Golden Tate Fined

kidhawk

Reaction score
The league and players union have a fine structure for a lot of these infractions. It's this structure that is used in determining what the fine is. It's not completely arbitrary as some seem to believe.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Yeah I'll say there's reason for it obviously, but the fact that their fining and penalizing on top of it is just funny. I think most agree that it was an immature move by Tate, but this fine is just stupid.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Some guys don't understand the fact that the penalty occured during the play not after the play.

I mean sack dance happens after the play is dead.

What he did was during the play.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Tate is talented, but he is not mature, which is fine, he will grow up in time. It was a stupid move on his behalf. Sometimes these guys egos get in the way of their brains and this happens. I do think that they should let the guys play and have a little fun but Roger doesn't see it that way. They make a lot of money counting on these athletes to do just this.

If they make that rule cost a TD ... ugh.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He wouldn't feel it b/c Roger's a pussy.

This is a ridiculous fine. Akin to wrong coloured socks or shoes. The PC police are beginning infiltrate the thinking of those who think he wasn't already punished enough so that now he pays his whole game check to the league b/c he waived buh bye to a DB who'd been talking smack to him all game and unnecessarily hit Tate after he scored.

It's an interesting world where we have to toe the line to group think. That said Tate was wrong to have taunted the opposing player. Reality is though he was penalized, it potentially could have hurt his team, he was spoken to by his coaches, and post game publicly apologized. The fine is piling on, he already got the message.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Isn't that amount basically the equivalent of like 50 bucks is to most of us anyway?

Johnny

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3fsooekx said:
Wonder how they came up with that number.

Odd number right?

But, I totally disagree with the fine.... a week ago the Panthers Steve Smith had issues with one of the Rams Cornerbacks as did the entire Panthers team and now a Seahawks player 'shows up' one of the Rams secondary players?... That tells me the Rams secondary are a bunch a d-bags that talk way to much shit.... in the wrong way.

Veilside

Reaction score
At this point the last player I would expect to see taunting from again is Tate. I think he learned his lesson immediately after the TD. I think he'll be pretty professional from now on unless he just can't control it, then he has a problem.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Such BS. I'm getting really irritated at the changes in the league. It's becoming really bad.

firebee

Reaction score
SUCH #$&*^! BULL!!! Now we're fining players for taunting??? LONG LIVE GOODELL CASTRO!!! I'm taking a pair of pink panties to throw on the field the next time I go to a game. I'm so sick of how sissyfied this league has become. While we're at it... Why don't we just stop keeping score, so everybody wins at the end of the game.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
firebee":1yerp6as said:
SUCH #$&*^! BULL!!! Now we're fining players for taunting??? LONG LIVE GOODELL CASTRO!!! I'm taking a pair of pink panties to throw on the field the next time I go to a game. I'm so sick of how sissyfied this league has become. While we're at it... Why don't we just stop keeping score, so everybody wins at the end of the game.

Keep them on please....kids attend these games. Thanks.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":2wpbv5g4 said:
Isn't that amount basically the equivalent of like 50 bucks is to most of us anyway?

Not to mention it goes to charity and is a tax write off.

irocdave

Reaction score
I was pissed watching Tate saunter his way into the end zone waving and agree with the fine. If your an NFL fan where do you draw the line when it comes to this stuff? How about grabbing your boys as you tumble backwards in to the end zone like the Patriots player did? I understand why Lynch did it and didn't like it but after a run like that I get it and don't think it should have been a penalty. If your the NFL how do you get your point across? My kids watch the games and play football, if did this in a game it would only happen once.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The O-line should chip in and pay that fine for Tate. Certainly their incompetence led to the frustration that drove Tate down that slippery slope to Tauntsville.

OTOH, There's no way that O-line should be able to scrape together more than a few hundred bucks between them. Way over paid if they can.