Geno Smith resigned In April 2022, Not Today People.

Rat

Reaction score
He must really believe in this team to reject the plethora of other suitors he had. Nice to see guys all-in on us!

Last edited:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ouch, the sarcasm is strong here.

This re-signing seemingly puts the screws to the idea of acquiring Mayfield though.

toffee

Reaction score
I didn't like Geno before last season, I like Geno a lot after the games he played last season.
He didn't quite have the deep ball arm strength of Russ, but few have, he did however show better command of Waldron offense. Most of the time, our offense moved smoother with him under the center, he was rusty, but was a breath of fresh air.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ouch, the sarcasm is strong here.

This re-signing seemingly puts the screws to the idea of acquiring Mayfield though.

Maybe.

We need to look at Geno's one year contract to see if he's easily cuttable come September or not.

But yes, you're probably right. My guess is they'll draft a QB as well if one they like falls to them, either this year or next.

I can tell you one thing, it's VERY sobering after having Russell for the past decade to be having these discussions........about a mediocre backup fighting for the starting job with a mediocre draft pick that failed in another city.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I am fine with Geno as a backup, but I am hearing his contract has gone up from vet minimum (a little over a million dollars) to over 4 million dollars plus possible incentives. I'll hold judgement on this until we know more about the contract (guaranteed money is an important factor here) and our overall qb situation. Right now I'm on the fence about re-signing him.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I didn't like Geno before last season, I like Geno a lot after the games he played last season.
He didn't quite have the deep ball arm strength of Russ, but few have, he did however show better command of Waldron offense. Most of the time, our offense moved smoother with him under the center, he was rusty, but was a breath of fresh air.
Metcalf definitely liked him over the other guy

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It absolutely does not.
I suppose you could be right but given Pete's comments that Geno needs to get back here to compete lead me to surmise that a competition for the QB job is now the way the the team will approach this situation and resurrection of Mayfield's career is very much not in the cards for our FO.

If Cleveland makes it attractive enough to Seattle to take the player off their hands i.e. an Osweiller type situation then maybe it happens but this news points away from a belief it absolutely will.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks are 1-3 with Geno as the starter. That one win came against a team that most top 5 college teams could beat. Not excited about this at all. Hopefully he's not on team come September. Seen what he offers (throughout his NFL career since 2013) and it's not good enough.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Sidenote: Now that Geno's signed, salary cap wise that completely puts to rest trying to sign Bakerfield. Anyone know about how much cap space is left? We still have draft around the corner.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Heck, why not. As long as it isn’t for several years I think we could do a lot worse.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I thought he was just on the roster to call the coin tosses for overtimes?

We all know how much Pete loves playing for OT!

Latest posts