Gus Johnson calling game. NOW THAT IS INTERESTING

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He needs to call more NFL games. I guess his excitable nature may not be perfectly suited for the league's more conservative audience. He's definitely one of my faves.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":dnaebltt said:
He needs to call more NFL games. I guess his excitable nature may not be perfectly suited for the league's more conservative audience. He's definitely one of my faves.

He usually just does 1 or 2 at the end of the year because of his college arrangement.

Where he's really missed is during the NCAA Tournament. Those games were the best

rjdriver

Reaction score
Bautista with the caaaaaattttcchhhhh.

Dude almost popped a gasket!

UCLA/ Gonzaga

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
ive been a lifelong fan of the zags. and gus johnson's delivery/enthusiasm makes him the BEST play-by-play commentator in sports... heres the gus johnson soundboard: http://www.gusjohnsongetsbuckets.com/

Mick063":2ztf08tg said:
My favorite Gus call, but then again, I'm a Zag fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmY-BXzMc5g

lol, i was at that game, sitting near the nose bleeds... we were down a good part of the game because of a tough ok st defense, we get in striking range and then an unbelievable clutch shot by morrison at the end of the game, it had the whole key arena (all zags fans) in a frenzy for like 10 minutes, nobody wanted to go home... nationally, people were questioning who the better college player was up till that point, morrision or redick, and that game/shot decided it...

but id say gus johnson's best call was this one:
[youtube]9v291HXGKIU[/youtube]

gonzaga's run to the elite 8 was a special thing at the time, and nobody would have made the moments more memorable to listen to than gus johnson. i remember how fixated i would be during that tournament in 99', skipping grade school to watch that epic run from gonzaga, which happens to be my parents alma mater.

im fortunate enough to be at the game sunday, but gus johnson calling this game gives me a reason to record it now :p

Hawks46

Reaction score
brettb3":2riqccvo said:
Awesome. Charles Davis does a great job as well.

I like Charles Davis' analysis. Haven't heard him very much as a color commentator, but I can bet he's good.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
With a minute to go, close game. There is no one...I repeat no one better than Gus Johnson.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was unimpressed with the color commentators for Fox this game. Gus Johnson and Charles Davis were awful. All the hype about him this week for this.....Maybe he's just not a football guy. It was horrific.

White Devil

Reaction score
Did anyone catch when he was talking about Lynch being fined for the crotch grab celebration during the BeastQuake 2.0 run, he was talking about which run was better. His answer?

"I liked the first BeastQuake better because of what he did at the end of the 2nd."

:? :? :?

You mean the same crotch grab which didn't warrant a fine the first time? :34853_doh:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Pete Carroll
Yesterday at 10:43am ·
Shoutout to Gus Johnson & Charles Davis for their awesome work broadcasting our game! Can't believe they're not doing more NFL games!

Pete Carroll disagrees with you.....and so do I.

I thought they were fine and certainly better than John Lynch and whomever he works with.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like gus but Charles dacis sucks. Even without looking at him you cam hear in his voice he's constantly smiling and sounds like he's always impressed and excited over nothing and it just seems insincere.

253hawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3gnkrzyc said:
I was unimpressed with the color commentators for Fox this game. Gus Johnson and Charles Davis were awful. All the hype about him this week for this.....Maybe he's just not a football guy. It was horrific.

To be fair, it was an extremely boring game with relatively very little on the line. He'd have had an aneurysm during one of Lynch's quakes that would have made Raible sound like Joe Buck.

Exploding

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":191dqgmn said:
Pete Carroll
Yesterday at 10:43am ·
Shoutout to Gus Johnson & Charles Davis for their awesome work broadcasting our game! Can't believe they're not doing more NFL games!

Pete Carroll disagrees with you.....and so do I.

I thought they were fine and certainly better than John Lynch and whomever he works with.

Well, I disagree with you and apparently Carroll. Actually though, would Carroll have even heard the broadcast? It was awful. Asinine commentary and full of mistakes. I thought it was one of the worst called games of the last year or two...

But to each their own. They don't pick commentators for just me!

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
253hawk":3tjxbnbb said:
hawkfan68":3tjxbnbb said:

To be fair, it was an extremely boring game with relatively very little on the line. He'd have had an aneurysm during one of Lynch's quakes that would have made Raible sound like Joe Buck.
Agree with this 100%. Neither team gave these guys anything to get excited about. I was really looking forward to some big plays because of Gus' excitement when that happens.