George Fant to RT

JPC4Days

Reaction score
original poster":25pel2yp said:
MontanaHawk05":25pel2yp said:
JPC4Days":25pel2yp said:
MontanaHawk05":25pel2yp said:
That is the single most frequent excuse given for bad play. I'm well aware that he should rightfully get a rookie pass. But most Fant fans are proclaiming him the winner of the Fant-Ifedi battle already.

And no, I'm not trying to start stuff, actually. Players do read this board. Rumor has it that one guy even started arguing with everyone who criticized his play.

Yah I just agree with the Seahawks... and what they see in him, I want this player on my roster developing. I don't know that we are ever going to agree... seems like you have an agenda.... are you Ifedi? Relax big fella this could be your year...just having fun man.

I mean what do you want man I just disagree with you... not the end of the World. Fant is a big guy learning a new sport coming off a major injury... so you may get your wish... they could cut him. It will tell me a lot on how he looks coming off of injury.

I am just curious do you have a problem with there draft .... what is your solution? What would you do? Do you want Fant on the team or does the thought of any out of the box thinking bother you that much? The intrigue is that Fant has a ton of upside and I have noticed the improvement ... and the Seahawks have too... I disagree with you that JS and PC are stupid in there assessment of Fant. I agree with there assessment of him more than yours but he is coming off of major injury so ... you may get your wish... who knows bro ... I like him on the roster from what I have seen, will have to see how he looks when he comes back.

Also people are penciling him in because the coaches and personal dept love him... the Seahawks football operations department feel better about him than you do or your analysts .... that's all.

Really dude the only way this conversation gets productive is if we could watch all film on him since coming into the league... not cherry picked cuts to support either sides narrative.

Lfd1axf56cvy

Fant struggled every bit as much as the other "top-tools" Cable guys. Yet he's getting a pass on it almost entirely because he's 1) cheap, 2) a UDFA, and 3) a feel-good story. We fans are positively inclined towards such players and willing to put blinders on because of it. My only real agenda here is to be honest about things, and establish things as they truly are. I'm pretty passionate about it, and I'm allowed to be.

And so are you. You are allowed to be passionate about what you think. But you'll have to bring some pertinent information and data to the table in order to convince me, because honestly, it looks like the data doesn't favor him. That's all I'm saying.

Sure, maybe he becomes a starter or even a Pro Bowler once Solari gets his hands on him. But he hasn't shown a whiff of that yet. All he's shown is raw potential on the physical side only.

I share exactly the same thoughts on Fant, Montana.

Funnily enough I wrote this for an article today about Fant -

XnQFlS5

How are you being completely honest... if you are ignoring pertinent data about whatever your analyzing? How is Ignoring the fact that he is new to this being honest? To analyze a subject you must be completely honest about ALL the data and you are not .... you are deliberately either holding that fact that he never played against him or ignoring it all together. If you are trying to project his future performance and evaluate his talent level... how can you ignore that or hold it against him.

Did you not see how much better he looked then rees odhiambo? I am not sure why you don't see what the Seahawks see in him... and that is pertinent.... the Seahawks like him. Listen he might not be the same player coming off of an ACL and the people hating on him... will get to have there moment. I just don't understand how people can be ...oh he is terrible... he ALWAYS gets beat... he hasn't improved at all. those kind of statements baffle me but then again people baffle me all the time. I am kinda done with this... the only way we get anywhere is If we sat down and watched all the film in order all the way up until the injury... I could should you the improvement and what I like.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
toffee":1j2yhf94 said:
Did we make a mistake in converting Fant to LT?

If we made a mistake, and I’m not convinced we did, it was in converting him to tackle instead of DE.

I do think he might have made, and still might make, a pretty wicked DE.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
JPC4Days":aj38t0zs said:
original poster":aj38t0zs said:
MontanaHawk05":aj38t0zs said:
JPC4Days":aj38t0zs said:
Yah I just agree with the Seahawks... and what they see in him, I want this player on my roster developing. I don't know that we are ever going to agree... seems like you have an agenda.... are you Ifedi? Relax big fella this could be your year...just having fun man.

I mean what do you want man I just disagree with you... not the end of the World. Fant is a big guy learning a new sport coming off a major injury... so you may get your wish... they could cut him. It will tell me a lot on how he looks coming off of injury.

I am just curious do you have a problem with there draft .... what is your solution? What would you do? Do you want Fant on the team or does the thought of any out of the box thinking bother you that much? The intrigue is that Fant has a ton of upside and I have noticed the improvement ... and the Seahawks have too... I disagree with you that JS and PC are stupid in there assessment of Fant. I agree with there assessment of him more than yours but he is coming off of major injury so ... you may get your wish... who knows bro ... I like him on the roster from what I have seen, will have to see how he looks when he comes back.

Also people are penciling him in because the coaches and personal dept love him... the Seahawks football operations department feel better about him than you do or your analysts .... that's all.

Really dude the only way this conversation gets productive is if we could watch all film on him since coming into the league... not cherry picked cuts to support either sides narrative.

Lfd1axf56cvy

Fant struggled every bit as much as the other "top-tools" Cable guys. Yet he's getting a pass on it almost entirely because he's 1) cheap, 2) a UDFA, and 3) a feel-good story. We fans are positively inclined towards such players and willing to put blinders on because of it. My only real agenda here is to be honest about things, and establish things as they truly are. I'm pretty passionate about it, and I'm allowed to be.

And so are you. You are allowed to be passionate about what you think. But you'll have to bring some pertinent information and data to the table in order to convince me, because honestly, it looks like the data doesn't favor him. That's all I'm saying.

Sure, maybe he becomes a starter or even a Pro Bowler once Solari gets his hands on him. But he hasn't shown a whiff of that yet. All he's shown is raw potential on the physical side only.

XnQFlS5

How are you being completely honest... if you are ignoring pertinent data about whatever your analyzing? How is Ignoring the fact that he is new to this being honest? To analyze a subject you must be completely honest about ALL the data and you are not ....

Yes, I am. I haven't said "cut him now", I've said "give him his chance, but he needs to significantly improve. He's not there yet". This is merely about establishing where he is now.

He may never improve to the point of being a consistent starter-level player. The fact that he's new does not guarantee that he's going to get better. That's something that people have a really hard time grasping.

penihawk

Reaction score
original poster":1yg7wtx6 said:
Ifedi was superb in college, really, really good.

If you want some optimism about him, just watch him in college. I hope Cable has nightmares about what he's done to Ifedi, I just hope Solari gets the most out of him.

I’m thinking this superb college tape you speak of is like video of Bigfoot. It don’t exist. Same player & mistakes then as now. We better pray he somehow makes me eat crow.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
penihawk":2zwtjf0t said:
original poster":2zwtjf0t said:
Ifedi was superb in college, really, really good.

If you want some optimism about him, just watch him in college. I hope Cable has nightmares about what he's done to Ifedi, I just hope Solari gets the most out of him.

I’m thinking this superb college tape you speak of is like video of Bigfoot. It don’t exist. Same player & mistakes then as now. We better pray he somehow makes me eat crow.

I don't think Ifedi is going anywhere, and I think we'll see a lot of him and Fant at Tackle....Duane Brown turns 33 before the season starts, and age is not kind to 320 lb men when it comes to injury. While he may be our best OL guy, I wouldn't count on him starting (and finishing) all 16 games.

JPC4Days

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":25d6u7bq said:
JPC4Days":25d6u7bq said:
original poster":25d6u7bq said:
MontanaHawk05":25d6u7bq said:
Lfd1axf56cvy

XnQFlS5

How are you being completely honest... if you are ignoring pertinent data about whatever your analyzing? How is Ignoring the fact that he is new to this being honest? To analyze a subject you must be completely honest about ALL the data and you are not ....

Yes, I am. I haven't said "cut him now", I've said "give him his chance, but he needs to significantly improve. He's not there yet". This is merely about establishing where he is now.

He may never improve to the point of being a consistent starter-level player. The fact that he's new does not guarantee that he's going to get better. That's something that people have a really hard time grasping.

I agree that being new does guarantee anything... but when you consider the athletic profile... the work ethic... his role on the basketball team .. he is an extreme athlete with the ...all important want to... and I have seen improvement ... you haven't. We will just have to disagree since we can't sit down and watch all the film.... the big thing now is ..how does he come back from the ACL.

Also if you believe in the New O line coach he should sort all of this out... the ACL can be used as the disclaimer but people come back better from that injury all the time ...so if he is a dude then he will come back from it better than ever.
Also if he passes the sniff test from Solari then I don't know what to tell you... at that point if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... I mean two different staff's are going to show there opinion about this guy.

original poster

Reaction score
JPC -

Being a freak athlete isn’t enough in the NFL. If it was we wouldn’t have just drafted rashaad Penny as Christine Michael would be our star back.

Fant has yet to show anything of any note in the grand scheme of things. Until he does, I will continue on the assumption that he will amount to either a backup or out of the league.

I’m not saying for a second that he won’t suceed in the NFL, of course I want him to succeed. I want him to be the best left tackle in the league and remain a Seahawk for life, is that realistic? I don’t know as all I have to go on is what he’s shown to date. And what he’s shown to date isn’t particularly good. With Jamarco Jones now on the roster, if Fant doesn’t succeed at right tackle or left guard, I’m not convinced he has a place on this roster, that’s a big shame but it is why it is, the NFL is a fierce thing of beauty.

Plus, he’s a restricted free agent after this season, while the team may want to continue developing him at a cost of $630,000 for this year, I doubt they’d spend roughly $3M dollars for a 2nd round tender on him next year. Original round tender is obviously off the cards due to his UDFA status.

I guess he could still be resigned in unrestricted free agency if no other teams show an interest in him, though. Very likely at league minimum.

As I said above, I’m not being down on Fant for the sake of being down, I want him to succeed, but he has to first show that he is not a liability, I sure hope he does.

JPC4Days

Reaction score
original poster":12in05p0 said:
JPC -

Being a freak athlete isn’t enough in the NFL. If it was we wouldn’t have just drafted rashaad Penny as Christine Michael would be our star back.

Fant has yet to show anything of any note in the grand scheme of things. Until he does, I will continue on the assumption that he will amount to either a backup or out of the league.

I’m not saying for a second that he won’t suceed in the NFL, of course I want him to succeed. I want him to be the best left tackle in the league and remain a Seahawk for life, is that realistic? I don’t know as all I have to go on is what he’s shown to date. And what he’s shown to date isn’t particularly good. With Jamarco Jones now on the roster, if Fant doesn’t succeed at right tackle or left guard, I’m not convinced he has a place on this roster, that’s a big shame but it is why it is, the NFL is a fierce thing of beauty.

Plus, he’s a restricted free agent after this season, while the team may want to continue developing him at a cost of $630,000 for this year, I doubt they’d spend roughly $3M dollars for a 2nd round tender on him next year. Original round tender is obviously off the cards due to his UDFA status.

I guess he could still be resigned in unrestricted free agency if no other teams show an interest in him, though. Very likely at league minimum.

As I said above, I’m not being down on Fant for the sake of being down, I want him to succeed, but he has to first show that he is not a liability, I sure hope he does.

omg ...this is why I stopped posting on here... ok we can keep this going ...when did I say he will succeed just because he is a freak athlete ... These are the definitive statements that just bore ...me ... "He has not shown anything" .... oh really ... hasn't shown anything.... ok I just can't talk to you then... I just I don't know it's like a rabbit hole and I am remember that Mark Twain Quote.... WOW people just forget everything you say ...

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
original poster":12yltb8c said:
JPC -

I’m not saying for a second that he won’t suceed in the NFL,
of course I want him to succeed. I want him to be the best left tackle in the league and remain a Seahawk for life, is that realistic? I don’t know as all I have to go on is what he’s shown to date. And what he’s shown to date isn’t particularly good. With Jamarco Jones now on the roster, if Fant doesn’t succeed at right tackle or left guard, I’m not convinced he has a place on this roster, that’s a big shame but it is why it is, the NFL is a fierce thing of beauty.

Huh? Your assumption is he will be a back-up or out of the league...but you're not saying for a second that he wont succeed? Ok...

Fant has the raw athletic ability, work ethic and determination, and intelligence to become a great lineman. The crevasse in this discussion is based on whether you see him in a relative light...or an absolute light. Relative to the experience he had coming into the 2016 season, he performed pretty good at the toughest position on the OLine and with that trajectory, people could envision greatness. The video embedded above that came out before the 2017 season is visual evidence enough that he did some really good things. But in absolute terms...he performed horribly. So...the love isn't for what we've already seen. The love is for the prospect of what he may become. Some see it, some don't.

original poster

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2wkzwb63 said:
original poster":2wkzwb63 said:
JPC -

of course I want him to succeed. I want him to be the best left tackle in the league and remain a Seahawk for life, is that realistic? I don’t know as all I have to go on is what he’s shown to date. And what he’s shown to date isn’t particularly good. With Jamarco Jones now on the roster, if Fant doesn’t succeed at right tackle or left guard, I’m not convinced he has a place on this roster, that’s a big shame but it is why it is, the NFL is a fierce thing of beauty.

Huh? Your assumption is he will be a back-up or out of the league...but you're not saying for a second that he wont succeed? Ok...

Fant has the raw athletic ability, work ethic and determination, and intelligence to become a great lineman. The crevasse in this discussion is based on whether you see him in a relative light...or an absolute light. Relative to the experience he had coming into the 2016 season, he performed pretty good at the toughest position on the OLine and with that trajectory, people could envision greatness. The video embedded above that came out before the 2017 season is visual evidence enough that he did some really good things. But in absolute terms...he performed horribly. So...the love isn't for what we've already seen. The love is for the prospect of what he may become. Some see it, some don't.

Yes, I'm struggling to see how those two things can't both exist. I will assume he is set to be a perennial backup or even worse, out of the league until he shows otherwise but equally appreciate that he could make a huge jump and become a successful lineman in this league.

You can assume the worst and hope for the best at the same time, the two are not exclusive.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2oanodp3 said:
original poster":2oanodp3 said:
JPC -

I see what Fant could be and love his story..Big Walt seems to also as he has taken him under his wing.
That is really all I have to ride on and sure that is not enough at this point but when you consider the guy was
starting because injuries in his rookie year that stands out...George Fant?Only one year in school as an OL
starting in the NFL???Wow...He never really got to show anything last year because of that ACL injury so all
we have is that first year and if your going to use it to degrade him that is fine but with 2 seasons of learning
from Walt and coaches I will wait till I see this season of Fant before forming an absolute opinion on him in
terms of where he is at.

original poster

Reaction score
For anyone that wants to have a conversation, try and convince me that I'm wrong. I'm all ears, seriously.

Show me what I'm missing and I will gladly get far more excited about George Fant but here's what I see with him -

His execution against the bullrush is dreadful. The pass rusher can move him pretty much wherever he wants him on the vast majority of plays.

He was nothing short of a liability in the run game. The ability is there, it's purely down to execution and experience. He's not an experienced lineman and he plays like an inexperienced lineman.

His initial hand placement is awful. Rather than going to the inside of the chest on initial contact he grabs the outside or near the shoulders, the result? His arms get knocked to the outside so he's left with no leverage, no balance and simply gets knocked out the way leaving a clear lane to the passer.

He holds. A lot. I don't remember it being a particular problem in game situations so he probably didn't get flagged as often as he should have. He should have ended up with easily the same amount of holding penalties Ifedi managed, he was just lucky.

How about what he does well?

He has good feet and his athleticism really shows in a lot of plays. There is no denying that the potential is there.

He is very good at swooping the pass rusher so far outside that it gives the passer enough room to adjust and move up or around in the pocket. When he does get beat on an outside rush, very often it's too late for the rusher to do anything as the curve he was forced to take was so large that he was still nowhere near the passer.

He's clearly smart. There were times when he was facing stunts but he stayed in his zone and didn't get fooled into staying on his guy. If his guy left his zone, he'd pass them off, exactly as he should in a ZBS. The counter point to this is he'd sometimes find himself forced out of position on stunts so he was unable to protect his assigned zone. This mainly happened against elite rushers though so he certainly gets a pass here from me.

The biggest blow for him was getting injured in preseason in my opinion. The Seahawks were probably fully prepared to deal with the downfalls knowing full well that it would pay dividends in a year. Having another full 16 games to accelerate his development would have worked wonders for him.

Now we have Duane Brown and Jamarco Jones at the same spot? He needs to hope he can transition to another position and actually be the better lineman. With how the run game was last season I don't envision the coaching staff willing to put him in the starting 5 knowing that it would put a better lineman on the bench, they need results now, not a sacrifice now to pay dividends in future seasons.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
original poster":1vf6ypc0 said:
For anyone that wants to have a conversation, try and convince me that I'm wrong. I'm all ears, seriously.

Show me what I'm missing and I will gladly get far more excited about George Fant but here's what I see with him -

His execution against the bullrush is dreadful. The pass rusher can move him pretty much wherever he wants him on the vast majority of plays.

He was nothing short of a liability in the run game. The ability is there, it's purely down to execution and experience. He's not an experienced lineman and he plays like an inexperienced lineman.

His initial hand placement is awful. Rather than going to the inside of the chest on initial contact he grabs the outside or near the shoulders, the result? His arms get knocked to the outside so he's left with no leverage, no balance and simply gets knocked out the way leaving a clear lane to the passer.

He holds. A lot. I don't remember it being a particular problem in game situations so he probably didn't get flagged as often as he should have. He should have ended up with easily the same amount of holding penalties Ifedi managed, he was just lucky.

He has good feet and his athleticism really shows in a lot of plays. There is no denying that the potential is there.

He is very good at swooping the pass rusher so far outside that it gives the passer enough room to adjust and move up or around in the pocket. When he does get beat on an outside rush, very often it's too late for the rusher to do anything as the curve he was forced to take was so large that he was still nowhere near the passer.

He's clearly smart. There were times when he was facing stunts but he stayed in his zone and didn't get fooled into staying on his guy. If his guy left his zone, he'd pass them off, exactly as he should in a ZBS. The counter point to this is he'd sometimes find himself forced out of position on stunts so he was unable to protect his assigned zone. This mainly happened against elite rushers though so he certainly gets a pass here from me.

The biggest blow for him was getting injured in preseason in my opinion. The Seahawks were probably fully prepared to deal with the downfalls knowing full well that it would pay dividends in a year. Having another full 16 games to accelerate his development would have worked wonders for him.

Now we have Duane Brown and Jamarco Jones at the same spot? He needs to hope he can transition to another position and actually be the better lineman. With how the run game was last season I don't envision the coaching staff willing to put him in the starting 5 knowing that it would put a better lineman on the bench, they need results now, not a sacrifice now to pay dividends in future seasons.
Lol..(Sorry) it occured to me seriously that how does a Brit know the game much better than me?
I know I'm older and watched more years but when you put out the ins and outs of line play I know
just about nothing.but I do know a good player when I see one.
I'm not saying he is good yet and he is a long shot.i understand the angle your coming from.
We will just have to wait till he plays again to see if he has learned things that he lacked..
Anyway I still got my baseball know how ..Right>? :lol:

hawk45

Reaction score
This thread took an entertaining turn when Montana floated the idea that some posters might just be George Fant in disguise, which I'm not gonna lie occurred to me also (in jest).

But Popcorn aside I come down squarely with Montana: Fant got abused his rookie season (excusable for a rookie but it's fact), any idea that he will progress linearly is straight speculation, he's coming off of an injury, so it is a bit out-there to think we could throw a position change on top of all of this and see it as anything but a LONG long shot that he is any kind of answer at RT this year.

Ifedi is bad you say? Sure, but Ifedi didn't transition from power forward prior to this; he played this EXACT position in college. On an actual football team and everything. So even if Ifedi lacks some lateral agility Fant possesses, Ifedi is equally - I would say much MORE than equally but I won't try and force my opinion on others - that Ifedi's progress at the position he played LAST YEAR puts him further up the road to serviceability than Fant's progress at a position he hasn't even officially been moved to yet after a year of injury.

Just my opinion, but anyone who discusses Fant at RT at this moment without serious and crippling caveats sprinkled liberally throughout their post deserves any stink-eye they get.

It may work! But as others have observed, Fant's story and the fact that he's come this far from basketball player have led some to erroneously project linear progress to a good option at tackle in the NFL, and that projection has very questionable provenance.

JPC4Days

Reaction score
original poster":2pevg6u1 said:

This is a fugazi...

[youtube]pDmGhethEoQ[/youtube]

You have a couple of points sprinkled in there among all the inaccuracies, definitive absolute statements, half truths and lack of nuance...

"Son your potential is going to get me fired"

I am glad we had this disagreement because now it is like a little side bet ... before I just wanted a kick ass line ... now this has turned into a little pissing contest... all in good fun. Come on George the Wolves are at the door don't let me down.

I really have slow mo watched a lot of O Line play over the last couple of years and things come really easy to him on the football field... things that are special... fluid,quick,agile and strong and if you think he doesn't have sand in his pants ... you do not know what you are talking about this is not Sean Locklear ...he can anchor... when he is technique sound. Cool this should be fun... I will risk looking like a dumb ass to unknowledgeable people..

I vote George Fant to make it and I endorse this message.

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll believes “there’s a chance” left tackle George Fant will be available by the start of training camp. Carroll addressed Fant’s recovery process while speaking at the NFL Scouting Combine podium on Thursday.

“I’m seeing him almost every day as he runs through the building working out,” Carroll said. “He’s really excited about it, and we’ll see how far he can take it. George was just on the rise and just coming and he had a tremendous start to last season, and we were really excited about him.”

Fant suffered a torn ACL during the preseason and spent the remainder of the year on the injured reserve. Carroll was asked specifically whether or not Fant would be recovered by the start of training camp later this summer.

“There’s a chance for that,” Carroll explained. “That’s what he’s shooting for. Because his injury happened early in the year, he has a chance. Some guys get that late in the year, and those couple of months are a big difference because those last couple of months of the rehab are really important. We won’t rush him at all.

The Seahawks had to make some adjustments to their offensive line in Fant’s absence and eventually pulled the trigger on a mid-season trade to acquire tackle Duane Brown from the Texans. Carroll still sees a place for Fant on the line.

“He’s got a great future ahead of him and we’re excited about his development and all of that,” Carroll said. “His mentality is great. So we’ll see what happens, but I know he’s holding out for that.”

You can't Stop George Fant ... you can only wish to contain him.... should be fun dude ....

Cheers

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
bigskydoc":7093m80u said:
toffee":7093m80u said:
Did we make a mistake in converting Fant to LT?

If we made a mistake, and I’m not convinced we did, it was in converting him to tackle instead of DE.

I do think he might have made, and still might make, a pretty wicked DE.

THAT has a potential that I never considered. I think it would be awesome and may be a strong point about what he is doin now. He may be training for that position by playing against that position. Remember the Center played left, played right, put him in center and now he is our center. Gotta give them experience before they become good.

justafan

Reaction score
We all want a ProBowl LT.If Fant beats all the odds, its all the better.

Nobody is rooting against him or hoping he fails.I just dont like experiments at the LT position.Practice squad,backup then earn his spot and not by default.

original poster

Reaction score
JPC4Days":39h8hjgv said:
original poster":39h8hjgv said:

This is a fugazi...

[youtube]pDmGhethEoQ[/youtube]

You have a couple of points sprinkled in there among all the inaccuracies, definitive absolute statements, half truths and lack of nuance...

"Son your potential is going to get me fired"

I am glad we had this disagreement because now it is like a little side bet ... before I just wanted a kick ass line ... now this has turned into a little pissing contest... all in good fun. Come on George the Wolves are at the door don't let me down.

I really have slow mo watched a lot of O Line play over the last couple of years and things come really easy to him on the football field... things that are special... fluid,quick,agile and strong and if you think he doesn't have sand in his pants ... you do not know what you are talking about this is not Sean Locklear ...he can anchor... when he is technique sound. Cool this should be fun... I will risk looking like a dumb ass to unknowledgeable people..

I vote George Fant to make it and I endorse this message.

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll believes “there’s a chance” left tackle George Fant will be available by the start of training camp. Carroll addressed Fant’s recovery process while speaking at the NFL Scouting Combine podium on Thursday.

“I’m seeing him almost every day as he runs through the building working out,” Carroll said. “He’s really excited about it, and we’ll see how far he can take it. George was just on the rise and just coming and he had a tremendous start to last season, and we were really excited about him.”

Fant suffered a torn ACL during the preseason and spent the remainder of the year on the injured reserve. Carroll was asked specifically whether or not Fant would be recovered by the start of training camp later this summer.

“There’s a chance for that,” Carroll explained. “That’s what he’s shooting for. Because his injury happened early in the year, he has a chance. Some guys get that late in the year, and those couple of months are a big difference because those last couple of months of the rehab are really important. We won’t rush him at all.

The Seahawks had to make some adjustments to their offensive line in Fant’s absence and eventually pulled the trigger on a mid-season trade to acquire tackle Duane Brown from the Texans. Carroll still sees a place for Fant on the line.

“He’s got a great future ahead of him and we’re excited about his development and all of that,” Carroll said. “His mentality is great. So we’ll see what happens, but I know he’s holding out for that.”

You can't Stop George Fant ... you can only wish to contain him.... should be fun dude ....

Cheers

So you ignored all my points and posted a load of nonsense?

I think I was very fair in my assessment of Fant.

I said what I believe he does well and what I believe he doesn’t do well.

I’m not sure why you’re so defensive of him, but come on... if you want to convince me, actually do it.

As I said in an earlier post, I can promise you I am all for changing my mind on him.

toffee

Reaction score
Looks like both Fant and our rookie Jones will challenge for RT and LT. experience wise Fant have one season of NFL vs Jones’ three season in big ten. They couldn’t be more different, I am intrigued to see who comes out ahead.

Chance of these two to unseat our probowl LT is slim, but to unseat Ifeldi? Neither had any RT experience, if they managed to unseat Ifeldi, that basically would be the end of Ifedi’s career with the Hawks. May be he could join Cable in Oakland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk