Fuller and Pocic vs Indianapolis

A-Dog

Reaction score
I haven't re-watched the game, nor was I focused on the OL while watching it live, but to me it seemed like the offense was much more effective with Fuller snapping the ball to Russ. Obviously we saw Pocic get destroyed by Buckner on one play, but I'm wondering if anyone here has taken a look at how the two centers performed?

Obviously Pocic was rusty and maybe not 100% healthy, and Indy made adjustments to slow down our offense, but we've seen it before where Pocic is simply outmatched whenever he's 1:1 in pass pro against better DTs and it leads to plays constantly being blown up. It may be a moot point since Pocic is hurt again but I'm really hoping that Fuller can cement himself as the starter and continue to develop along with the rest of the OL.

Any thoughts on Fuller's performance? Does he look like the answer at C?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A-Dog":ale30h70 said:
I haven't re-watched the game, nor was I focused on the OL while watching it live, but to me it seemed like the offense was much more effective with Fuller snapping the ball to Russ. Obviously we saw Pocic get destroyed by Buckner on one play, but I'm wondering if anyone here has taken a look at how the two centers performed?

Obviously Pocic was rusty and maybe not 100% healthy, and Indy made adjustments to slow down our offense, but we've seen it before where Pocic is simply outmatched whenever he's 1:1 in pass pro against better DTs and it leads to plays constantly being blown up. It may be a moot point since Pocic is hurt again but I'm really hoping that Fuller can cement himself as the starter and continue to develop along with the rest of the OL.

Any thoughts on Fuller's performance? Does he look like the answer at C?
Pocic had 9 snaps and gave up 1 sack according to the radio.
Fuller played well.

Reaction score
That sack given up by Pocic was horrible. Didn't even try to block Buckner and looked like a literal turnstile. Fuller looked good.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2wdhozui said:
I'm ready to see what Fuller can do. Pocic is a backup imo.

To me, Pocic is merely a future former Seahawk.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Oldhawkfan, think you nailed it, he’s a dead man walking/limping. Can’t block, and now can’t stay healthy either. Another disappointing draft pick who has never truly been much more than a replacement level player. The message sent by the team is they believe the C position os weak and they have added a player released by the 9'ers to compete. Pocic is slipping down the DC.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Watching the game Sunday, my buddy watching the game with me goes "Who tf is that big dude snapping the ball to Wilson??"

Fuller is much larger than Pocic, and played like it to. Pocic just doesn't have it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, I believe the Pocic experiment is over.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pocic is a versatile backup that can play both guard positions and center.

Key word, backup.

Jville

Reaction score
Ethan Pocic was considered a versatile lineman when he came out of college. He was drafted because of that versatility. There is something of a tradition here to criticize centers. That was the case with Pocic's predecessor Justin Britt ..... as well as his predecessor Max Unger prior to his development into a first tier center in the later part of his career. I consider Pocic competitive despite some see at times as momentary lapses. However, his latest injury couldn't have come at a worse time with an emerging challenger for the starting center position.

Kyle Fuller is a most interesting development project. He came out of an unorthodox college offense and as such was lacking in useful NFL technique. The Texans worked him at him guard even though he was a college center. His long term development continued in Seattle. Now with his professional return to center, he may become one of the better late bloomer stories in recent Seahawks memory.

The Colts Game: I thought Kyle Fuller was both strong and consistant at the point of attack. I didn't notice a lot of push. But the blocking in this first game of the season was clearly built on zone schemes. He stayed with his blocks well and looked for follow up work. He showed up down field as well. Very active player with good endurance. I liked his awareness and apparent vision. Now that he is getting meaningful snaps in games that count, his skill development will only grow more quickly. He possess better core strength and the first pair of 34+ inch arms we've seen at center during the Pete Carroll era. At 27 years old, we could all be treated to a terrific late bloomer story.

On a side note, who knows what the team might have found in another potential late bloomer by the name of Dakoda Shepley.

Yes, I think Fuller is legit. :2thumbs: These are indeed the best of times.