GMF Can Bite Me

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
It’s cool man. We don’t need other teams to raid our good free agents when the final roster is out.

We will sign them to the practice squad and futures contracts.

No need to give other teams more chances to see our good players.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
So if you're the producers of a national morning NFL football show, not sure how you think showing some sweet Drew Lock, Mike Morris and some undrafted WR named Bobo highlights are the way to enrapture the nation.

Lots of good national stories in camp. Aaron Rodgers, all the new sexy rookie QB's, the ever present ubiquitous mandatory Cowboys, etc.

No Hawk starters against no Viking starters? Eh, not so much.

BASF

Reaction score
I envy people who can have super strong emotions about our backups not getting enough love in a boring and meaningless pre-season game where the highlight was our 3rd string QB who nobody knew existed threw an air balloon that was somehow caught for a TD.

I shall save my disgust and outrage for the regular season thank you very much.
I agree with you, but I think you are selling the Lock to Winston touchdown short since you think it wasn't a highlight. Lock did a great job looking off to the left to clear out the middle of defenders, sets his feet with the quick turn to the middle and throws a bullet to Winston where only he could catch it. It was a very good play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree with you, but I think you are selling the Lock to Winston touchdown short since you think it wasn't a highlight. Lock did a great job looking off to the left to clear out the middle of defenders, sets his feet with the quick turn to the middle and throws a bullet to Winston where only he could catch it. It was a very good play.

What percentage of NFL fans outside of the greater Seattle area do you think would be interested in a backup QB making a good throw to a practice squad WR.

My guess is somewhere around less than 0%.

If something crazy happens during one of our pre-season games, the national shows will probably show the highlight. Not sure what you guys are asking for. There was nothing sexy about the game, even for most Hawk or Vikings fans. Let along a fluff piece national morning show.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I envy people who can have super strong emotions about our backups not getting enough love in a boring and meaningless pre-season game where the highlight was our 3rd string QB who nobody knew existed threw an air balloon that was somehow caught for a TD.

I shall save my disgust and outrage for the regular season thank you very much.

Meh. I get it's a preseason game but a national show that devotes itself to nothing but NFL finally gets a couple games to highlight over and the Seahawks get zero highlights in a 3 hour span?? That's not butthurt fan-ism, that's just poor execution of a product.

Period.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Meh. I get it's a preseason game but a national show that devotes itself to nothing but NFL finally gets a couple games to highlight over and the Seahawks get zero highlights in a 3 hour span?? That's not butthurt fan-ism, that's just poor execution of a product.

Period.

It's a morning roundtable talk show, it's not Sportcenter that shows most of the game highlights. Even that's going the way of the DoDo because no one turns on Sportscenter to watch highlights anymore, we all have everything we need on our phones and tablets now.

Sports roundtable talk shows are only interested in what they think they're national audience is interested in. How is Aaron Rodgers doing in NY, how did Russell Wilson look in his 1st pre-season game under Payton. How did all the new rookie QB's do.

Ain't no one, and I mean NO ONE interested in Drew Lock and Nick Mullen highlights.....that's all I'm saying.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yes, I totally get that. I watch the show more than I care to admit. However, and I stand by this, if you are an NFL show and there is 3 hours you broadcast daily, you absolutely owe it to your audience to show full highlights, ESPECIALLY if you only have 2 games to show in that 3 hour broadcast. Anything less is inexcusable. Lock or Mullen aside.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Oh yes, I totally get that. I watch the show more than I care to admit. However, and I stand by this, if you are an NFL show and there is 3 hours you broadcast daily, you absolutely owe it to your audience to show full highlights, ESPECIALLY if you only have 2 games to show in that 3 hour broadcast. Anything less is inexcusable. Lock or Mullen aside.

Like I said, these aren't highlight shows. They're personality and content directed shows with talking heads arguing over hot topics like the NFL's version of The View.

So if you want real highlights, keep it local. Cause there's nothing interesting on the national level about last weeks Seahawk pre-season game.

If your expectations are higher, you need to lower them.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I get what you are saying and I agree. Problem is, it doesn't make it right. They can blather on for 2.5 hours, just allot 30 minutes for real highlights dummies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah I get what you are saying and I agree. Problem is, it doesn't make it right. They can blather on for 2.5 hours, just allot 30 minutes for real highlights dummies.

I don't watch any of these shows for just this reason, it's just a bunch of windbags yelling at each other with very little actual content or highlights.

Sure I'll check out a couple Twitter videos when they're saying nice things about the Hawks. But ESPN and Fox are dead to me unless it's an actual sports game.

But it must work and have decent ratings, or else there wouldn't be 47 of these on a week.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Clearly they heard my bitching…

😝

IMG 3781

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Good Morning Football is a distraction from every day doldrums. It’s NFL, National show, NFL Network, daily fix, yadda yadda.

Today I looked forward to them at least going through the highlights of last night’s game and lo and behold, why am I not surprised but even with only TWO preseason games to offer highlight segments in a 3 HOUR broadcast, they don’t show even ONE touchdown by the Seahawks.

They made sure to show the Vikings lone TD and once that was over they cut to the final score and stats graphic.

Look, I get it. We can be whiny and bitchy about our perceived slights by the National media. Even I have rolled my eyes and cringed at some of the fan’s outrage over the years. But come on man. You can’t show one single Seahawks touchdown highlight in 3 hours?

Apparently it’s more important to discuss the history of cliches.

Do better.
While I’ll tend to agree, there is one way to make them respect you, WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING! That’s the beauty of XLVIII. Won it, and won it in a blowout by dominating in every phase of the game,

Refs handed you the game, NOPE!
You got lucky, NOPE!
The opponents offense was weak, NOPE (see worlds best offense).