Griffin brothers

Palmegranite

Reaction score
You know that one commercial of the Griffin Bros that gets played over and over and over again on TV?
Well I have it on good authority that they don't have to show up and perform these commercials live for each airing. They just had to do it once, and it was recorded for repeated playback.

And this advancement in TV technology has allowed them to get back and focus on their football.

Own The West

Reaction score
I’m not worried about Quil. He had a great 1st year at RCB, then struggled some last year in a new position against team’s #1 receivers. He’ll adjust and be solid once again.

Quem was out of position last year imho. He had leo written all over him, but we played him off the line and that’s not really anything he’s done before. I think he’s going to take Cassius Marsh’s spot and I’m excited to see what he brings on 3rd down this year.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
The age of social media has really made some fans care way too much about their own perception of how much "effort" athletes are putting into their favorite team. It is an unhealthy mentality. A player succeeds or fails on their own merits and it is weird to see people care so much about someone else's personal life who they really don't know at all.

Tical21

Reaction score
Own The West":39u29k02 said:
I’m not worried about Quil. He had a great 1st year at RCB, then struggled some last year in a new position against team’s #1 receivers. He’ll adjust and be solid once again.

Quem was out of position last year imho. He had leo written all over him, but we played him off the line and that’s not really anything he’s done before. I think he’s going to take Cassius Marsh’s spot and I’m excited to see what he brings on 3rd down this year.
I'm not sure he can be anywhere near a true LEO at 230 or whatever. Sure, bring him in on 3rd and longs and move around and let him blitz a bunch. I agree that his pass rushing ability is his best ability.

Honestly though, I'm not sure either one of them can play.

quadsas

Reaction score
Both of them were god damn awful last year. yeah, great story and all, but having a great story is not gonna help the team perform better on its own. They better bring it or ship them to Cleveland.

I still can't shake that 4th down PI against Rams that was sooooooo horrendous that I would've been happy if he was cut on the spot. Too bad Coleman is gone. I'd rather see Flowers at CB1, even though he himself wasn't amazing, but at least he hasn't made unbelievably stupid plays (from what I can remember)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3nkch0pq said:
Seahwkgal":3nkch0pq said:
Largent80":3nkch0pq said:
Queem is on the chopping block with the new additions. He had better step it up this year.
This. I would be real surprised if he makes the roster.

If we can keep CJ Prosise's under performing ass on the roster for the entire length of his rookie deal, we can sure as hell keep Shaquem.

At least Shaquem is a good special teams player and has the potential to be more. Bottom line, he contributes, so I'd be shocked if he was cut this year.

Now if he has another flat year where he fails to pick up the defense and doesn't contribute beyond special teams? Then it's trouble for him. But right now in year two of his rookie deal? He's cheap and contributes on special teams, so I don't see him going anywhere for a while.

Agree!

‘Queem will be on the team come Sept 9.

Last season was unfair to him. A positional change, slotted to replace a Pro Bowl quality WOLB, hard to do, and he didn’t. However, he played well on ST, and his speed and coverage was demonstrable. Is he a pro level OLB? For sure not yet, but he is fast and can tackle in the open field. If he can slow his awareness of the game down and is slotted to play a position where he can use the speed and tackling ability that is obvious he has, he’ll do just fine. Even if he’s just a ST player, he is a keeper b/c he has speed.

Meanwhile his brother has now got a year in at playing LCB and is healthy again. The talk of switching Tre to LCB and moving ‘Quill is short sighted. Why would you impose a position change on two players. Tre was a college SS who transitioned to RCB. We don’t need to screw up the whole defensive backfield b/c several don’t think ‘Quill is as good as Sherman. To me let’s see if he improves. The DBs are going to be a work in progress the season and unnecessary change is unlikely to be beneficial.

I think the Griffin boys will be long term participants in Seattle.

xray

Reaction score
They will be treated like everybody else trying for a place on the team....step up or step aside.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Read an interview with Quille talking about their diet this off-season (they have a chef taking care of their nuitrition) to get to the right playing weight. Mentioned how he and his brother have different goals so it's not the same for both. Just a little thing but it seems to suggest they are focused on getting ready for the season.

Largent80

Reaction score
These guys are going to have great seasons. If you are a no believer maybe you are a Debbie.....Debbie......Ummmm
Debbie won't ya please....PLEASE. Ahhhh, you are DOWN with it.