emotional game.I actually like players who get emotional.

The Oline did exactly what you want them to do if it even looks like someone is messing with your QB.I remember Olines in the not to distant past who let Hass get roughed up and did nothing.I would take a little "fake toughness" from the Oline.

If the situation was reversed this conversation would have a whole different tone and people would rave about how nasty our Cable coached line was and how much of a fight Wilson has.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OkieHawk":19kpkloe said:
peachesenregalia":19kpkloe said:
Largent80":19kpkloe said:
:lol: ....I hope Clark goes all DV against all QB's.

This. DV is deplorable, but if Clark can take out his agression on the field against opposing QBs, then everyone will be better off. Guy is going to be a stud. I can feel it. In my plums. They're getting a blueish hue.

You might want to see a doctor about that.
Seriously, TMI peaches.

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2buhfldh said:
Tical21":2buhfldh said:
:roll: :roll:

Yeah, it is one of the worst posts ever written

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The lineman for the Chargers should have been ejected, period. He could have torn up Clark's knees yanking him back like that.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Bitter":2vyuv1jt said:
bmorepunk":2vyuv1jt said:
Clark tagged Rivers in the head, probably enough that it could have been called by officials. It didn't look incidental to me. It wasn't a heavy hit, but it wasn't just brushing his helmet either. Rivers then pulls him back in by the jersey, probably because he was pissed off about his head getting pushed. Nobody looks good on this one.

As mentioned, the shove to the helmet was chain reaction to being shoved from behind by the center.

As mentioned, Clark put his forearm into Rivers' helmet in a way that isn't consistent with trying to maintain his balance. Not that excuses what Rivers or his lineman from their actions.

dadof3

Reaction score
CPHawk":1n06yozz said:
Would love to see our OL have that kind of fight. Even though the SD guys are all wrong, they came to Rivers defense.
How about Sweezy blasting that pos Mathews off of Russ in the NFCCG? Is that enough fight for you?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
That whole play was weird. Rivers on the jersey and (is that Mebane) not disengaging on the ground was all just kinda strange. Clearly something else going on, or something that had already happened that leaked over into the end of that play.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
olyfan63":gnm2lknt said:

I would encourage all of you to go watch this video full screen on youtube at .25 speed. Clark pushes the center (Chris Watt) about 5 yards backwards like a boss and right into Rivers (Masterful!) at which point Watt (trying to recover) shoves Clark from the ass right over the top of Rivers! That's when Rivers reaches up and grabs a handful of Clark's jersey and the scrum ensued.

Frank, if your reading this, you just keep doing what your doing man!!!

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned Rivers kicking his legs as he grabs Clark?
Tantrum much?