Goofy League.

bandiger

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1q42uhjp said:
bandiger":1q42uhjp said:
The only consistency in the NFL is Patriots winning, they are 6-2. I hope Seahawks can be that consistent every year.
I don't think we can count on Arizona, San Francisco and St. Louis to be horrifically bad like Buffalo, Miami and the Jets for the better part of 15-20 years and in some cases longer though.

I consider Dolphins and Bills to be better than the Rams at least but I do get your point that our division is a lot tougher currently.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It's almost like on any given day, any football team can beat another. Someone should make up a saying about that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bandiger":2jdahagk said:
MizzouHawkGal":2jdahagk said:
bandiger":2jdahagk said:
The only consistency in the NFL is Patriots winning, they are 6-2. I hope Seahawks can be that consistent every year.
I don't think we can count on Arizona, San Francisco and St. Louis to be horrifically bad like Buffalo, Miami and the Jets for the better part of 15-20 years and in some cases longer though.

I consider Dolphins and Bills to be better than the Rams at least but I do get your point that our division is a lot tougher currently.
Now this year it's not the same because I believe that both Buffalo and Miami seem to be turning the corner a bit. I'm not convinced that Tannehill or Manuel are the answer (obviously about Manuel) but they are better then what they've had since Kelly and Marino. Basically I find it amazing that not one of those three teams ever found a decent quarterback since the 1990's while New England strikes gold with a 6th round nobody that turns into a top 5 EVER player at his position at the same time.

morgulon1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1mc0p6c6 said:
bandiger":1mc0p6c6 said:

Funny you should say that. The Cardinals HAVE been historically bad for much of the last 40-50 years. In between the
9ers glory (hole) years in much of the 80's and part of the 90's and the last 3 years, the 9ers have been horrendous.
The Greatest Show on turf lasted for 3-4 years?

All I know is that Ari and Santa Clara seem to be good now.

byau

Reaction score
Romo got hit pretty hard and had to leave the game. You gotta think that his back is going to be a huge issue in them winning or losing even if Dez and Demarco are the playmakers. You need Romo too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bandiger":1gj3nghi said:

The Pats are an aberration.

Very few times throughout the history of the NFL has there been this long of a time period when one team in the division has stayed competitive, and every other team in the same division has stunk.

The Pats have gone 12 full years without any team in their division even being close to good, which has given them an inflated record each year.

So yeah the Hawks can stay competitive, but what are the chances of all three other teams in our division going in the tank for a decade?

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
morgulon1":2e50hsmf said:
MizzouHawkGal":2e50hsmf said:
bandiger":2e50hsmf said:

Funny you should say that. The Cardinals HAVE been historically bad for much of the last 40-50 years. In between the
9ers glory (hole) years in much of the 80's and part of the 90's and the last 3 years, the 9ers have been horrendous.

Seahawks have been consistently good since the move to the NFC. There were a few rough seasons, but we do have a .546 winning percentage in that time. Would like to see which other franchises besides the Patriots have had better overall regular season record than us the past 12 seasons.

Better to be at least relevant year in year out then something like the Raiders.

Erebus

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":tqttezlh said:
morgulon1":tqttezlh said:
MizzouHawkGal":tqttezlh said:
bandiger":tqttezlh said:

Seahawks have been consistently good since the move to the NFC. There were a few rough seasons, but we do have a .546 winning percentage in that time. Would like to see which other franchises besides the Patriots have had better overall regular season record than us the past 12 seasons.

Colts for sure, and I think the Eagles do too. I'll have to look that up later.

chris98251

Reaction score
You think the Patriots stayed on top of their division due to brilliance, or do you think it's due to the other teams incompetence. Yes they are a good team, but when your not heavily challenged in your division you can make a case for getting a pass to the playoffs every year, thats when Belichick really becomes dangerous.

idahohawk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":aokver5k said:
Redskins lost @ Eagles week 3, 34-37. Not too bad.
Lost @ Cardinals week 6, 20-30. Respectable enough, considering Cardinals.
10 pt loss to Hawks on MNF.
Week 4 is their only embarrassing loss to Giants, 14-45.

So, while their record 3-5 indicates the season isn't going their way... they're no slouch team. They're battling the best they can. Sometimes I think we're too quick to judge the strength of a team. Jay Gruden is doing a respectable job.

Dallas' week 3, 5, 6, 7 haven't exactly been dominant. They won close games. (Yes, credit them for getting the wins. Nothing against them there.) Still, remember that without that 3rd and 20 (great) catch, the Cowboys might very well be 5-3 and the Seahawks 5-2. Funny how perception of teams can boil down to even one play if you really think about it. Game of inches (painfully so for the Hawks this season) and each down played is crucial.

Go Hawks

Great post. Agreed.

Enjoy the now.