Go after Derrick Henry or Melvin Gordon?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2vpgwbfp said:
2021 draft will be huge for RB. Hawks will NOT pay a FA RB.

I'm thinking this. We still have Carson/Penny for 2020. Homer is demonstrating solid depth. Really seems we'd be more in the market for a 4th string RB, which neither of these two are.

Although I really do like Edwards-Helaire in this draft. If we took him day 2, I'd love the pick. He has the size profile and is the kind of runner that would fit what we like. I actually love his squat center of gravity coupled with extremely quick and nimble feet. Even despite the talent pool expected next year -- it would be a sound example of drafting for medium term need (1-2 years ahead). And not having to spend a 1st round pick to do it.

If Seattle doesn't resign either of these backs -- then we're going to be in the market in 2021 and 2022. So addressing the future need this draft if talent and fit is available is not a poor option. The way I see it, we are in the market for one or two backs in between 2020 and 2022. If the draft comes to you in any of those years at the position, one could feel free to take one.

Largent80

Reaction score
Edwards-Helaire is awesome and I would LOVE if they got him. But my thought is were good here for another year. AND, next year is the RB draft just like 2 years ago.

Whether the next year, and draft RB in 2021.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AgentDib":112mfvyx said:
The more interesting possibility to me is Austin Ekeler, Melvin Gordon's backup who is also a FA. He's a small back with really good speed and hands who reminds me a lot of Leon Washington.
I like this thought and guessing he MIGHT be had for a reasonable price. We need one more RB since Prosise won't be back and Penny won't likely be ready for game one. However, my guess is we'll draft a guy mid to later round and expand Homer's role.