Gerald McCoy?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This one I really think we do get outbid on, but it'd be amazing if it happened.

King Dog

Reaction score
I always felt like we were gonna get Ansah, and always felt like we were gonna get McCoy if he got cut. I'm not right often though :irishdrinkers:

Fade

Reaction score
He would fit Carroll's defense perfectly. Seattle also has a ton of cap room.

It makes too much sense, so that means it probably won't happen.

GLio14

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2ccx8pi9 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1130607580827463680[/tweet]
I mean, I get it. But the team does have $25 million in cap space. There is some flexibility here.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
We still have our first three draft picks to sign. Plus try to get a deal done with Wagner and Reed.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1vwo3txd said:
We still have our first three draft picks to sign. Plus try to get a deal done with Wagner and Reed.

With draft pick slotting, the draft pool $$$ is much less of an impact. They can still extend either one of Wagner or Reed, and tag the other next off-season -- when they will have a lot of cap space to work with.

They also can make moves with Mingo or Brown to free up space, if necessary.

McCoy is totally doable, cap wise - but I think another team outbids. It will take an over-sell of culture and success to snag him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The cap space is there. Give him what he wants and bring him in. More defensive line depth is needed for a championship run, and McCoy is a true leader. Him and Woods together would really make for a high-character, high-effort positional group.

massari

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1xft2uzm said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1130607580827463680[/tweet]
He won't get too much considering no team was even willing to give a conditional 7th for his contract worth $12M-$13M per season for the next three years with ZERO dead money.

He'll get 1 year $10M tops.

seabowl

Reaction score
From what I've read the last few weeks Bucs fans think he's done and obviously so do the Bucs. Someone else's trash is not always someone else's treasure.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
seabowl":1az8nlc4 said:
From what I've read the last few weeks Bucs fans think he's done and obviously so do the Bucs. Someone else's trash is not always someone else's treasure.

Huh? What have you been reading? Link? Guy had 6+ sacks the last two years from the DT position. I will take that all day long. Missed 2 games last year and only 8 in 5.

I am not sure what he is done at, but it isn't football.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
seabowl":flyuk5mq said:

Though his falling-out in Tampa Bay might suggest otherwise, McCoy hasn't been unproductive in recent years. The defensive tackle has amassed at least five sacks in each of the last seven seasons, the league's longest active streak among DTs. Since 2010, McCoy has 50.5 sacks, the third-most among all defensive tackles. His six Pro Bowl selections since 2012 are tied with Cincinnati's Geno Atkins for the most among defensive lineman.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ne-seasons

Largent80

Reaction score
Regarding the extensions. I think they get Wagner done in the next few weeks and they will wait on Reed to see if his production from last year continues.

Getting McCoy would really bolster that line, I would love to see it happen.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Remember the what happened the last time we signed defensive line FAs from Detroit and Tampa ? :stirthepot: :0190l:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Would LOVE to see McCoy w/the Hawks. I think he still not only has something left, but he has plenty to prove.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’m sure he’s got something to prove, but is he ready to platoon here?

Somehow I doubt the team will pay what he wants and somehow if he isn’t ‘the guy’ I wonder if he will be prepared to compete for a job. All that said he’d sure be a nice addition.

Largent80

Reaction score
He isn't going to be "the guy" here. He would simply be another cog in the wheel. A chance for a ring should influence wherever he signs unless his ego is so big it requires being "the guy".

At his age, he had better think about that.

hawks85

Reaction score
I believe if McCoy signs with Seattle it will be a one year deal worth around 6-8 million or a 3 year deal worth around 24 million. He said he wants to sign with a playoff contender etc...it could happen only time will tell.