Geno seems to be regressing

themunn

Reaction score
Geno definitely hasn't been playing as well as he was at the start of the season, that's obvious, with 4 sub 100 rating games in his last 5, vs just 3 in his first 12

However, when you look at his season as a whole - 4th in TDs, 12th in INTs. The 3 guys ahead of him in TDs (Mahomes, Burrow, Allen) are clearly the cream of the crop in the league - but all 3 tossed more ints also. So while the decline is concerning, these things come and go in waves and based on his sideline reactions on Sunday I expect he will be fully on top of the issues that have plagued him over the last few weeks.

One thing that is especially clear is that our O-Line still needs work, even with the exceptional draft we had at both tackel positions. If we can pick up another center and guard this year with same effectiveness as Cross and Lucas things will look excellent for us going forward

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
66% completion percentage, 2,113 yards, 7.2 y/a, 18 TDs, 7 INTs is his statline since the Bucs game. (forgot QBR but it's pretty decent)

The thing that is concerning is the final 5 games:

63% completion percentage, 84 QBR, 1,113 yards, 6.26 y/a, 8 TDs, 5 INTs

Now, it's only 5 games -- but he didn't look particularly good in the other 3 games either despite his statline.

The thing that would worry me is his reputation going back to college. He was a Heisman candidate and a potential number one overall pick. After a tough game that he lost, he went off the rails and had a stretch of bad games that stretched all the way into his time as a Jet.

Definitely a huge drop off in these last few games. I hope that this is just an aberration, a downturn that last a few games and not a trend towards regression to the mean. I like Geno and his story and hope he's successful wherever he goes even if it is not here.

keasley45

Reaction score
I dont think committing to Geno now is an issue at all, provided we dont pay out the nose for him. With the talent we can get around him from these draft picks - on offense and defense, his play at the position is more than adequate - regression or otherwise. The poor o-line play, and disappearance of our run game can't be discounted when trying to figure out exactly what we have in him. Give him time and he can get the job done. And when he hasn't had time and adjusted to scrambling, he's done well in adding a wrinkle defenses have to account for. Would be great to see more of that from him rather than tossing up ints when the pressure gets too hot.

willyrobt

Reaction score
We need to trade up and get Bryce Young. He really looks good at QB. Geno isn't getting any younger.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We need to trade up and get Bryce Young. He really looks good at QB. Geno isn't getting any younger.

It'd take our entire draft this year, and probably another #1 next year to trade up to the #1 position.

Not going to happen, not only because that's not how our FO has ever rolled. But John and Pete know there are too many holes on this roster right now to mortgage two full drafts for a QB.

Young's also only 6 feet tall, and that makes me nervous. Seems like more in the Tua / Baker Mayfield savvy mold rather than a cornerstone elite QB.

willyrobt

Reaction score
It'd take our entire draft this year, and probably another #1 next year to trade up to the #1 position.

Not going to happen, not only because that's not how our FO has ever rolled. But John and Pete know there are too many holes on this roster right now to mortgage two full drafts for a QB.

Young's also only 6 feet tall, and that makes me nervous. Seems like more in the Tua / Baker Mayfield savvy mold rather than a cornerstone elite QB.
How tall was Russel?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I am to old to dream about this. But a closed mind is not constructive.

Realistic mind.

Do you honestly want Pete and John to trade away our entire 2023 draft, and possibly our #1 next year to move up to draft Young?

You think 5 to 1 isn't a big jump, but it's HUGE jump and would require an insane trade package to get there.

sc85sis

Reaction score
More than his height - Bryce is more slight of build than Russ. He’s skinny. It’s the one major concern with him. He’s a terrific QB, but can his body hold up?

keasley45

Reaction score
Russ proved that a short qb can succeed in the NFL. He also showed that doing so requires scheming around not using entire areas of the field, not utilizing short middle passes, having to rely on deep drops, and having to constantly move the pocket ( or vacate the pocket) to find throwing lanes.

Been there. Done that.

The more your qb can do, the more the defense has to account for. No sense in handing the defense the advantage of only having to cover 2/3rds of the field and passes deeper than a 3 step drop.

willyrobt

Reaction score
Realistic mind.

Do you honestly want Pete and John to trade away our entire 2023 draft, and possibly our #1 next year to move up to draft Young?

You think 5 to 1 isn't a big jump, but it's HUGE jump and would require an insane trade package to get there.
Did I say that? Don't put words in my mouth. You have been on here for a long time. You should know better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Did I say that? Don't put words in my mouth. You have been on here for a long time. You should know better.

So you just like Bryce Young. You're not interested in doing what it'd take to get him.

Awesome. Maybe head on over to the NCAA/Draft forum if you're just going to declare your love for college players you're not interested in realistically drafting.

willyrobt

Reaction score
So you just like Bryce Young. You're not interested in doing what it'd take to get him.

Awesome. Maybe head on over to the NCAA/Draft forum if you're just going to declare your love for college players you're not interested in realistically drafting.
It was just a thought. But heaven forbid someone has an idea that is different than yours.

Mick063

Reaction score
I am so very happy that no one on these forums has the slightest bit of influence on the decision-making process for the Seattle Seahawks. All of this "expertise" combined with a few bucks will get you a cup of famous Seattle coffee. Thats about it.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I think the Geno is fine.
I would take a Center, Edge, MLB, NGuard/Tackle and another Offensive Back and some stardust.

Latest posts