Geno Smith says no to Netflix Quarterback

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The latest quarterback to address whether he will be doing the show is Geno Smith of the Seahawks.

“I thought it was cool, I thought all the guys did a great job; I was happy more people got insight into the life of a quarterback and our jobs,” Smith told reporters when asked about the show on Thursday. “This is a hard job, but if you don’t see what we do it gets taken for granted.”

But that’s not enough to get Sith to want to do it. Asked whether he’ll be doing the show for 2024, Smith said, “No, I’m not.”

I thought that the bolded was a pretty funny typo. 😁

Hawkmode

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Very true. He was a strange choice for that show.
I haven't seen the show but it seems like the focus is on the QB "position" not necessarily reflecting the individuals playing it...so different players would provide the fuller range of what the position involves.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Mariota isn't really a quarterback though.
Ha Ha ...a "slice and dice" response. Perhaps the show is less about what makes "Mahomes tick" and more on the complexity of playing the position at a high level.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
This show made me:

1. Loathe Mahomes’s wife. Very hard to like in my eyes… the arrogance and pretentious nature made me pull against Mahomes and I knew what happened in the season. I also thought Mahomes milked his injury in the Superb Owl.
2. Realize Kirk Cousins is a good dude and has become easier to pull for. I really liked the sessions on him.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Mariota isn't really a quarterback though.
yet another much-Ballyhooed duck QB that turned out to be an abject failure in NFL.

Have to admit Herbert seems to be the real deal - or at least significantly better than all other duck QB's

rjdriver

Reaction score
This show made me:

1. Loathe Mahomes’s wife. Very hard to like in my eyes… the arrogance and pretentious nature made me pull against Mahomes and I knew what happened in the season. I also thought Mahomes milked his injury in the Superb Owl.
2. Realize Kirk Cousins is a good dude and has become easier to pull for. I really liked the sessions on him.

Agree on both counts. I wish someone would call Golden and have him take care of the former.

Kirk is definitely easy to root for. However, as much as I like him, he is one of those guys who end up being poison for a franchise. Good enough to command top tier money. Not good enough to put a team on his shoulders and win games you have no business winning when it counts.

rjdriver

Reaction score
yet another much-Ballyhooed duck QB that turned out to be an abject failure in NFL.

Have to admit Herbert seems to be the real deal - or at least significantly better than all other duck QB's

I love Herbert, but he may be overrated (though still excellent). Time will tell. He is leaps and bounds better than ex-ducks like Joey and Marcus though. Then again, so am I and I'm 51 and can barely grip a football.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This show made me:

Same here. I've only watched 2 episodes and I can't stand Mahomes' wife. They have been together since high school, but I still think he could have done better.

xray

Reaction score
Why would they ask Smith in the 1st place ? Half the NFL fans don't know who the hell he is . Fans want to see familiar players in shows like this . imo

Latest posts