Frank Clark trade so far...

Taehwk

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask if anyone is tracking how he is progressing in kc’s defense? I haven’t watched any kc games to comment or analyze.

I liked him as a seahawk but I firmly believed he had most of his sacks last year off of a few games against very poor offensive lines or versus backups.

If anyone has pff, I would love to see what his pressure rates are this season.

I would expect his sack totals to increase since the chiefs are going to be ahead in a lot of games with that juggernaut offense, so there will be more opportunity to rush the QB.

I guess this thread is kind of barometer on who wins the trade. We got a lot of draft capital so I want to see if this trade is a complete win for the hawks.

Feel free to move this to another forum, since it’s about a player on another team.

So far 2 weeks in the season, he has not registered a sack according to espn site.
So I guess that’s a win for the hawks for now. Will be interesting to check on this through course of the season.

John63

Reaction score
Taehwk":3k8ay15a said:
Just wanted to ask if anyone is tracking how he is progressing in kc’s defense? I haven’t watched any kc games to comment or analyze.

I liked him as a seahawk but I firmly believed he had most of his sacks last year off of a few games against very poor offensive lines or versus backups.

If anyone has pff, I would love to see what his pressure rates are this season.

I would expect his sack totals to increase since the chiefs are going to be ahead in a lot of games with that juggernaut offense, so there will be more opportunity to rush the QB.

I guess this thread is kind of barometer on who wins the trade. We got a lot of draft capital so I want to see if this trade is a complete win for the hawks.

Feel free to move this to another forum, since it’s about a player on another team.

So far 2 weeks in the season, he has not registered a sack according to espn site.
So I guess that’s a win for the hawks for now. Will be interesting to check on this through course of the season.

He has 4 tackles no sacks. Clowneyn has 4 tackles and 1 sack

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, the Hawks are stoked to have Clowney, and I'm sure the Chiefs feel the same about Clark. Time to move on and concentrate on our boys.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is not something that can really be evaluated until after this season at least. 2 games is really nothing for a sample size.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
We'd need to evaluate everything we gave up in Clark, and everything we gained:
1) Draft picks from the trade, and each player's performance there
2) Draft picks we gave up, etc.
3) Money saved and how it might have been used
4) End results of team's success (over previous year, maybe?)

That's a lot of data and would be hard to quantify. But so far, I'd be thrilled with a straight Clark/Clowney swap because of the $$$ involved; the picks made it even sweeter!

Fade

Reaction score
They have Clowney + Ziggy for the price of 1 Clark. 17M vs. 17M.

Seattle went 2 for 1. Not even factoring in draft picks.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I am rooting for Clark to kick butt for KC and help them get to the Superb Owl. IMO Frank Clark was one of the best ever draft picks by Seattle; we got several years of excellent play, positive locker room presence, and then trade him for a haul of draft picks. What's not to like? Even Belichick would be proud of this one. A net franchise-strengthener.

While I have mixed feelings about ex-Seahawks Sherm and Earl, I'll always have nothing but love for Frank Clark.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":16zz9q2g said:
95% of the time, football is about more than stats, guys.
85% of the time, stats are made up on the spot.

Seafan

Reaction score
olyfan63":w8iy0gjn said:
I am rooting for Clark to kick butt for KC and help them get to the Superb Owl. IMO Frank Clark was one of the best ever draft picks by Seattle; we got several years of excellent play, positive locker room presence, and then trade him for a haul of draft picks. What's not to like? Even Belichick would be proud of this one. A net franchise-strengthener.

While I have mixed feelings about ex-Seahawks Sherm and Earl, I'll always have nothing but love for Frank Clark.

This.

justafan

Reaction score
Clark and his agents No 1 goal was to get to free agency. It didnt matter who payed him he wanted the biggest contract they could get. Clark didnt want to be here so good riddance.

At least Clowney used his leverage to make a deal with the Hawks.

Latest posts