Golden Tate calls fans out after game

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems like he did his best to avoid calling them pathetic, more of a plea to give them a chance and not give up on the team. The way fans are, I would have just kept it to myself because trying to have a reasonable plea is still going to get the pushback from the fans to try winning more to get them excited.

Tate has been on a roll this season. He may see it as being a leader and being honest but he might want to try to just keep grinding with his head down.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Even when my team plays bad I don't boo them. (Although I know a lot of people do any it happens in every stadium)

I just don't like booing the team you support. It's not like they want to lose or play bad. It certainly doesn't help the situation.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":1ijvr7cc said:
Even when my team plays bad I don't boo them. (Although I know a lot of people do any it happens in every stadium)

I just don't like booing the team you support. It's not like they want to lose or play bad. It certainly doesn't help the situation.

Absolutely agreed.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bengal fans were booing at one point in the game too. I found that mind-blowing.

Lion fans at least have a really good case to be sick and tired of what they are seeing.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Booing your team is bizarre. It has no positive outcome, unless you consider you being a jerk making you feel better being one.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I don't think Tate is wrong, but complaining about the fans after you personally have an awful game (lowest graded WR in the NFL this weekend per PFF) is pretty silly. It's pretty simple: if you don't want to get booed don't fumble and catch the passes thrown to you.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tate has never been known to be wise with his words or his actions, so this doesn't surprise me.

Silentwander

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Tate but he need to be careful with his words because it may offend or piss some fans off.

I never boo at Seahawks when they play badly. Well I haven't been to C-link yet (hope someday), I am not going to leave the stadium early because I am not kind of person to do that. When our time come, some seahawks fans will boo too like all other stadiums.

I wonder how did some Cindy fans felt when they boo their team when they thought they were going to lose but ended up winning the game.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I boo'd a lot back in the Behring/Flores days and don't feel a bit bad about it. I paid good money to attend games in which it was patently obvious my team didn't care. They deserved the boos.

It's none of Tate's business if the fans choose to boo or not. They paid for their tickets, and lots have season tickets they owned before Tate was ever a Lion. Tate is an employee, the fans booing are the customers. He should be grateful they actually bought the tickets and showed up, since without them, he wouldn't be playing a sport for millions.

And I don't get fans telling other fans how to behave. As long as they're not being violent or disruptive, it's none of your business how they choose to enjoy the game. Nobody is telling the critics they have to boo. So why go tell others they can't?

Frankly, sometimes these teams need to be booed so ownership will wake up and make the appropriate changes.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":274rww07 said:
Frankly, sometimes these teams need to be booed so ownership will wake up and make the appropriate changes.

I wish that would work on my boss.

Latest posts