Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

LTH

Reaction score
And at the end of the day, this. If the dude can't get the job done the way it needs to be, then the FO will get someone else, in the same way they got rid of the last guy who couldn't.

But the damn near celebration that happens whenever either the D struggles or now the O has a down game is laughable and embarrassingly transparent. 3 weeks ago, it was what, ' the offense is great, but the D sucks '? ... because a certain HC runs it.

Now, the D is playing well, but there's no retraction of the position. Just silence, and instead, Geno, who was part of the solution a few weeks ago, is no longer the answer. Why? Lets be honest... because he's the qb and not Wilson. Wilson... he who 2 years ago, should have been retained and the HC, GM and hapless owner, put out to pasture so Jeff Besos could buy the team and together with Russ, ship Dangerwhich sandwiches to every doorstep in America and plaster every TV with Prime Vid original 'Russell Wilson - Unlimited Everything'.

The Lombardi ?

'We'll get em next time' ~ R Dubs

To quote Soulfish, some need to 'get over it' and understand that it's a football game we are watching and not Game of Thrones. There's no sense in jockeying for favorites and allowing passion for a player, or disdain for a player or coach trump what should be an objective view of what happens on the field. We are all better for having substanaitive conversations about plays , performance and strategy, without picking sides.

We are now afforded an opportunity to see pretty clearly when why and how plays and strategy on the offensive side of the ball either succeeds or fails. That's because whether you like him or not, our QB can run an NFL offense. If the plays are called and what should work, doesnt because Geno cant execute, we will know. If it's Waldron calling a crap game and giving the QB poor options because his plan is vanilla, we will know. The 'yeah, we can't sustain offense but the qb threw for 4 tds and 270 yards days have passed down to Denver... or not.

Geno is a good (top 10 good) NFL qb. Whether he is good enough to bring us a championship has yet to be proven or disproven.
A case could be made that the injury situation has hampered the use of the full playbook due to the several combinations of lineman that have been used...which, just adds to the problem and I think that's what you mean by a vanilla offense.

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
A case could be made that the injury situation has hampered the use of the full playbook due to the several combinations of lineman that have been used...which, just adds to the problem and I think that's what you mean by a vanilla offense.

LTH

Good point. But we overcame it against a much better defense in Detroit a few weeks ago. And the thing that's concerning is that Cross isn't looking like the consensus best olineman of last years draft...

morgulon1

Reaction score
And at the end of the day, this. If the dude can't get the job done the way it needs to be, then the FO will get someone else, in the same way they got rid of the last guy who couldn't.

But the damn near celebration that happens whenever either the D struggles or now the O has a down game is laughable and embarrassingly transparent. 3 weeks ago, it was what, ' the offense is great, but the D sucks '? ... because a certain HC runs it.

Now, the D is playing well, but there's no retraction of the position. Just silence, and instead, Geno, who was part of the solution a few weeks ago, is no longer the answer. Why? Lets be honest... because he's the qb and not Wilson. Wilson... he who 2 years ago, should have been retained and the HC, GM and hapless owner, put out to pasture so Jeff Besos could buy the team and together with Russ, ship Dangerwhich sandwiches to every doorstep in America and plaster every TV with Prime Vid original 'Russell Wilson - Unlimited Everything'.

The Lombardi ?

'We'll get em next time' ~ R Dubs

To quote Soulfish, some need to 'get over it' and understand that it's a football game we are watching and not Game of Thrones. There's no sense in jockeying for favorites and allowing passion for a player, or disdain for a player or coach trump what should be an objective view of what happens on the field. We are all better for having substanaitive conversations about plays , performance and strategy, without picking sides.

We are now afforded an opportunity to see pretty clearly when why and how plays and strategy on the offensive side of the ball either succeeds or fails. That's because whether you like him or not, our QB can run an NFL offense. If the plays are called and what should work, doesnt because Geno cant execute, we will know. If it's Waldron calling a crap game and giving the QB poor options because his plan is vanilla, we will know. The 'yeah, we can't sustain offense but the qb threw for 4 tds and 270 yards days have passed down to Denver... or not.

Geno is a good (top 10 good) NFL qb. Whether he is good enough to bring us a championship has yet to be proven or disproven.
Keasly45 is my hero .

I'm trying not to be tribal with an us vs them mentality. I do wonder though how quick we are collectively as a fan base to turn on player A , player B , coach C.

Anyone that has seen my posts knows I'm guilty , I've done this before more than once over the years.

I'm happy and feel like this team is on the rise. Not everything is lost. Seattle played a team that's gone deep in the playoffs over the last few seasons , and at their house.
I thought there was a good chance Seattle would lose . Now don't get it wrong , I'm as disappointed as much as the next fan. This was a winnable game that we SHOULD have won but hey, Cincinnati's defense saved the day for them and they got the W.

At least SF lost to Cleveland 😆. Purdy had his chance to go Montana/Elway/Brady and he didn't . I wonder how our friends at 9erwebzone are handling it.

* Edited because I can't write or spell

LTH

Reaction score
Good point. But we overcame it against a much better defense in Detroit a few weeks ago. And the thing that's concerning is that Cross isn't looking like the consensus best olineman of last years draft...
Your right we did over come it but ,correct me if I'm wrong, because I might be, didn't they run more of those 3 TE sets vs Detroit? I'm wondering why they didn't use the TE vs Cincinnati... more max protection.

LTH

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Your right we did over come it but ,correct me if I'm wrong, because I might be, didn't they run more of those 3 TE sets vs Detroit? I'm wondering why they didn't use the TE vs Cincinnati... more max protection.

LTH

I suspect they thought little of the Cincy pass rush. Much like the mistake they made against the Rams.

For some reason we do well when the offence goes through the TE's but Waldron won't stick with it. The Toyota will get you there but he want's to bring out the shiny Porsche with the finicky motor.

morgulon1

Reaction score

LTH
Yeah , it didn't seem very creative to my novice mind.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah but Geno earned this starting job. It's not like the Hawks contractually strapped themselves to Geno before the draft. Maybe if Richardson was available they might have pulled the trigger. Maybe Geno will work out, Maybe he won't but doesn't he deserve a chance to work it out?

I do think there's some rope for Geno. How long that rope is the question if he continues to struggle.

Is it 4-5 more games? Is it the rest of the season?

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I do think there's some rope for Geno. How long that rope is the question if he continues to struggle.

Is it 4-5 more games? Is it the rest of the season?

This is total speculation on my part, but I'd wager it's for the rest of the season. But this may be determined by how the defense plays. If they see massive improvements on the defensive side of the ball, I think the Pete and John may take a serious look in the offseason in finding a replacement at QB.

Something in my gut is telling me they're trying to ramp up for another championship run but they want to improve the defensive side of the ball first.

Again, total speculation. I just think this is how the front office wants to do it.

If the defense falls flat on its face and Geno plays alright, then I have no idea wtf they're gonna do.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ok so you think Geno is NOT the guy. Let's go with that for a moment.

Clearly the D has made the adjustments they need to make. Clearly Hurtt is calling a better game.

What from your perspective do the Hawks need to do to get the Offense going?

Instead of just downing on Geno give a solution. what do the Hawks need to do to make it work?

LTH
Geno Doubters DO NOT HAVE A LEGITIMATE ANSWER, for your inquire, they don't like the guy & don't give a shit who agrees or disagrees with their adolescent opinions, PERIOD!! END OF DISCUSSION.

Rat

Reaction score
Lol top 10 NFL QB? He's just barely top 10 in the NFC.

1. Hurts
2. Purdy
3. Stafford
4. Cousins
5. Murray
6. Prescott
7. Goff
8. Love
9. Geno
10. Mayfield

CPHawk

Reaction score

1. Hurts
2. Purdy
3. Stafford
4. Cousins
5. Murray
6. Prescott
7. Goff
8. Love
9. Geno
10. Mayfield
Idk Love isn’t great. Guy throws some bad picks. I’d put Goff at 3 right now.

Mike Hawk 425

Reaction score

1. Hurts
2. Purdy
3. Stafford
4. Cousins
5. Murray
6. Prescott
7. Goff
8. Love
9. Geno
10. Mayfield

Murray at 5? That makes your opinion a bit devalued to me.

LTH

Reaction score
Geno Doubters DO NOT HAVE A LEGITIMATE ANSWER, for your inquire, they don't like the guy & don't give a shit who agrees or disagrees with their adolescent opinions, PERIOD!! END OF DISCUSSION.
Seems that way but I think it's more that Fade doesn't like me and will not engauge me because I've gotten very direct in the past. That's my take on it... that's OK I probably shouldn't waist my time because I think he just wants to get a rise out of people. His posts get s huge amount of attention and that feeds his lust for attention.

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fair enough pittpanthers. You have that right and I respect your contributions although we won't all agree on every take. That's the fun of .net. Are you talking about 2013-2016 Mr unlimited or 2022-2023 Mr limited? Would you take the present version of #3 over Geno Smith? I'm not trying to be a #7 blind apologist. Yes , he has to be better and acknowledged as much. Remember R Wilson's press conferences where he danced around any question with canned political styled slogans while never actually answering the question or taking responsibility? I do.

I've been a fan since 1976-77 ish myself. Not sure what that has to do with it but I'm
Rolling with #7. I'm a fan of Geno Smith and think he has a lot to offer and hasn't
Reached his potential. I think time does things to us as fans , like a relationship or a period in our lives that was very challenging. we take the bad and frustrating parts and minimize them . It's a coping mechanism.

Current day Geno is probably the better all around QB (would be interesting who would get the starting nod if they both landed on the same team with neutral terms), but in situations where intangibles like winning a game on a last drive come into play, I would take Wilson. I just have no confidence in Smith getting it done.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This is total speculation on my part, but I'd wager it's for the rest of the season. But this may be determined by how the defense plays. If they see massive improvements on the defensive side of the ball, I think the Pete and John may take a serious look in the offseason in finding a replacement at QB.

Something in my gut is telling me they're trying to ramp up for another championship run but they want to improve the defensive side of the ball first.

Again, total speculation. I just think this is how the front office wants to do it.

If the defense falls flat on its face and Geno plays alright, then I have no idea wtf they're gonna do.

Honestly, I think the QB position is the weak part of the team as a whole right now (barring the injured Oline).

knownone

Reaction score

1. Hurts
2. Purdy
3. Stafford
4. Cousins
5. Murray
6. Prescott
7. Goff
8. Love
9. Geno
10. Mayfield
Yep. Top 10 in several objective measurements.

What are your rankings based on?