Peacock Can Bite Me

hugecanoli

Reaction score
They can all go scratch. Let them know by not taking out your wallet.

Plus the amount of commercials are INSANE!! I don't watch much TV except for live sports so they got me by the balls. I want to watch my teams live and have to deal with the commercials....they know this. But it has gotten to the point where its 80% commercial and 20% gameplay. I LOATHE all of these damn commercials.

Like the public isn't smart enough to realize if all these damn insurance companies have all this extra monty for jamming constant commercials down your throat, we are all overpaying greatly for their services????

Cyrus12

Reaction score

Plus the amount of commercials are INSANE!! I don't watch much TV except for live sports so they got me by the balls. I want to watch my teams live and have to deal with the commercials....they know this. But it has gotten to the point where its 80% commercial and 20% gameplay. I LOATHE all of these damn commercials.

Like the public isn't smart enough to realize if all these damn insurance companies have all this extra monty for jamming constant commercials down your throat, we are all overpaying greatly for their services????
I'm tired of the Mr Pfizer commercials as well....

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Eventually each individual game will have its own streaming service we will have to pay for. I’m opting out now. My 6 acres on the Olympic peninsula is free

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I read that you guys can get DAZN south of the border.

I gotta say, it's all I watch - they have every single game, and RedZone (I'll have to double check the game you're talking about - but they haven't failed to carry a single game - including TNF). They had an absolute disastrous first year launch. It was BAAAAAAAD. Like Real Bad.

But now, you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. Plus, it's got a bunch of other stuff - I've been meaning to check out the boxing and shit that they have (if I had time). And, you can pause the billing after football season, for a set period of months, so you just have to pay for the months that you want.

Just my experience - you guys all seem to have problems getting some games and coverage.....

NFL Game Pass is now on DAZN. I have it here in Brazil. I was migrated over from the previous NFL Game Pass platform. I've been subscribing to NFL Game Pass since 2018. It used to cost me a hundred bucks a year, I think ($99), but it actually went down this season (July of '23 is when the renewal happened). They charged me some amount in Brazilian currency that ended up coming out to $83 or something.

I have access to any and every NFL game with no blackout restrictions. I think in some other countries, like the U.K. and Ireland, there are some restrictions. As long as I start watching while the game is still actually going on, even if I were to choose "watch from the beginning" instead of "watch live," I see the games with the national (network) TV commercials. The old NFL Game Pass used to give me a lot of the local commercials from some specific market in each game too, but DAZN doesn't show those. It may sound weird, but I love having the commercials in the games, and I miss the local commercials. Having the commercials from the U.S. on the games makes it feel like I'm in the U.S., and more specifically, like I'm in my mom's TV room watching the game with her.

After a given game is over in the real world, I can watch it three different ways: the whole game without commercials, a 40-minute condensed version, or a five-to-ten-minute video of the highlights from the game.

They have a library of games that includes every regular-season and playoff game going back to the 2012 season, plus something every Super Bowl. I just put on the NFL Films summary (about 22 minutes long) of Super Bowl V. But it looks like their video of Super Bowl 11, for example, is the whole game without commercials.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
NFL Game Pass is now on DAZN. I have it here in Brazil. I was migrated over from the previous NFL Game Pass platform. I've been subscribing to NFL Game Pass since 2018. It used to cost me a hundred bucks a year, I think ($99), but it actually went down this season (July of '23 is when the renewal happened). They charged me some amount in Brazilian currency that ended up coming out to $83 or something.

I have access to any and every NFL game with no blackout restrictions. I think in some other countries, like the U.K. and Ireland, there are some restrictions. As long as I start watching while the game is still actually going on, even if I were to choose "watch from the beginning" instead of "watch live," I see the games with the national (network) TV commercials. The old NFL Game Pass used to give me a lot of the local commercials from some specific market in each game too, but DAZN doesn't show those. It may sound weird, but I love having the commercials in the games, and I miss the local commercials. Having the commercials from the U.S. on the games makes it feel like I'm in the U.S., and more specifically, like I'm in my mom's TV room watching the game with her.

After a given game is over in the real world, I can watch it three different ways: the whole game without commercials, a 40-minute condensed version, or a five-to-ten-minute video of the highlights from the game.

They have a library of games that includes every regular-season and playoff game going back to the 2012 season, plus something every Super Bowl. I just put on the NFL Films summary (about 22 minutes long) of Super Bowl V. But it looks like their video of Super Bowl 11, for example, is the whole game without commercials.
I'm officially checking that shit out.

Thanks for posting!

Torc

Reaction score
I picked up peacock during the black friday sale, so I have it for a year for $1.99 a month.

We watch over the air, but on any given day may have a hard time bringing in the fox station. We got NFL+ for the season, which I consider a decent backup option if the antenna isn't cutting it. Just means the wife and I have to snuggle up to watch on my ipad. There are worse fates. :p You can't watch the live games on NFL+ on your TV though, just on a tablet/phone. You can watch the 45 minute version that evening on your TV.

I find it somewhat amusing that a few years ago we were all wanting ala carte cable instead of getting 9000 channels you don't watch. That's basically what we got and now we're all complaining that we have to subscribe to so many services to get what we want. I'm not sure who won.

On a related note - the Paramount app lets you watch the local CBS broadcast live. The Peacock app lets you watch live sports that NBC is broadcasting. I'm pretty sure ABC wants to push you towards Hulu. But where is the Fox streaming app? If I had that I'd happily subscribe and ditch the antenna since the Seahawks are the only thing we'd use it for.

Does anyone else's lineup look like this:
Netflix
Paramount
Peacock
Disney/Hulu/ESPN+
Discovery
Apple TV (on a 3 month trial for buying an iphone, don't plan to keep it)
NFL+
Amazon Prime (which I'd be subscribing to for the shipping benefits anyway)

I keep suggesting that we ought to pick a couple to keep and rotate some others through but the wife likes her cooking and DIY shows. We add Hallmark during christmas season though. :)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Dumped spectrum and went with YouTubeTV and I’ll drop it once the season is over. Love it this year
I have Spectrum internet and will not pay for their streaming service because it’s a sham. I have high speed internet and stream with my Roku. I also don’t need Peacock to watch sports when I have the YouTube TV sports package that I share with two other family members. I pay 25$ a month for that and 35$ for Spectrum because I qualify for the low income perk. The biggest expense is actually paying for streaming apps. HBO max, Paramount plus, Netflix, Prime and Hulu. I get Disney + for free on my son’s account.
I must say that Amazon prime is a must for free shipping and shopping for necessities like my vitamins, etc. The TV stuff is just a perk that comes with it.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I paid big $ to get Sunday ticket this year. It's becoming less valuable as so many games are now broadcast on other subscriber only networks. The peacock thing is complete bullshit.

Threedee

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Peacock sucks less as a subscription service than when it was free? Because, it really sucked.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Peacock is bogarting the late wildcard game next Saturday night. In other words, if you want to watch that playoff game (whomever the teams are), you have to pay for their streaming service.

Enough is enough.

I am up to my ears in streaming services and I am not about to pay them to watch a game. Even if it is just the monthly fee you can immediately cancel.

NFL, knock it off! Keep the main players (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and ESPN) and quit signing contracts with these peripheral streaming companies! It’s bad enough TNF is only available on Prime (I would have boycott that too but I already had the service for movies and shows), now you are adding Peacock to the mix?

They can kiss my butt. I’ll simply watch the game on NFL Network on the replay hours later.
Come on man.

Why be mad at Peacock?

Be mad at the NFL that’s selling to the highest bidder no matter who it alienates.
I understand that you mentioned the NFL but your disdain for peacock or other streamers is misguided.
Place the blame completely where it belongs, and that’s the money grabbing NFL.

knownone

Reaction score
We're about five-to-ten years from bundling multiple providers into one service. So once this awkward transition period is over, things will be virtually identical to what cable was a decade ago. It's going to be awful.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You can either pi$$ and moan about it and live your life mad at the world, or for the price of a craft beer in an airport lounge, go with the flow and enjoy the games. I'll choose the latter.

Oh please. I can do without the passive aggressive character assassinations of being some cantankerous old man out of touch with the new world, unwilling to pay the price of “a craft beer in an airport lounge”.

If that’s what you’ve reduced me to you’ve completely missed the mark, let alone being condescending as hell. It’s about principle, dude. It has nothing to do with me being unable to fork out the 5 lousy bucks.

Besides, it’s the Dolphins at Chiefs. Even an easier decision to wait for the replay.

Get off your high horse once in a while.

flv2

Reaction score
I imagine that if a peacock were to bite you, it would hurt pretty bad... Or at least be annoying.
Not in my experience, but then I wasn't exactly bitten. There's a nature reserve not far from me and they sell bags of seed to tourists. The peacocks there are happy to eat seed out of the hands of strangers.

flv2

Reaction score

There are worse things than commercials. If you watch the game on topstreams dot info, (which is/was reddit's HQ game pass hack), they block most of the adverts and play the same electronic tune over and over. It's worse than adverts.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Oh please. I can do without the passive aggressive character assassinations of being some cantankerous old man out of touch with the new world, unwilling to pay the price of “a craft beer in an airport lounge”.

If that’s what you’ve reduced me to you’ve completely missed the mark, let alone being condescending as hell. It’s about principle, dude. It has nothing to do with me being unable to fork out the 5 lousy bucks.

Besides, it’s the Dolphins at Chiefs. Even an easier decision to wait for the replay.

Get off your high horse once in a while.
I apologize for the way you took those remarks as being directed at you specifically. I was expressing my own philosophy, and probably should have used a little different verbiage.

IMO, we have to look at the overall cost of pursuing our hobbies, and from my perspective, even if I pay a relatively nominal monthly fee of $4.99 of which I can cancel anytime, it still doesn't exceed the total cost of my monthly cable TV bill that I had last year at this time before I started looking at streaming service as I've done these past few months.

And also from my perspective, Dolphins-Chiefs looks to be a great game, and I don't want to re-watch it knowing in advance what the outcome is, and I don't want to stick my head in the sand until I've watched the pre-recorded game. I'd gladly pay $4.99 for that privilege.

Better?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
much like the NBA the NFL is working its way out of my life. Once I cut you off, you are dead to me. The product on the field is worse than ever before with awful officiating and the pussifiication of the game. I'm not going to participate in a pay per view model. I will actively urge my friends and acquaintances to do the same.

Torc

Reaction score
Come on man.

Why be mad at Peacock?

Be mad at the NFL that’s selling to the highest bidder no matter who it alienates.
I understand that you mentioned the NFL but your disdain for peacock or other streamers is misguided.
Place the blame completely where it belongs, and that’s the money grabbing NFL.
Totally this.

The only thing that makes sense to me, as a fan, is the NFL selling me a season long pass to stream my favorite team in the same app, every week. I don't want to figure out which network it's on, and whether I subscribe to that network, or try to fiddle with my antenna until Fox finally comes in clearly. I paid $89 for the season for NFL+, which is only on a mobile device. I'd happily drop a seasonal $100 or so to get every Seahawks game, live, on my TV. Maybe a bit more.

I'd say the NFL is totally missing the mark......but those billions from the various networks speak louder than money directly from the fans I guess.