Give your good thoughts and prayers to Radish and wifeREPLY

tdlabrie

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about the surgery, but VERY happy the tumor was non-malignant. Take good care of her Les.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Praying for you and your wife, Les! I hope and pray that everything went well and that she has a speedy recovery!

cdallan

Reaction score
All my best wishes to both of you Les. We'll understand if you take care of your wife rather than us for a while.

The Radish

Reaction score
Well the wife is in ICU, the Seattle kids & the Sheridan, Wy. kid are all on their way home probably to return off and on in the next few weeks. So the house is again quiet. Was very glad to have them all here to help during a tough time. But in a way kind of nice to have the house back to myself again.

I hadn't mentioned this much except to the moderator staff but I see Johnny Mac (Hawkboi) one of my favorite people let you all know. All the replys are very humbling and for some reason my eyes seem to be wet. Thank you all very much.

Tell you the story. Wife had been having problems with her eyes after cataract surgery back in January and finally I said enough lets see the optomitrist and let him know what is going on with your double vision.

He said she had some intercrainial pressure and suggested a neurologist. She was scheduled for a physical the next day anyway and after telling the doctor what was going on he scheduled an MRI the next day at 7:30 am. (This after she nailed a post with the drivers side outside mirror and tore it clear off the car. lol). That was tuesday. Got back from the MRI wednesday and the doctor was on the phone telling her to call a neuralsurgeon. Called him and he said they wanted us to come in, she asked when and they said RIGHT NOW!

Waited 4 hours to see him, he showed us pictures of a tumor larger than a silver dollar behind/above her right eye. Told her they were admitting her right then, do some pre op work the next day and operate friday. Stunned silence greeting all that. He assured us it would be non cancerous as it wasn't attached to the brain by anything but blood vessels.

Friday afternoon they went in, took it out, said he thought he got it all and put on a respirator for the weekend and perhaps monday or tuesday start a serious period of double physical therapary especially targeting hand/eye coordination as her brain swelling goes down and moves back into the area it belonged.

I'm hoping this means I can have the new outside mirrors installed I ordered early last week. lol

So we are looking at an unknown period of rehab and testing. I thank the Lord that even tho its a lot for us its nothing to what Chris and his wife went through.

Again thank you all for your comments, thoughts. We are both beholden to you.

Les

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Les, I am glad to hear your wife is on her way to recovery. If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask.

chris98251

Reaction score
Great news Les, the power of prayer and support is with you and Darlene, one day at a time and the mirrors, well I'm sure she will appreciate them once she is back in the Drivers Seat and I'm not just talking about the Buick :)

drdiags

Reaction score
Great to hear Les. Glad to know that things are looking positive right now. Here's to a speedy recovery for your wife. :th2thumbs:

Take care my friend.

The Radish

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that morgulon1 made a trip from the valley to spend an hour or with us in the surgical waiting room.

Thanks Eric...

:th2thumbs: