Gratitude and humility. The Seahawks formula to winning players?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks could have reasonably cut Geno after his dui, especially as he mouthed off to cops and had to be restrained for his test. Geno owed us big time as well as himself. As the man said, if it wasn’t for that he might well be out of the league. So he’s gonna put it out there.

I feel that chip on Ones shoulder is imperative, and it seems most have it.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think gratitude might be back in play after the entitlement posse left. LOB brought it up numerous times, seems like the original path is back on track.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The Seahawks could have reasonably cut Geno after his dui, especially as he mouthed off to cops and had to be restrained for his test. Geno owed us big time as well as himself. As the man said, if it wasn’t for that he might well be out of the league. So he’s gonna put it out there.

I feel that chip on Ones shoulder is imperative, and it seems most have it.
The DUI was bullshit to begin with according to his lawyer’s statement and he more than likely regrets his actions. He’s basically done everything right since

flv2

Reaction score
Smith was on a 1 year contract that was due to expire in early March 2022. The Seahawks season ended in early January 2022. Between those dates Smith was arrested for dui. There was no gain or loss for anyone in Smith being released. Smith became a FA in early March 2022 and it took about 5 weeks for him to agree a new deal with any team. Smith didn't owe any team anything and no team owed Smith anything. Business is business.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Smith was on a 1 year contract that was due to expire in early March 2022. The Seahawks season ended in early January 2022. Between those dates Smith was arrested for dui. There was no gain or loss for anyone in Smith being released. Smith became a FA in early March 2022 and it took about 5 weeks for him to agree a new deal with any team. Smith didn't owe any team anything and no team owed Smith anything. Business is business.
Exactly. People also forget he’s only a $10 million dollar cap hit and think we overpaid lol
Considering the numbers Geno put up last year in leading a young team to the playoffs, I’d say Seattle got a bargain deal for a quality starter

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Exactly. People also forget he’s only a $10 million dollar cap hit and think we overpaid lol
Considering the numbers Geno put up last year in leading a young team to the playoffs, I’d say Seattle got a bargain deal for a quality starter
I really like the contract Seahawks signed, but looking at it long term, they are paying him $27M for a single season's work, it's just spread over two years. They way the contract is signed, it's team friendly year one but jumps to $31M next year and also includes incentives for each of his three years (that i hope he hits).