Game plan vs Browns

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3pxb0dxg said:
I think we see something less conservative
I think you're the only person here that feels that way, myself included (for me because of the o-line injuries). Why is that (serious question, not smart-assed)?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":h2lniyh9 said:
Uncle Si":h2lniyh9 said:
I think you're the only person here that feels that way, myself included (for me because of the o-line injuries). Why is that (serious question, not smart-assed)?

I'm probably wrong... just hoping they want to go after the Browns the way they went after the Rams.

Maybe the run is the better play tomorrow.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":22z17h4r said:
hawksfansinceday1":22z17h4r said:
Uncle Si":22z17h4r said:

I'm probably wrong... just hoping they want to go after the Browns the way they went after the Rams.

Maybe the run is the better play tomorrow.
You have a gut feeling. I get that.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
gird your loins for debacle. I predict we come out playing like complete dogshit.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Let's give Schotty and Pete credit for the Pittsburgh game. Maybe they'll start a quick passing attack earlier against the Browns if the run game is getting stuffed.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cleveland's run defense is graded much worse than its pass defense. Between that and the desire to take the pressure off of our backup OL players, I predict a run-heavy approach with deep play action shots to test their backup corners.

The Carroll haters groan about a "relapse" and ignore all the context above.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1er2fv4s said:
Cleveland's run defense is graded much worse than its pass defense. Between that and the desire to take the pressure off of our backup OL players, I predict a run-heavy approach with deep play action shots to test their backup corners.

The Carroll haters groan about a "relapse" and ignore all the context above.
I think the issue people have with Carroll is that his offenses lack nuance. Running isn't bad per-say, but how we do it is questionable. I've seen series where we go two downs back to back with the same running play drawn up. I abhor the Carroll philosophy of being blatantly obvious about what we're going to be doing. Our whole playbook only seems to consist of two or three different running plays on the books.

Another issue with Carroll's offense is he seems more concerned about the approach rather than the result at times.

McGruff

Reaction score
Except the approach produces results.

Which include being a top 10 scoring offense.