Geno Waldron sure sucked today

hoxrox

Reaction score
Long developing plays, lack of TE usage, pass happy, lack of creative run plays.

Waldron had two weeks to prepare for this game.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I just came in here late, but I think the main reason the Seahawks lost the game is REDZONE failures goal-to-go. Does anybody know the number? Or the number of plays run inside the 10-yard line?

If we’re going to pound it with Walker down there, then somebody please BLOCK for him!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Geno was not good, but how much of that had to do with playcalling?

Waldron deserves as much blame as Geno, imo.
ALOT. And I agree with you.

Think a bunch of people.

Go watch the Top Billing video I re posted and Murph straight up says "To all you who think that Geno was the problem....."

I don't get the Jekyll and Hyde routine with him. He just goes for long stretches of forgetting that the team has Tight Ends. And adjustments? What's that?

If you're gonna run up the gut on the goal line - put Charbs in. If it's K9 create some motion and bounce him to the outside. Play to the strengths for **** sakes.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Good description really. Very Jekyll and Hyde.
thx -

There was a couple of things that I've been kinda noticing about the whole PC/Waldron thing.

Yesterday opened with the scripted stuff. I'm assuming that a 'larger' group is involved in the first 10-15 plays (or whatever it is to start the game). I've gleaned in general that this is probably a big meeting scripting to take advantage of known weaknesses and play to our strengths to come out and punch a team in them mouth. I'm sure alot of thought goes into it.

That worked well yesterday. THEN. Once the script is over, the wheels seem to fall off. Yesterday seemingly right away.

When I say Jekyll and Hyde - what I mean is that not just the 2 styles of calling (good and suck) affecting the game - 'hey presto - watch the Tight Ends Disssapear!!!'. I get the impression that Pete gets 'involved' at some point, and puts a leash on Waldron to run things 'his way'. I can assure you that playcalling for the SEASON was Jekyll and Hyde pre-post Munich last year. And I think that's 'cause Pete freaked out.

So, without being long winded: Is the BROKEN Waldron the one with the leash on? Or the one with the leash off? Or is this even in the ballpark on the issue? If the BROKEN Waldron is the one with the leash OFF - he's gotta go at some point. IMO. If the broken Waldron is the one with the leash ON - then Pete needs to stop f'ing meddling.

Just a couple random thoughts.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm fine with how Waldron calls games most of the time. He's creative, uses personnel well and takes advantage of Geno's attributes (accuracy, arm strength).

But his in-game adjusting is poor, and was on full display yesterday. Once your QB throws a pick, looks rattled and hesitant AND is starting to get hammered because the interior of your line is banged up and not holding up to containing pressure?

You don't keep calling 5 step drops from the pocket and long developing plays downfield. Quick screens, play action and most importantly get Geno the hell out of the pocket with misdirection roll outs.

3 of the 5 bad red zone possessions can be put at the feet of Waldron for the playcalling giving an already hesitant Geno too much to think about and do. Tempo was also needed IMO. That's how you get a not confident QB back into rhythm.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I'm fine with how Waldron calls games most of the time. He's creative, uses personnel well and takes advantage of Geno's attributes (accuracy, arm strength).

But his in-game adjusting is poor, and was on full display yesterday. Once your QB throws a pick, looks rattled and hesitant AND is starting to get hammered because the interior of your line is banged up and not holding up to containing pressure?

You don't keep calling 5 step drops from the pocket and long developing plays downfield. Quick screens, play action and most importantly get Geno the hell out of the pocket with misdirection roll outs.

3 of the 5 bad red zone possessions can be put at the feet of Waldron for the playcalling giving an already hesitant Geno too much to think about and do. Tempo was also needed IMO. That's how you get a not confident QB back into rhythm.
I like the idea of mixing in more shorter routes against teams that can generate heavy pressure. I think JSN could help with that.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Waldron wasn't the one who sailed passes over receivers heads in the corner of the end zone.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
You guys do realize this thread is from a game 2.5 months ago?