Ghosts of ETIII -

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm sure it's probably been mentioned before, on a quick Google search, it was definitely mentioned in some OLDer press.

But JESUS - Diggs on a bunch of plays sure reminded me of ETIII in his prime. Just FLASHING around the field. 2 plays at least I thought he was a clone.

Now if he can just master the 'chop the ball out of the receivers hands on the 1 yard line and have it go through the back' - that would be cool.

ETIII BEFORE the hotel room. And the handgun. And getting chased around getting shot at while naked..... yea, before that ;) I'll never forget Kam's training camp quote: "You see Earl? He's practicing with a PARACHUTE?!".

Geno for Prez. Walker for VP. Diggs for - Secretary of State? ;)

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
You just made me realize something...Earl Thomas is Austin Powers

Austin Powers Movie GIF

Oh, and don't forget to add Tariq Woolen for Secretary of Defense.

Mick063

Reaction score
Diggs doesn't have the equivalent range. Having said that, at least he doesn't seem like the type to flip off the sideline (for the entire world to see) or run to Jerry Jones to plead "Come get me" while in uniform.

ETIII burned my bridge long ago. I love me some Kam, Sherman, Beastmode, Cliff, Bobby, etc., etc. Almost every last one of them. I'll always perceive them as the greatest Seahawks. Too bad that Earl has me remembering him much differently. The first thing that pops into my head is MALCONTENT. He still had the elite skill set when he was drummed out of the league. It was his volatility that forced him out. His career couldn't even survive a generous second chance. It was his time with the Ravens that left his legacy in tatters.

Last edited:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Diggs doesn't have the equivalent range. Having said that, at least he doesn't seem like the type to flip off the sideline (for the entire world to see) or run to Jerry Jones to plead "Come get me" while in uniform.

ETIII burned my bridge long ago. I love me some Kam, Sherman, Beastmode, Cliff, Bobby, etc., etc. Almost every last one of them. I'll always perceive them as the greatest Seahawks. Too bad that Earl has me remembering him much differently. The first thing that pops into my head is MALCONTENT. He still had the elite skill set when he was drummed out of the league. It was his volatility that forced him out. His career couldn't even survive a generous second chance. It was his time with the Ravens that left his legacy in tatters.
Flipping off the Seahawks sideline after breaking his leg burned the bridge for me. If he could've gotten out of his own head, he might have been able to play another 5 years.

sutz

Reaction score
Earl was great on the field and when things were going well. I think he screwed up when he decided to be his own agent. The business side of the game will sour an attitude pretty quick if you can't keep the emotion out of it. He certainly lost his sense of class at the end. :(

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Yea, the cowboys thing was brutal. Cringe worthy actually - didn't he try to shove his way into their locker room as I recall? Very Kevin Hart of him ;) Although not drunk at the time. And, incidently, that's when Kevin Hart lost me - I was a bit of a fan before that.

Anyhow - more to the original post - I don't watch/have easy access to all22 versions of the games - so I can't really 'watch' him - but I just saw him coming in like a frikken missle on a bunch of plays in the Giants game.

We could REALLY have it worse on defense. Hell, we could have our own week 2 defense! ;)

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Think Diggs is just as happy as us, he's been able to let it loose because the other 10 dudes in front of him are doing what they're supposed to do. Definitely an indicator of a functioning defense!

ETIII might have used his brain as the payload on top of the rocket that he is one too many times. Put on ET tape and watch that guy close, lol, a missile, among some of the most gifted people in the world, he jumps off the screen. Single high instinct burner safety's are rare at this level.

Latest posts