Golden State Warriors

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":eai7fo6q said:
Golden State is going to win the series. And they will school Cleveland as usual. God loves the the West Coast (he's an asshole like that) and it's the reason the East Coast is always trying to change the rules to their advantage. Yes, anything east of St. Louis sucks, deal with it. And it's practically impossible to suck worse then Missouri or the Midwest. The reason it doesn't? We have the most real and actually nice people here.

7b9a5e6ccf8531bd2be31cb49a4cc658e9fae93a71cf8330b5

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36qosubq said:
I'm not an NBA fan at all, but I want the zombie sonics to lose and be done. .....and Durant to leave via FA ASAP, so Clay Clay's team goes into permanent suck mode.

If they lose Game 7 as many would expect, I can't see KD leaving now. To come this close to the Finals and be a big reason why you couldn't close out the Warriors .. I just don't think Durant is the type of player to do that.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think how close they've played Golden State is going to keep both KD and Westbrook in OKC for awhile (or at least until 2017).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":11x4hb8a said:
Hawk-Lock":11x4hb8a said:
IndyHawk":11x4hb8a said:
Hawk-Lock":11x4hb8a said:
I've made a nice chunk of money betting this series. I've been correct on every game except for game 1. OKC finishes them off in game 6, it's over for the Warriors.

OKC is blowing them out at home, whereas the Warriors barely put them away in game 5. Even though they won by 9, it was much closer than the score. Only way GS wins game 6 is if Curry and Klay go nuts, they'd probably have to combine for close to 70 points. Or if OKC completely chokes which I guess is possible. But either way, it doesn't look good for GS. As a GS fan, I don't see how you can feel confident after game 5.
You know it's over so who are you putting a pile of cash on to win all?I think this is the Cavs year.

It ends tonight. Got $375 to win $300 on Thunder ML -125. A OKC/CLE finals would be almost a toss-up. Cavs will be slightly favored due to homecourt advantage. I'm hearing that syndicates (heavy gamblers) will be on OKC if they do in fact meet.

And just to set the record straight, I'm still down in betting the last month or so thanks to MLB. This series has bailed me out, but still not even back to even :cry:

Well now you must be really down on betting.

Steph and Klay just enjoy kicking you in the nuts apparently, lol.

Yep pretty much. Klay and Curry just kicked me in the nuts over and over. While it hurts, knowing that my zombie Sonics won't make the finals does help me sleep at night.

nategreat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":4ri94a1t said:
Sports Hernia":4ri94a1t said:
I'm not an NBA fan at all, but I want the zombie sonics to lose and be done. .....and Durant to leave via FA ASAP, so Clay Clay's team goes into permanent suck mode.

If they lose Game 7 as many would expect, I can't see KD leaving now. To come this close to the Finals and be a big reason why you couldn't close out the Warriors .. I just don't think Durant is the type of player to do that.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think how close they've played Golden State is going to keep both KD and Westbrook in OKC for awhile (or at least until 2017).

I think it does the opposite to be honest, and I'm lovin every minute of it

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nategreat":10lsvu13 said:
Hasselbeck":10lsvu13 said:
Sports Hernia":10lsvu13 said:

Me too, but then again I'm super biased in my hate for the OKC franchise, their ownership, and the NBA in general.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I will say KD played lazy at times last night, no excuse for that when you're trying to close a team out. Bravo though, I knew he loved us in Seattle.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16f5aamg said:
nategreat":16f5aamg said:
Hasselbeck":16f5aamg said:
Sports Hernia":16f5aamg said:

Me too, but then again I'm super biased in my hate for the OKC franchise, their ownership, and the NBA in general.
You aren't alone. For me it's all the better it will Golden State that puts that city, owner and the team in the toilet and possibly wakes up the NBA to reality. Durant was supposed to be a Sonic not some player in a city that's totally irrelevant.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1uvq3kkc said:
MizzouHawkGal":1uvq3kkc said:
Golden State is going to win the series. And they will school Cleveland as usual. God loves the the West Coast (he's an asshole like that) and it's the reason the East Coast is always trying to change the rules to their advantage. Yes, anything east of St. Louis sucks, deal with it. And it's practically impossible to suck worse then Missouri or the Midwest. The reason it doesn't? We have the most real and actually nice people here.

7b9a5e6ccf8531bd2be31cb49a4cc658e9fae93a71cf8330b5
I meant to say the only reason this section of the country isn't literally hell on earth is the people. They are the most real and nice people you could ever hope to meet. But it doesn't change the fact Missouri sucks and the further east you go it sucks worse except for the people in Delaware and Maine. It'd be all good with me if Kansas and Missouri got hit by a huge meteor. I'd just make sure I'd be on vacation back with my family and figure out some other plan to start over with not a hint of bitterness.

Until that happens I'll just stay right here and make big money and live fine because the cost of living here is cheap. Really cheap. Like Seattle, Kansas City is a big technology job spot and a much bigger medical job spot which is the field I'm in. And more companies are coming because of the low cost of living.

And yes Golden State is going to make history and beat Oklahoma City and Cleveland. It's not that hard to figure out. The deal is Steph Curry does the one thing that everyone else has forgotten how to do. Actually be able to shoot the basketball like anyone could do 40 years ago with the exception of Larry Bird and Reggie Williams in later years.

The man has a talent that used to a common one before everyone cared about being Julius Erving and not Bill Cousy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3esfzn49 said:
Durant will sign with the Blazers, along with Whiteside.
Totally fitting. I might even watch the NBA again once in awhile if that happened. Though I do know this, if OKC loses Durant and Westbrook are gone in FA. And I will be laughing my butt off. It's all about what goes around comes around and it's coming around with a bullet.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think even if GS pulls this off they won't have enough juice left. If you seen how well there Cavs have played thus far, they're on a mission. I swear to god they took two off vs Toronto, there's no way a team dominates the first two games like that and then loses the next two without that.

The thing about this OKC series is OKC gave the formula, play big and be physical, don't try and match their quickness, stymie it, I think Cleveland can do that.

nategreat

Reaction score
Throwdown":3v6j5nxc said:
I think even if GS pulls this off they won't have enough juice left. If you seen how well there Cavs have played thus far, they're on a mission. I swear to god they took two off vs Toronto, there's no way a team dominates the first two games like that and then loses the next two without that.

The thing about this OKC series is OKC gave the formula, play big and be physical, don't try and match their quickness, stymie it, I think Cleveland can do that.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure there are many who agree: I could not care any less how Golden State does beyond this series. I'm rooting against OKC, not for anyone in particular. Though I admit, this series has given me a new found respect for Golden State. I don't dislike them.

Maulbert

Reaction score
nategreat":jpj0w9gu said:
Throwdown":jpj0w9gu said:

I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure there are many who agree: I could not care any less how Golden State does beyond this series. I'm rooting against OKC, not for anyone in particular. Though I admit, this series has given me a new found respect for Golden State. I don't dislike them.

Ditto.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/tdlockett12/status/737484520354504704[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/737484892766797826[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/737490650933788673[/tweet]

TXHawk

Reaction score
I'm so happy that the Thunder lost tonight. Here's hoping that Kevin Durant leaves the team followed by Russell Westbrook and the whole franchise sinks permanently to the bottom of the league.

Msfann

Reaction score
TXHawk":2mfu3aqq said:
I'm so happy that the Thunder lost tonight. Here's hoping that Kevin Durant leaves the team followed by Russell Westbrook and the whole franchise sinks permanently to the bottom of the league.
:13: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :snack: :0190l:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Msfann":1s65djkk said:
TXHawk":1s65djkk said:
:13: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :snack: :0190l:

Me too man. I'm one of those embittered old Sonics fans who wants nothing more than to see the "Thunder" lose every freaking game, watch attendance dwindle down to nothing, and hemorrhage money to the point that team eventually has to leave OKC and be sold. I basically stopped watching the NBA after the Sonics left in 2008 ... but I've followed this series ... and am loving every single salty tear that OKC's fans are crying right now.

This is the most fitting image I can think of ... of what Golden State just did to OKC ...
[Steph Curry playing the part of Mola Ram cackling madly as the heart burns]

[youtube]6mCQOc_Ep-M[/youtube]

Latest posts