Green Bay Packers vs Hawks at Lambeau

canfan

Reaction score
pehawk":2cpuvdy0 said:
The Packers are going to struggle vs the Lions and the Bills.

I'm not sure what to make of GB right now. The O looks very good, but the opposition makes it hard to judge. We will have a better idea after they face the 2 quality defenses that are ahead of them.

BamKam

Reaction score
How about the Seahawks actually make the playoffs first?

I remember a month ago after the KC game this place was in meltdown mode and now that we have had a good run the NFCCG is locked? Lolol

These last 3 games are no joke.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
BamKam":3c45jnv2 said:
How about the Seahawks actually make the playoffs first?

I remember a month ago after the KC game this place was in meltdown mode and now that we have had a good run the NFCCG is locked? Lolol

These last 3 games are no joke.

Neither were the 3 we just played.

NINEster

Reaction score
The Packers at Lambeau are beatable but will not roll over and be easy.

It would be a great playoff game for sure.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
IF we get to the NFC championship game the one team I really hope it isn't is Detroit. Not because I think they can beat us but because of the ugly local situation for me. Everyone I know out here is a Lion fan, the most annoying of whom is my BIL. He is insanely jealous of me because of the Seahawks. That would be a very tense game for me because I know they will have another "Lions" party like they did the last time they made the playoffs(and lost. lol)

Hawks46

Reaction score
pehawk":2ub1itff said:
The Packers are going to struggle vs the Lions and the Bills.

I read somewhere that the Packers have never won in Buffalo. That Bills' D is legit.

That said, cold, snowy, maybe windy....all those favor strong defense and run games, not strong passing offenses. If we limit the big plays through the air, they're done. Especially if Rodgers avoids Sherman again; that condenses the field for the other guys. Imagine Thomas, Chancellor, SImon and Maxwell all working just one side of the field, with Kam handling the underneath stuff with Bobby. Yeesh.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Lacy is peaking at the right time for them, and suddenly that offense is much more diverse than "Rodgers throws the ball". And their defense, when it shows up (didn't last night obviously) is no slouch. I think it turns into a good game

Always wanted to go to a game at Lambeau. Kinda thinking I might have to make it this one. Anyone been? Worth the trip? I have several friends who say it is, but they're Packer fans, clearly biased

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Arizona has found ways to win at home all year long, and they'll have 10 days to prepare for you guys...

I wouldn't bet on them, but it's surely not an "easy win"...and it could decide the division.

Largent80

Reaction score
AZ needed a friggin RIDICULOUS call from the refs to win vs. KC.

They are not pushovers, but they don't have the QB to beat the Hawks.

We beat GB in week 1 with a defense that played nowhere near the way they are currently playing.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be Blitz or anything, but I can't lie, the Packers in Lambeau scare me.
If A-Aron gets hot and if the refs start calling it ticky tack with the energy in that building, I could see a tough challenge. I do think we matchup well though, I think we are the Packers kryptonite so it will be a great battle. If the game is in Seattle though, good night.

Largent80

Reaction score
rjdriver":1ao5kfzp said:
I'm not trying to be Blitz or anything, but I can't lie, the Packers in Lambeau scare me.
If A-Aron gets hot and if the refs start calling it ticky tack with the energy in that building, I could see a tough challenge. I do think we matchup well though, I think we are the Packers kryptonite so it will be a great battle. If the game is in Seattle though, good night.

I got the Key and Peele reference..... :lol:

If you ever are out this way give me a shout out. Great to meet you in SD.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2h8776m5 said:
City Of Reign":2h8776m5 said:
"Who's this Brett Fahv-rey guy?" .... I'm not too concerned about going to Lambeau. Rodgers has not played well agains the LOB and I don't think he's gonna all of a sudden have an epiphany and figure us out. The Pack will be a tough out, but one that I think is entirely possible and more than likely possible.

The Packers have won just 1 playoff games since winning it all in 2010. Even that 1 win has a asterisk by it in that they were playing a JOE WEBB lead Vikings team (talk about a layup). It might be premature to anoint GB as the team to beat, they might not even win their divisional game (they haven't proven they can win consistently in the playoffs). The 49ers have ripped out their hearts the last 2 years. I think Seattle will have a good a shot at winning in GB, if it comes to that.

In fact if you look at Aaron Rodgers playoff history it looks more like Peyton Manning's than Tom Brady's.
In his 6 years as the full-time starter, the Packers have made the playoffs 5 times.

Rodgers is 5-4 in the playoffs. 4 of those wins came in 2010 when they won the Superbowl. 3 of those year's they were 1 and done in the playoffs. They have been consistently beat by the more complete teams. The Giants and 49ers were more the more balanced teams and in 2 of those 3 games the Packers were dominated.

Not Rodgers fault packers have lost playoff games...I remember the game against the Cards the offense put up like 45+ points or something...the D let up 50 something I htink

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2t7qoy6o said:
Packers have no shot against us. None. Bennet and Avril will twist Rodgers' candy ass into a pretzel, and we'll run all over their soft, weak-ass defense. Won't even be a contest.

I hope so.. but I disagree. That cold turf would slow the D down a bit. And Rodgers isn't Kaep, Sanchez, Stanton, Stafford etc.

I think Green Bay is a very formidable opponent.. especially in Lambeau. Not impossible to beat them, but definitely wouldn't be easy.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
That offense will not do well against our defense. That day will be the day where the whole world eats crow.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cartire":cenesij7 said:
I expect them to go one and done.

We have a better chance at facing the NFCS/Wildcard team then GB in the NFCCG.

I really can't see GB losing that first game. Especially considering their likely opponent in the divisional would be either..

- Detroit, a team that simply can't win at Lambeau .. with a QB that has NEVER beat a team with a .500 or better record on the road (Stafford is 0-16 in his career in such a scenario)

- Philly, a team the Packers dismembered already

- Dallas, a team that has a great rushing attack and big WR that can do some damage a la Julio Jones.. but has no defense that can slow down Rodgers and co

- Arizona.. if you think Drew Stanton is going into Lambeau Field and beating Aaron Rodgers.. you're nuts.

- Any NFC South team.. lets face it.. none of them have the personnel to beat Green Bay in Green Bay

I would be STUNNED if they aren't in the championship game. And at this point.. I'd be really shocked if we weren't as well if we can stay healthy the rest of the way. The only question now is where this game will be played.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Games not going to be a Lanbeau. They're not getting past Buffalo next week. Game will be here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Foghawk":2t1wx618 said:
ZorntoLargent":2t1wx618 said:
"We want the ball, and we're going to score!!!"

It would be a little different this time around.

"We insist you have the ball, and we're going to score!"

I think he is attributing that statement to our defense :)

Richard Sherman: "We want the ball and we're going to score!"

jacobsod

Reaction score
I agree with you guys. With the defense playin (IMHO) better than even last year, GB has no chance. I LOVE how the team seems to not only be playing better, but the energy between everyone is MUCH more positive. I don't see that with GB. That game yesterday when they'd score / make good plays, they weren't celebrating with each other with the intensity our Hawks do. And the Hawks celebrate EVERY good play (gawd I love that).

I don't know the numbers 'cept what I read here, but it sure seems like our passing game has gotten a LOT better as of late. Far from perfect, but I think worlds better than most teams expect after seeing our earlier games.

Expecting their crowd to be as usual all fired up, but quiet (and angry HAHA) come 2nd half.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
How cool would it have been if Hass came through on that. True Seahawk legend at that point. Bad route by Bannister and now not so much. Loved the moxie he showed and how much fun he was having in that moment.

Latest posts