Props to Geno

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I don't think you've been reading the back of his helmet, Brosiah:
View attachment 62226
Naw, truth is Geno is a good QB and played his ass off tonight. He's just not enough QB to make up for the team deficiencies. I'm just frustrated beyond all getout. I had high hopes for my team and now that's all lost...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

It's spoiled by a hurtful loss, but overall, Geno was really effective tonight on the whole. If he put this kind of game up every week, there'd be no debate - he'd be top 10, easy.

I miss Schotty, man. They'd be a great fit together.

Geno also did not take a single sack, not that the pressure wasn't coming

Last edited:

Hotchy

Reaction score
Geno needed to find Micah and move Dallas. That's on him. Horrible recognition. He's got a talented arm, but not much of anything else. And what's up with those back foot throws where he lofts it up for grabs?

xray

Reaction score
" Smith is like a box of chocolates , you never know what you're going to get ". He's hot or cold ; he's Jekyll or Hyde .

James in PA

Reaction score
Geno was good last night, but did a few things that still drove me crazy including missing an easy throw on the final drive. He's a mid tier QB at best. Career backup material. Last year was a great story, but if he is our starting QB going into next season, Im going to cry (unless we drat a rookie early and it's clear that said rookie will be taking over in a matter of weeks).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno was good last night, but did a few things that still drove me crazy including missing an easy throw on the final drive. He's a mid tier QB at best. Career backup material. Last year was a great story, but if he is our starting QB going into next season, Im going to cry (unless we drat a rookie early and it's clear that said rookie will be taking over in a matter of weeks).
I just can't get behind "career backup" material. Even after regression, he's better than that. Middling starter is apt, but career backups play more like... backups. Drew Lock. Nick Mullens. Trevor Siemian. Taylor Heinicke... etc.

I'm not saying he's the future, but this is better than backup quality play.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno deserves some credit, I thought he played pretty dang good against a really good defense. He still drove me nuts at times and this doesn't move the needle for me on the future but he deserves credit. I have a few things from last night that really bother me but I'm not going to type it out. He played pretty well last night.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Geno almost put up 400 yards if that TD to JSN wasn't called back. Even Terry Mcauly said the ball did not move when it hit the ground, but they overturned it anyway.

There's a lot of Pete hate right now, but he also deserves some credit for:

1) getting more involved in the 3rd down offense
2) calling Waldron out before the game, and influencing the game plan. We saw a more balanced attack and TE utilization.
3) telling Geno to get the ball out quicker, which he did in this game

One of the big questions coming into the game was - could Pete fix the offense? And he did, at least for one game.

Now the defense is another story.

N3putts@

Reaction score
Geno needed to find Micah and move Dallas. That's on him. Horrible recognition. He's got a talented arm, but not much of anything else. And what's up with those back foot throws where he lofts it up for grabs?
The play was for Micah to run free and get washed by a screen to the right side to DJ that way he’s not in the pursuit chance. He just got home to quick.

As far as the back foot throws I would think he sees the play developing and the receiver being open, but due to the rush he can’t step up. More like buying more time until he has to make the throw.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't think that's on him. It's the explicit design of the play, which he didn't call. Perhaps he could've usurped authority and overruled the play without a justifiable (to his coaches) pre-snap reason, but that's probably not a good precedent to set.

Also, those lobs work sometimes. Why not, ya know.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Geno almost put up 400 yards if that TD to JSN wasn't called back. Even Terry Mcauly said the ball did not move when it hit the ground, but they overturned it anyway.

There's a lot of Pete hate right now, but he also deserves some credit for:

1) getting more involved in the 3rd down offense
2) calling Waldron out before the game, and influencing the game plan. We saw a more balanced attack and TE utilization.
3) telling Geno to get the ball out quicker, which he did in this game

One of the big questions coming into the game was - could Pete fix the offense? And he did, at least for one game.

Now the defense is another story.
To be fair to the Defense though, the Refs made a couple of obvious crap calls that stymied their effectiveness and in turn, gave the edge to Dak & Co.
Overall, the Seahawks Defense showed every bit as good as the Cowboys vaunted 'D'.
The Seahawks weren't Soundly Beaten, they were edged out by the Refs.

knownone

Reaction score
I just can't get behind "career backup" material. Even after regression, he's better than that. Middling starter is apt, but career backups play more like... backups. Drew Lock. Nick Mullens. Trevor Siemian. Taylor Heinicke... etc.

I'm not saying he's the future, but this is better than backup quality play.
100% this.

Like him or dislike him, Geno's been a top-15 quarterback since taking over the reins last season. He has issues, but he's not a backup-level quarterback. Some people look at the weapons around him and assume he's being carried while ignoring the genuinely awful offensive line.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think top 15 is very generous but regardless he's better than most backups for sure. Check your pm's knownone if you get a chance

Geno played very well last night against a very good pass rush and he was pressured constantly. I thought Waldron did a much better job of scheming him some help too which was good to see. Maybe between the two of them they can work together and figure this stuff out. I know I've been a front runnon on the anti-Geno front but he is capable of playing very well so lets up this game was a light bulb and he plays lights out.