Guy and Howard Claimed

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Jags and Chiefs, respectively.

All three blind mice saw the Guy move coming.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Really? Everyone on here thought Howard would be the one going to jax not guy I thought

mikeak

Reaction score
Seriously a team should not be allowed to claim 3 guys from another team without draft compensation (direct)

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Instead of trading a conditional pick to Jax for the DT we should have just traded Guy. Seems like we got snookered there.

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":37qjocnh said:
Instead of trading a conditional pick to Jax for the DT we should have just traded Guy. Seems like we got snookered there.

They are number two in the waiver claim process. It was almost a guarantee they would get him. They gt the player and a pick with how they played it.

At the same time, it's a conditional 7th that they probably won't even end up receiving.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":137fxgc5 said:

I totally agree. It seems like we're paying Gus's bills until he gets on his feet.

Damn I hated losing Guy.

warden

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":12x3f4gz said:
Hawkstorian":12x3f4gz said:

Damn I hated losing Guy.

Me too

Jville

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":k2ti0mso said:
Really? Everyone on here thought Howard would be the one going to jax not guy I thought

Howard contributed little to nothing for Gus Bradley or Walsh in 2012. I think they saw all they wanted to see of him last year.

With Winston Guy, Jacksonville has a ready made stage for a guy that screems for a stage. He will have a better opportunity to get the snaps he needs to develop and showboat all he wants. At the very least he will be entertaining while having the opportunity to learn from his mistakes. This could work out very well for Guy .... its in his court.

seacat1

Reaction score
I hated to see Guy leave too. I think he will do well in Jax.

Largent80

Reaction score
Cracks me up how some people belittle players that actually made the team and anguish over a player that hasn't made a single contribution in 2 years.

Goodbye Guy.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I believe that Jaye Howard being claimed by KC means that Gus/Jax didn't get a shot, as KC is first in line.

I think it is silly that waiver order is fixed. You should go to the end of the line for the next claim after you make a claim. the Hawks have to give up a pick to get D Smith because they doubt he makes it to the end of the waiver order, but the Jags can just sit at 2 and let Guy,Blackmon,Knox and a buttload of TEs fall to them. Punishing the succesfull.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Jville":vz0uuzl3 said:
With Winston Guy, Jacksonville has a ready made stage for a guy that screems for a stage. He will have a better opportunity to get the snaps he needs to develop and showboat all he wants. At the very least he will be entertaining while having the opportunity to learn from his mistakes. This could work out very well for Guy .... its in his court.

This makes a lot of sense. Maybe he just didn't have the personality to acclimate and bond with his team mates here? more of a lone ranger type?

Sure loved the dudes fizzicality.

drdiags

Reaction score
Should be interesting to if Guy tries to take a few kill shots on the Seahawks WRs when the Jaguars come to town. If he sticks (and gets playing time with regular defense).

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Kansas City has top priority on the waiver wire. Even if JAX put a claim on Howard, they wouldn't have gotten him. No way to say whether or not Gus wanted him.

drdiags

Reaction score
With the Jaguars being as thin on talent as they are, why begrudge them a chance at getting healthier a little faster? The Seahawks benefited in 2010 when they were claiming folks left and right trying to turn it around. The Waiver system is fine as it is.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
drdiags":1s6dpjgb said:
Should be interesting to if Guy tries to take a few kill shots on the Seahawks WRs when the Jaguars come to town. If he sticks (and gets playing time with regular defense).

He would whiff the on tackle.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
drdiags":29pswfl9 said:
With the Jaguars being as thin on talent as they are, why begrudge them a chance at getting healthier a little faster? The Seahawks benefited in 2010 when they were claiming folks left and right trying to turn it around. The Waiver system is fine as it is.

Exactly. Every team wishes they could be at the end of the line for waivers every year.

Teams at the bottom of the waiver order just do not have a need to pluck very many players off waivers anyway. The teams at the top of the order are desperate for an infusion of talent and it allows the league to stay more competitive.

Latest posts