Reaction score
How bout Old man Tom Coughlin. "Get a personal foul - That's a paddlin."

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":2a0f95iy said:
Sports Hernia":2a0f95iy said:
rlkats":2a0f95iy said:
minormillikin":2a0f95iy said:
9ers going to Super Bowl. Wicked amazing.

Easy boss. They won. But there are way better teams.
You're a realistic Niner fan. I bet half the webzone is chanting "quest for six" as I type this.

I think I am optimistic at 8-8. We know the Niners still have some deficiencies but I like what they are doing in the trenches.

I really wouldn't get too excited over how good your team is based on this game.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
RedAlice":2q1ii08d said:
Sourdough #49":2q1ii08d said:
I think I am optimistic at 8-8. We know the Niners still have some deficiencies but I like what they are doing in the trenches.

I really wouldn't get too excited over how good your team is based on this game.

I expect the range to be between 6-10 and 8-8. Why should I not be happy with the Niners O-line? Do the Rams not have one of the best front 7 in NFL? I am not screaming Superbowl. There were no delay of games for my Niners, and they were able to score touchdowns instead of just field goals. Hyde made through the game without a concussion and only 1 penalty. A stark difference for my Niners than in the past few seasons. I temper my expectations and I don't have a short memory. 49ers looked good against the Vikings last year too.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":1bbo5glp said:
RedAlice":1bbo5glp said:
Sourdough #49":1bbo5glp said:

I expect the range to be between 6-10 and 8-8. Why should I not be happy with the Niners O-line? Do the Rams not have one of the best front 7 in NFL? I am not screaming Superbowl. There were no delay of games for my Niners, and they were able to score touchdowns instead of just field goals. Hyde made through the game without a concussion and only 1 penalty. A stark difference for my Niners than in the past few seasons. I temper my expectations and I don't have a short memory. 49ers looked good against the Vikings last year too.

Ok, you can think what you want. I'm just saying I wouldn't judge much based on this game.

You can decide based on how your games go against teams who play like NFL teams.

I think your local high school team woulda done same v this Rams team tonight.

rcaido

Reaction score
Rams just needed one more week to prepare for the Seahawks...

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":tfbbynvk said:
Jeez the 9ers look like world beaters playing the Rams. Can't figure out why we struggle so bad with them.
It's how it's always been. It's very rare for the Rams to beat the 49ers in San Francisco (especially at night). For like the last 30 years.

Sports Hernia":tfbbynvk said:
Are Donald and Quinn even playing tonight?
Yes but Donald is getting double and triple teamed and Trenton Brown, most underrated tackle in the NFL (except by Von Miller who said he is pretty good), is turning Quinn into a ghost.

drrew":tfbbynvk said:
Rams offense is shockingly bad. Keenum just isn't an NFL caliber QB.
This. But don't underestimate the 49ers defensive line. They are better than last year.

Smellyman":tfbbynvk said:
drrew":tfbbynvk said:
Rams offense is shockingly bad. Keenum just isn't an NFL caliber QB.

Gabbert is a capable backup. Not a starter either.

I'd roll the dice with Kaepernicks athleticism in this O

Yes Gabbert has played rather poorly at times, but he's managed the game decently. I give him a C.

The Niners looked like world beaters last year by curbstomping the VIkes 20-3 to open the season last year as well. Niner trolls telling everyone "they are back, look out!"......
Still only had 5 wins total. A first week anything can happen game.

Just hope the Rams roll over and play dead for Seattle next week as they did for SC this week.

(a) The 49ers always play well on Monday night at home, especially openers (I was telling Red Alice this in the old Survivor thread about why I picked them for this week).

(b) But this 49ers team is better than last year's. They are better on both lines, and that's going to count for about two more wins. They'll finish better than 5-11. Maybe even 7-9.

Smellyman":tfbbynvk said:
Meh. Yes HE IS biased. He loves the 9ers and there is no way he can't be biased.

He is doing fine though.
The thing I like about Steve Young, homerism aside (mine and his), is that he breaks down technical details of the game that a lot of other guys do not.

rlkats":tfbbynvk said:
I will say as a Niner fan. It's fun to watch competent coaching. But in Nooooo Way in Hell do they stand a chance against the premier teams in the NFL.

Nice win though.
THIS. My god this is night and day compared to Ron Jeremy.

JSeahawks":tfbbynvk said:
253hawk":tfbbynvk said:
Kap in to take the final knee...

Taking a knee is all he's known for these days.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLololololool

rlkats":tfbbynvk said:
minormillikin":tfbbynvk said:
9ers going to Super Bowl. Wicked amazing.

Easy boss. They won. But there are way better teams.
You're a realistic Niner fan. I bet half the webzone is chanting "quest for six" as I type this.
I'm just satisfied with the confidence that the team will not be drafting first. I've known they were better since training camp, because I follow them. It's enough to smirk smugly when the team finishes 6-10 or 7-9 when everyone thought they were going 3-13. They won't. Mark my words they'll win more than 3 games and they won't be picking first in the draft unless they trade up.

RedAlice":tfbbynvk said:
Sourdough #49":tfbbynvk said:
RedAlice":tfbbynvk said:
Sourdough #49":tfbbynvk said:

Ok, you can think what you want. I'm just saying I wouldn't judge much based on this game.

You can decide based on how your games go against teams who play like NFL teams.

I think your local high school team woulda done same v this Rams team tonight.

The Rams OFFENSE was terrible. The defense was not that bad. BUT, as for the 49ers, the line play on both sides was better than last year's team... and last year's games against the Rams.

Where was Robert Quinn? Trent Brown had him one on one most of the game. Some of these guys are very big unknowns, but they are better than people think. At 6'8 and over 350 lbs, Brown is a monster. But Von Miller practiced against him in the off season, and Miller said that Brown was way better than people thought.

This is my point. Yes, the Rams offense was god awful. But when it comes to the lines, Staley-Beadles-Killgore-Tiller-Brown is way better than last year's line up of Staley-Jordan Devy- Marcus Martin-Tiller-Eric Pears.

Same thing with the defensive line. The addition of Buckner and the underrated Ronald Blair, along with Armstead getting more time, is an improvement.

So no, the 49ers aren't all that great just because they beat a Rams team that had an offense about as good as LAST year's 49ers offense, but just based on roster additions along the line they are definitely improved.

xgeoff

Reaction score
HawkGA":7u6phzxy said:
I feel like the 9ers went from hated rival to mildly sympathetic losers in only a few short seasons.

It was hard not to be sympathetic when they had Tomfoola.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":49a4b1n9 said:
RedAlice":49a4b1n9 said:
Sourdough #49":49a4b1n9 said:

I actually thought the Niners O-line looked fantastic in the first half, but gradually gave way in the second half and the Rams defense seemed regain the advantage on the LOS. Still, you guys managed two scores in the second half despite that.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
xgeoff":1zfq54x8 said:
Sourdough #49":1zfq54x8 said:
RedAlice":1zfq54x8 said:
Sourdough #49":1zfq54x8 said:

I actually thought the Niners O-line looked fantastic in the first half, but gradually gave way in the second half and the Rams defense seemed regain the advantage on the LOS. Still, you guys managed two scores in the second half despite that.

I wonder how much of that was the Rams stacking the box and Martin going in for Tiller.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":21h1opiq said:
xgeoff":21h1opiq said:

I wonder how much of that was the Rams stacking the box and Martin going in for Tiller.

I couldn't say. But I would have used the same gameplan against both of these teams:

--Stack the box to shutdown the running game
--Force the QB to beat you

Gurley and Hyde are both good, but nobody is going anywhere without blocking.

So maybe you're right. Maybe the Rams figured that if they were going to have a chance then they needed to take Hyde out of the game and make Gabbert beat them.