Frustrating John Schneider-y Predictions

Yxes1122

Reaction score
*This is meant to be tongue and cheek, prepare for the worst tone. Don't take it too seriously.

1) Over Drafting Byron Young (TEN) because Seattle has historically liked Senior Bowl attendees with production. I can already hear the Press Conference talking points:
  • "Real leader on a great Tenn team"
  • "Had 7 Sacks. Productive Player"
  • "Showed up at the Senior Bowl"
  • "Heavy Hands"
2) Preferring and over drafting a run stuffing DT (ala Siaki Ika) instead of taking pass rushing DTs (ala Carter/Mazi.)
  • Failing to learn the lesson of the 2016 NFL draft where we took Jarren Reed over Javon Hargrave.

3) Taking an unathletic safety (Jammie Robinson) in the 3rd (Or Early 4th) because he's "savvy" and "productive."
  • Essentially repeating Tedric Thompson.

4) In a deep deep TE class with a bunch of instant contributors... Drafting a depth guy behind Colby Parkinson like Cameron Latu.

5) Passing on WR because Dareke Young "showed some stuff last year."

There's some fun pessimism.

Now back to hoping for good things.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Heh. They just had Byron in for a top-30 visit, too. But then again, so has half the rest of the league. That's a really apt one.

As for the DT thing, defensive tackles are hit and miss when it comes to producing in pass rush situations. Reed gave us several productive sack seasons, so I can't really call it a miss in the bottom half of round 2. I see the point regarding profile, but think Ika might not be explosive enough for them athletically.

The rest is solid, nuanced pessimism that makes sense. Can't argue with it.

Weadoption

Reaction score
the thing is, absolutely every single team can list a horror show of past bad draft decisions.
it’s an educated crap shoot.

chris98251

Reaction score
the thing is, absolutely every single team can list a horror show of past bad draft decisions.
it’s an educated crap shoot.
Most GM's hit on only 40 percent I remember reading, don't know the numbers lately but John and Pete were at an above 60 percent clip for a while. That's all rounds, we are lower in the 1st then many however.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Siaki Ika's 350# of bad weight. The only thing he's got going for him is 32 1/2" arms which can work for a 0-tech (as opposed to Kancey's 30 1/2" arms).

I will be disappointed if we don't come away with Mazi Smith or Keeanu Benton to play NT.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Most GM's hit on only 40 percent I remember reading, don't know the numbers lately but John and Pete were at an above 60 percent clip for a while. That's all rounds, we are lower in the 1st then many however.
Which is why I'd like to see us trade down