Giants block Kafka from interviewing

vonstout

Reaction score
Not me. I said the same thing but I saw an article a couple of days ago that said the Giants wouldn’t block him if he wanted to leave and hoped we might be able to get him. Too bad that wasn’t true.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I for one like this news. Maybe he is good but I haven’t seen anything out of him. Had the best QB in footbeall in KC then did nothing with nothing but Saquon in NY. I don’t see the love for this guy
Agreed 100 percent. Let's see how he does without arguably the best qb in nfl history excluding Brady. Even this guy could be an offensive coach with Mahomes and look successful.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is a thread where all you can honestly say is, "well OK"

Then shrug.

There was a reason why Dabol took away Kafka's play calling from him last season.

I disagree. The league is really well connected and he’s universally respected as a top offensive mind. There’s a reason Seattle wants him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
OK, everyone has differing views.

Yep exactly and that’s perfectly fine. I admit I’m a little biased after reading Griffs take on him when he dives in to the film stuff.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I for one like this news. Maybe he is good but I haven’t seen anything out of him. Had the best QB in football in KC then did nothing with nothing but Saquon in NY. I don’t see the love for this guy
Agree I have thought the same thing and also coaching with the best offensive and most innovative coach in the league. It seems that more assistants to top coaches flame out vs become successful

The Twelvethman

Reaction score

Shout out to all those repeatedly disagreeing with me when I kept saying he's not going to move laterally even if he wanted to.

You know who you are

Mod Edit: Name calling/Personal Attacks.
Why are you shouting out the people who repeatedly disagreed with you?

How is it you usually put it - "whilst your technically right (the best kind)" up until Frazier was hired as Assistant HC this was still a viable option at OC with a AHC designation. That is what those "all" were disagreeing with you when you said they can't move laterally is it not?

It is only now that option of AHC has gone the Giants are blocking further interest in a lateral move.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah if they didn’t give Frazier assistant HV I think Kafka is the OC with that same title. I think they should go with an experienced guy like Frank Reich but we will see

knownone

Reaction score
I wonder what happened to Frank Smith. Seattle would be a promotion for him, given he doesn't call plays in Miami. His interview must not have gone well or something.

If Seattle really wants Kafka, they could probably find a way to get him. He only has one year left on his contract. So what is Daboll doing? He obviously wants continuity, but he needs to ask himself if having coaches who don't want to be there is in his best interest.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I wonder what happened to Frank Smith. Seattle would be a promotion for him, given he doesn't call plays in Miami. His interview must not have gone well or something.

If Seattle really wants Kafka, they could probably find a way to get him. He only has one year left on his contract. So what is Daboll doing? He obviously wants continuity, but he needs to ask himself if having coaches who don't want to be there is in his best interest.
It would not be a promotion as far as the NFL is concerned. Pretty sure the contract does not stipulate whether the coach calls plays or not. So can’t regulate whether it would be considered a promotion or not

olyfan63

Reaction score

Shout out to all those repeatedly disagreeing with me when I kept saying he's not going to move laterally even if he wanted to.

You know who you are

Mod Edit: Name calling/Personal Attacks.
You were half-right about a substantially different question. And everyone please remember this is board for intelligent discussion; there are other boards that are great for puffing one's chest out and crowing every time you're even partially correct about something. You know who you are.

If the Seahawks were dead-set on Kafka as OC they would have gotten him with the AHC-OC designation. They chose not to do that. The Seahawks decided they valued Leslie Frazier for the AHC designation more than they valued being able to bring Kafka over. That had nothing to do with the Giants.

It's not hard to see why Frazier as AHC was the priority. Frazier was a HC with Minny a few years back, and IIRC, he and Macdonald for sure will help mentor Macdonald with many of the HC details and just allow Mac to focus intensely on getting that Seahawks defense back on track.

We don't know where the Hawks ranked Kafka against Grubb and other candidates; he may not have been their #1. Looks like after the "Trial" interviews for HC, Kafka is now "Sentenced" to another season of being abused and screamed at by narcissistic screaming tyrant man-child Brian Daboll. Daboll's spirit brother Urban Meyer is probably even cracking a smile somewhere.

P.S. So I (along with others) was "right" about Macdonald being the Seahawks #1 target and best choice weeks ago. Big deal. Maelstrom was wrong in his Kafka guess/scenario, others were "wrong" about it being Ben Johnson. Instead of the "correct" Mac predictors rubbing the "wrong" predictors nose in it, everyone here has pretty much just gotten together on celebrating that it looks like the team made an excellent choice in Macdonald for all the right reasons.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Not that I'm a huge fan of Kafka, but truly F the Giants. This whole team control of players and coaches seem a bit like indentured servitude.

Kafka was downgraded in terms of responsibilities by the Gmen and should be eligible to move on if he wished. Seems to me the Giants are playing games.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If this team just went out and got Bobby Boucher, things would get better very fast. Dude is the best tackler since Joe Montana.