Give a SB Ring to any Seahawk, ever...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Charlie whitehurst. If he was any good at all he would have probably been our starting qb and we never would have drafted Russell Wilson and no seahawks would have rings.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Largent, Walt, Tez are all in the Hall of Fame and rightfully so. I think that is more of an accolade. To me, I would rather give it to someone who was great, who couldn't do all that.

Kenny Easley is the man I would give it to. An awesome player whose career was cut short by health issues.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":24xgemv2 said:
Charlie whitehurst. If he was any good at all he would have probably been our starting qb and we never would have drafted Russell Wilson and no seahawks would have rings.

Interesting. With that logic maybe we can ship one to Flynn as well? Only reason we got Russ was via Flynn being on the roster; no one thought we'd draft a QB after his signing. And we all heard how many other teams we're going to take Russ in round 3, quite a few.

Or, maybe even better, Vinnie Testeverde's helmet. That win would've propelled an underrated roster into the playoffs and may've saved the Everett Drunkard's HC job.

XOXO

Kelvin Martin

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
In no particular order...

Big Walt
Largent
Tez
Easley
Dave Brown
Jacob Green

Sorry I couldn't name just one.

olyfan63

Reaction score
1) My choice: Mudbone
2) 1st Alternate: Easley
3) Honorable mention: Jacob Green
4) Position group: The 1984 Secondary that had a ton of picks and set a bunch of NFL records, like returning 4 INT's for TDs against the Chiefs. Kenny Easley was part of that group with 10 picks.

Krieg did more with less physical talent that almost any player ever. And when he was "on", he was a blast to watch. I always think about that game vs. SD in SD against Air Coryell, where we got down 10-0 in the 1st quarter, and then Krieg took over, out-Airing Dan Fouts and Air Coryell, and we win 40-something to 20-something, with "Ground Chuck" Knox presiding over this aerial assault.

Of course, I found a blogger's writeup of that very game! Courtesy of http://davekriegsstrikebeard.blogspot.c ... attle.html
"The Hawks won another road game in Week 2 at San Diego. Dave Krieg and Dan Fouts got into a classic 80s shootout, with Fouts torching Seattle for 440 yards and four TDs. Mudbone might have "only" thrown for 307 yards that day, but five of his completions were TDs. Steve Largent had one of those scores, but Daryl Turner got the other four to pace Seattle to a 49-35 win at Jack Murphy Stadium."

Scottemojo

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3af2q0r3 said:
Kenny Easley.

He was the best safety in the league (Ronnie Lott says so), and due to the brevity of his career, he's not even going to sniff the HoF. A SB ring to honor his time with the team would be a nice consolation.
ditto.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":1p3bf9ep said:
1) My choice: Mudbone
2) 1st Alternate: Easley

Krieg did more with less physical talent that almost any player ever. And when he was "on", he was a blast to watch. I always think about that game vs. SD in SD against Air Coryell, where we got down 10-0 in the 1st quarter, and then Krieg took over, out-Airing Dan Fouts and Air Coryell, and we win 40-something to 20-something, with "Ground Chuck" Knox presiding over this aerial assault.

I saw alot of "Really?" tweets when NFL Countdown showed top 10 passing TD lists, and Mudbone was repping at #7.

Krieg would've begged for the pass protection of the current Hawks. It would've been a godsend.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2flx9aa6 said:
Hass.

I'd give him that SB MVP he was going to have too that was also stolen.
Hass...a SB MVP? I don't think so. I shouldn't be surprised given your chosen forum handle, but that's just slightly over the top. Does it dig at you to know that the QB you bashed incessantly in 2012 has a ring, and your man crush doesn't?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3srw0hhn said:
Hasselbeck":3srw0hhn said:
Hass.

Hass...a SB MVP? I don't think so. I shouldn't be surprised given your chosen forum handle, but that's just slightly over the top. Does it dig at you to know that the QB you bashed incessantly in 2012 has a ring, and your man crush doesn't?

Really man? Hass is a great member, he adds alot of logic and reason. Be better.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":53ha0xm0 said:
Hasselbeck":53ha0xm0 said:
Hass.

I don't know why you're being hostile. If we had won XL* the way that game went Hass would have been MVP with very little doubt.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
OkieHawk":2m7oq2x4 said:
Going away from the rest of you and saying Mack Strong.

I thought about saying Mack too, but when I look at that mid 2000's team, if I have to pick one guy I just can't take it away from Hass.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":322gw4ng said:

?

Latest posts