FREE RUSSELL!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
John63":3n7s3m2r said:
Lol someone is no place to be found. Hmm good thing we did not listen to him and keep Wilson leashed ahh.

Quit instigating. The endless gotcha posts around here are getting tiring.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Seymour":14xikwn2 said:
Sgt. Largent":14xikwn2 said:
Smashcut to Pete's post game presser after we win by a point, and he says after a reporter asked him if he knew TB had the #1 run defense in the league so why'd we try to run so much....................."well, we don't really pay attention to the other team, we know what we want to do."

PC's arrogance runs deep. He's always said that. Used to be "It's not about them, it's about us".

His game plans usually reflect that also, and it's the absolute most irritating thing about watching Carroll coached Seahawk teams. In a day and age where the thinnest of lines is the difference between a W and and L and you are not going to use the other teams weakness against them? Insanity IMO. :pukeface:

Insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? How is that relevant being that we win way more than we lose? Wouldn't you keep doing the same thing over and over again if you win more often than you lose or am I missing something?

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1gcc7v5b said:
John63":1gcc7v5b said:
Lol someone is no place to be found. Hmm good thing we did not listen to him and keep Wilson leashed ahh.

Quit instigating. The endless gotcha posts around here are getting tiring.

Make sure you tell tical that he does it every chance he can.

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":74h7i1x0 said:
Seymour":74h7i1x0 said:
Sgt. Largent":74h7i1x0 said:
Smashcut to Pete's post game presser after we win by a point, and he says after a reporter asked him if he knew TB had the #1 run defense in the league so why'd we try to run so much....................."well, we don't really pay attention to the other team, we know what we want to do."

PC's arrogance runs deep. He's always said that. Used to be "It's not about them, it's about us".

His game plans usually reflect that also, and it's the absolute most irritating thing about watching Carroll coached Seahawk teams. In a day and age where the thinnest of lines is the difference between a W and and L and you are not going to use the other teams weakness against them? Insanity IMO. :pukeface:

Insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? How is that relevant being that we win way more than we lose? Wouldn't you keep doing the same thing over and over again if you win more often than you lose or am I missing something?

Well if the end game is one and done in the playoffs yes. Bit since the goal is SB then no. That aside since they got the memo...this week were good. Next week which knows

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Teams win by riding their best players.

The stats on 'passing too much' are skewed anyway.

Teams with leads run the ball. So it looks like teams that run more, win more.

Teams behind pass the ball more to catch up. So it looks like teams that pass more lose more. When it is really that teams that are losing pass more.

Our best player is the QB. Our best offense is one that passes the ball. Running the ball makes each possession more valuable. We want the opposite. We want to score often enough that giving up a TD isn't going to matter as much. Because our defense WILL give up TDs. You devalue giving up a TD by scoring more of them.

Passing the ball more gives you more possessions and more opportunities to score. Running does the opposite because it chews the clock up. It does rest the defense. Then again, you can just score 35 and even a middling defense should be able to win then. Scoring 17 often won't be enough for even a very good to great defense.

With this roster, it is going to be easier to win by scoring more points than trying to win by avoiding giving up points. It should also be noted that scoring more points reduces the impact that bad calls have on the outcome because a single TD does not mean as much.

We saw that this weekend (against an admittedly 2-5 team).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not to make excuses because a lot of stuff happened to hand them points and/or left on the board by the Hawks. But......that team is a lot better than their record. Look how close their games are, and they smoked the Rams on the road. Kind of got shafted by the refs the week before too.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. The run-run-pass get to FG conservatism might work if our D's were even close to being matched. They are not. We have Russ, we have at least one and arguably two great pass catchers. Those are our advantages. We only have a chance by maximizing what we have.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21djvwnn said:
Not to make excuses because a lot of stuff happened to hand them points and/or left on the board by the Hawks. But......that team is a lot better than their record. Look how close their games are, and they smoked the Rams on the road. Kind of got shafted by the refs the week before too.

True but it happens every game it seems and is not a outlier, be it a penalty on Wagner that is out of character or a fumble or missing field goals.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or a sure Pick 6 that somehow flies straight up and in to the hands of another WR for a TD. 14 point swing on one play.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
AubHawk71":1766cp1u said:
6-2 record: hooray
Watching the games this season: Painful

It's supposed to be entertainment, no?

What are you even talking about? We just witnessed a 40-34 shootout with Russell Wilson playing like the best player in football, Tyler Lockett playing like he's ascended to a top 5 WR and a breakout game from our Hulk rookie WR. Are you not entertained?

Holy bejeebus if having a potential league MVP QB playing his best football isn't entertaining enough, I have no idea why people watch football. If its the expectation of lights out defense, special teams and offense with blowouts every week, I can tell you it's never going to happen. Reset those expectations. SB XLVIII type games come along only once in a while.

I mean even the 2013 Team had difficult victories. TB walked into C-Link and took a 3 score lead before we knew it and we had to battle back to win in overtime. And that was with rookie Mike Glennon at QB against the vaunted LOB.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People CHOOSE to not be entertained. If you can't enjoy a 7-2 record, that's your problem. Not the team. I had a blast at the game on Sunday. VERY entertaining. They are not out to please everyone with a product that looks pretty. They are out to win games, period. I just will never understand how people refuse to enjoy success. Is it ugly? Absolutely. Who cares? Just keep winning :?
Dang, I hate when they win. But hey, maybe they'll have some "entertaining" losses :snack:

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1191793500871888897[/tweet]
#Free Russell

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1eggh1cq said:
Fade":1eggh1cq said:
#Free Russell

He's not free?

The question is was it a one time thing or will it keep going? I am thinking the acquiring of Jordan days yes.

Fade

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":15mayycn said:
Fade":15mayycn said:
#Free Russell

He's not free?

Of course he is free. Just pointing out to the people that made the claim that freeing him would be a bad idea.

Whelp, they were wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hasn't he long since proven that he can ANY type of game by now? Yes, he can sling it and win a shootout. Yes, he can throw from the pocket and shred a D.

Latest posts