Ge=nooooo!

Ozzy

Reaction score
You never once mentioned the 17 touchdowns so not sure why you would assume that was directed at you especially in light of me and knownone going back and forth for multiple posts right before it.

Anyway I'm done with it. Geno is an average QB with some special moments that I wish we saw more of because he's capable. The fact that that take causes so much backlash sort of proves my point in a sense. It's a reasonable take and yet many really struggle with it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't know what we're arguing then. I think he's dead on average and you guys put him around 10th? Correct me if I'm wrong? I think he's capable of playing that well for stretches so here's to hoping he does to end the year and into the playoffs because if he does we have a chance to do some damage. I'll be rooting for Geno as much as anyone.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't know what we're arguing then. I think he's dead on average and you guys put him around 10th? Correct me if I'm wrong? I think he's capable of playing that well for stretches so here's to hoping he does to end the year and into the playoffs because if he does we have a chance to do some damage. I'll be rooting for Geno as much as anyone.
To be fair, I don't think most people are arguing with your perspective of him being average. We're arguing against the extremely negative perspectives of Geno, and you keep joining into that debate.

Ozzy

Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think most people are arguing with your perspective of him being average. We're arguing against the extremely negative perspectives of Geno, and you keep joining into that debate.
Fair enough and it’d a valid point

PeruHawk

Reaction score
2 times in the redzone both times came away with no tds. Not good enough.

Geno is being outplayed by Ryan Tannehill. Let that sink in.
Any comment on the other 10 players on offense on those red zone fails?

12forlife

Reaction score
Nah, he's not top 10 this year. Probably around 15. And that's not bad at all.
Do you realize that half the leagues startering QB's are out for the season or have missed a chunk of games. So for Geno to be around "15", is basically saying he's the worst starter of the remaining QB 1's? Again not good very average for the weapons at his disposal. I guess what I'm not understanding is when did "Average" become exceptable for our team at the most important position in the game?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fair enough and it’d a valid point
No it is not, WITH NO Run Game, an INJURY RIDDLED Offensive Line that CAN'T RUN, NOR PASS BLOCK FOR SHIT, WTF do y'all expect Geno to do, Pull the Defense out of their CRAP THE BED PLAY, WHILE DRIVING A broken OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE BOOT?????????
Geno's come-back plays to win some games this year should TURN THE LIGHTS ON for y'all Sniveling Negators!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Any comment on the other 10 players on offense on those red zone fails?
It takes a team effort but Seahawks redzone td pct with Geno is 45% and with Drew Lock it's 60%. I would think that Drew would be in there with most of the same 10 guys too.

No, Geno is not the only one to blame for the redzone woes. Shane Waldron is to blame as well. In my opinion it's more Shane rather than Geno or other players. Even if it's player execution issue. It's Shane's responsibility to ensure that the players can execute his plays properly. It's week 17 of the NFL season. I can understand these things if it was week 2 or 3 but not this far into the season.

If they had executed better in the redzone in the Cincy and 2nd Rams game, they would be sitting at 10-5 instead of 8-7.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Do you realize that half the leagues startering QB's are out for the season or have missed a chunk of games. So for Geno to be around "15", is basically saying he's the worst starter of the remaining QB 1's? Again not good very average for the weapons at his disposal. I guess what I'm not understanding is when did "Average" become exceptable for our team at the most important position in the game?
No one is explicitly removing injured quarterbacks in their rankings. Another obviously dishonest point.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No one is explicitly removing injured quarterbacks in their rankings. Another obviously dishonest point.
Yeah not true. Every time his efficiency stats or any stats for that matter are mentioned they’re always in the context of where he currently ranks with players THIS YEAR. Passer rating, EPA, red zone efficiency etc are all weighted against players currently playing. Now you may be factoring in injured players but not everyone is and again it’s lame to default to someone has to be “dishonest” because they disagree with you.

Come on guys quit with attacking the poster and assuming the worst, we all need to do better here, me too

Ozzy

Reaction score
No it is not, WITH NO Run Game, an INJURY RIDDLED Offensive Line that CAN'T RUN, NOR PASS BLOCK FOR SHIT, WTF do y'all expect Geno to do, Pull the Defense out of their CRAP THE BED PLAY, WHILE DRIVING A broken OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE BOOT?????????
Geno's come-back plays to win some games this year should TURN THE LIGHTS ON for y'all Sniveling Negators!
Sounds good

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yeah not true. Every time his efficiency stats or any stats for that matter are mentioned they’re always in the context of where he currently ranks with players THIS YEAR. Passer rating, EPA, red zone efficiency etc are all weighted against players currently playing. Now you may be factoring in injured players but not everyone is and again it’s lame to default to someone has to be “dishonest” because they disagree with you.

Come on guys quit with attacking the poster and assuming the worst, we all need to do better here, me too
No one, and I do mean no one, is saying "Geno is the 15th best quarterback in the league this year" with the caveat that no injured quarterback is included in that list. No one. If we're evaluating this based on statistics, then the vast majority have qualifiers to be included in those rankings already. If we're basing this on personal ranking, then yeah, no one is doing that and saying "welp, this guy has a sprained ankle, everyone moves up a spot!"

"Do you realize that half the leagues startering QB's are out for the season or have missed a chunk of games. So for Geno to be around "15", is basically saying he's the worst starter of the remaining QB 1's?"

^ That is a blatant misrepresentation of the obvious meaning of "I think Geno is around 15th this year," which is the point Soulfish made and this guy responded to. That type of misrepresentation IS dishonesty. It sure as shit isn't an attempt at having a real conversation.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No one, and I do mean no one, is saying "Geno is the 15th best quarterback in the league this year" with the caveat that no injured quarterback is included in that list. No one. If we're evaluating this based on statistics, then the vast majority have qualifiers to be included in those rankings already. If we're basing this on personal ranking, then yeah, no one is doing that and saying "welp, this guy has a sprained ankle, everyone moves up a spot!"

"Do you realize that half the leagues startering QB's are out for the season or have missed a chunk of games. So for Geno to be around "15", is basically saying he's the worst starter of the remaining QB 1's?"

^ That is a blatant misrepresentation of the obvious meaning of "I think Geno is around 15th this year," which is the point Soulfish made and this guy responded to. That type of misrepresentation IS dishonesty. It sure as shit isn't an attempt at having a real conversation.
Sure that point is off base. But I haven’t see a single qualifier. Who has said he’s 10-12 range but only because so many guys are injured. If that’s truly how most felt don’t you think they would be a little less passionate arguing for how good Geno is? No one is going to post dozens of times trying to convince the haters how good Genobis if they truly felt he was really in the 15-22 range if no one got hurt lol.

This whole debate has gotten weird. I’ll be rooting for Geno to kick ass these next few weeks regardless and I have hope he will and leave it at that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because I'm saying average is good enough. What an amazing assumption on your part. No, it isn't good enough, and never has been.

Thanks your playing.

Latest posts