Hall of Fame : I have a question

Hawks46

Reaction score
I can see both sides of the argument.

He still gets in though. This game was the definitive statement that he might not have needed anyways. A game where the other team played well (he didn't see back in a completely clean pocket all game), he played poorly in the first half, then comes back and executes the largest come back in SB history.

And, once again....his best receivers are Edelman, who is a good WR but not a game changer, and Martellus Bennett. He doesn't have a Julio Jones.

Pape

Reaction score
pmedic920":1pvxajsq said:
I'll say it straight up, I think Tom Brady SHOULD NOT be eligible for the HOF.

He was suspended for CHEATING, breaking the rules.

Yea I get it, technically it wasn't for cheating but we all know what happened.

Future generations look up too, and aspire to be like the HOFers. What is the message we send if we allow TB to be in the HOF?

Do you think he should be allowed?
Does allowing him to get in tarnish what it all means to be a HOFer?

Do you care?, have an opinion?

Tom Brady is a first ballot Hall of Fame player. Period.

The only cheating done in the deflategate saga was by the League office, who had a report crafted that supported a pre-determined conclusion.

uncle fester

Reaction score
There are a lot of players from the '70s & '80s in the HoF that skirted around the rules for the sake of winning.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
You want to leave Brady out over deflategate? cmon man! That was just silliness all around.

He is the best QB ever. It is an indisputable fact at this point.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Pape":v19eix97 said:

The only cheating done in the deflategate saga was by the League office, who had a report crafted that supported a pre-determined conclusion.

:roll:

Facts tend to "pre-determine" things, that's how it works.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Brady is a first ballot HOFer, no doubt. Best QB to ever do it.

I wouldn't be in favor of kicking every player out of the hall who used PEDs either; as in the sport of football that is damn near everyone. If you're looking to pro sports for morality, you're looking in the wrong place. Just enjoy the spectacle.

I'm also fine with any player in the hockey hall of fame who got caught using an illegal curve, which is the closest thing in sports I can think of that parallels deflated footballs. Difference being that an illegal curve is a reasonable 5 minute penalty, not a two year ordeal.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
There is more to this than deflategate. There was also spygate. TB benefited from spygate even though he didn't directly cheat. The extensive report that I read, which was BEFORE SB49, stated that every one of the Patriot's SB wins prior to 49, were tainted somehow by cheating. It was so well known throughout the league that they would send someone into the opposing team's locker room during warmups with intentions of stealing a playbook which was laying around, that some teams would leave fake playbooks laying around. So, the question is, would TB have had as much success if he hadn't been on a Patriots organization that absolutely cheated their way to several SB wins? Were it up to me, Kraft, Belichick and TB would not be allowed in to the HOF. But, where do you draw the line? What about the other Pats players? Why would the NFL allow this crap if it was so well known? I have no answers, just an opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Pape

Reaction score
Foghawk":1mvzp7cx said:
Pape":1mvzp7cx said:

Incorrect. Established facts are used to determine what the outcome will be.

Predeterming your conclusion then looking for "facts" to support said conclusion is just plain wrong, and that is what the league did in the deflate gate investigation.

Pape

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2s9g2o4d said:
There is more to this than deflategate. There was also spygate. TB benefited from spygate even though he didn't directly cheat. The extensive report that I read, which was BEFORE SB49, stated that every one of the Patriot's SB wins prior to 49, were tainted somehow by cheating. It was so well known throughout the league that they would send someone into the opposing team's locker room during warmups with intentions of stealing a playbook which was laying around, that some teams would leave fake playbooks laying around. So, the question is, would TB have had as much success if he hadn't been on a Patriots organization that absolutely cheated their way to several SB wins? Were it up to me, Kraft, Belichick and TB would not be allowed in to the HOF. But, where do you draw the line? What about the other Pats players? Why would the NFL allow this crap if it was so well known? I have no answers, just an opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

You ask the question, why would the league allow it. They wouldn't. Ergo, it did not happen. That report was in SI, and 99% of it was here-say and anecdotal stories that people have taken gospel truth. The lie created the myth and the click hungry sports media perpetuated the myth because it got them clicks.

What the did do - film the opposing teams defensive coordinators after they were told to stop, After they were dimed out by eric manjudas, the Patriots and Belichick admitted it, took their lumps and moved on. Everything else? balderdash

Foghawk

Reaction score
Pape":zop8jun8 said:
Foghawk":zop8jun8 said:
Pape":zop8jun8 said:

Predeterming your conclusion then looking for "facts" to support said conclusion is just plain wrong, and that is what the league did in the deflate gate investigation.

Went down this road a couple of years ago with some of "Brady's Virtue Warriors", have a great day Pape.

Giphy

Pape

Reaction score
Foghawk":17ca9av9 said:
Pape":17ca9av9 said:
Foghawk":17ca9av9 said:
Pape":17ca9av9 said:

Went down this road a couple of years ago with some of "Brady's Virtue Warriors", have a great day Pape.

No different than those who defend/excuse Shermans (continuing?) PED use, except that Sherman is actually guilty of that and got off on a technicality

Have a nice day Fog

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
c7636102f01431628e81aa2a89085a91.jpg

:{)

Pape

Reaction score
rice, stickum, sorry joe, end of story.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Pape":25r2ejag said:
rice, stickum, sorry joe, end of story.

If Montana would have deflated his footballs Rice wouldn't have needed it. True story.

Shaq wiggling gif

Pape

Reaction score
and you have no idea if he did or didn't. since, you know, no one paid any attention to psi until the league went off the rails over a farts worth of air :2thumbs:

Foghawk

Reaction score
Pape":l4clvktr said:
no one paid any attention to psi until the league went off the rails over a farts worth of air :2thumbs:

Sure did leave a stain though, didn't it.

Pape

Reaction score
Foghawk":1h2vm3nd said:
Pape":1h2vm3nd said:
no one paid any attention to psi until the league went off the rails over a farts worth of air :2thumbs:

Sure did leave a stain though, didn't it.

yeah, goodell has been stained for sure :lol:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The HOF is already tarnished with Joe Namath in it.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
It's really unfortunate that the lying and cheating of Brady and Belichick have essentially made it impossible to evaluate the most visible faces and franchise of this era. How good was Brady? We'll never actually know. Of course they're going into the HoF -- the endless drumbeat of "greatest ever" has assured it.

But there's no way to really know how much was talent, "genius" and actual greatness and how much was cornball antics we've read so much about. The kind of cheating they have done isn't generally the kind of thing that wins you this game or that game. But it's a slow, grind-out advantage that turns 9-7 mediocre seasons into 10-6 wildcards, 10-6 wildcards into 11-5 division titles and 11-5 division titles into 12-4 first-week byes.

And this must be quite well know around the league. Otherwise, why would the NFL go after its own face, it's living breathing Great White Hope? Only if the other 31 owners were bitching about it incessantly.

Personally, I think if you paired Brady with a coach with actual scruples and put him in a division where he didn't get six byes a year for his entire career, you'd get a cuter, chin-dimpled version of Matt Hasselbeck. But I'm kind of a hater that way.

Mercifully, I don't care that much. The NFL deserves Brady and Brady deserves the NFL.

Threedee

Reaction score
pmedic920":3numi2x5 said:
Hawk-Lock":3numi2x5 said:
I totally disagree. You may not like him, but he deserves to be in the HOF. Whether he cheated or not, he is one of the greatest to ever play in the NFL. I could care less about deflategate. Most people forget that the actual deflategate game was against the awful Colts and the Pats could have beat them if they spotted them 2 TD's.

How great would he be if he hadn't cheated?

Is deflategate the only cheating that comes into play here?

Is only a little bit of cheating OK?

What's your take on Pete Rose?

Edit: or any player ever caught up in PEDs?

I support Pete Rose. Cheating taints the game. Gambling on your team to lose taints the game. Gambling on your team to win does not taint the game, although it invites lots of questions about your character, and Pete should have done everything he could to fight the impulse.

Personally, I have no problem with Brady going to the HOF. Belichick, who is culpable for a lot of foul play, including the home field bad faith antics, is a much easier man to question.