Hall of Fame : I have a question

Onyx

Reaction score
pmedic920":1qxc9h4k said:
c7636102f01431628e81aa2a89085a91.jpg

:{)

Even Joe Montana himself said he cheated. Said his lineman used to spray silicone on their jerseys until they got caught.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tom Brady shouldnt have to wait 5 years to be in the Hall of Fame. Put him in the day after he retires.

Deflategate is the most overinflated sports "scandal" in my lifetime. If it wasnt Tom Brady it would have been forgotten in a few days.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Wait a sec, should all players who get suspended for PEDs not be eligible for the HoF? How is that not cheating?

Should every Seahawks player not be eligible for the HoF because their team has repeatedly gotten punished for practice violations? How is that not cheating?

He's a first ballot hall of famer. Full stop.

NINEster

Reaction score
The Patriots/cheating debate is an interesting one.

However, it should not be started/riled up by a Seahawk fanbase.

Sorry.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
pmedic920":1mfk1hwq said:
chris98251":1mfk1hwq said:
Don't like him, can't deny he earned everything, air in balls and not cooperating is not about anything to do with his on the field accomplishments, on some levels you could say he was looking for an edge and an advantage, fine but both teams play with the same balls. If your looking at someone you should be looking at Belichek.

As far as using your moral compass in the sports world, should we remove everyone that drank, used pain killers, Adderall, been arrested for something, been in a domestic violence situation, as well.

I get so sick of people trying to impose their morals on everyone connected with Sports, they are entertainers, don't like them don't watch them, but their skills on the field are why they are a success, not their moral code, it's also why their team is a success in part. If so called people are offensive to people then the Front office, team are just as derelict as well, after all they either keep them or hired them as a employee in the first place so their Moral code must be questionable also.

So yes he should go in the Hall of Fame.

This ain't about MY morals.

This is about TBs morals, and the highest honor offered to NFL players.

My opinion is, that any player inducted should be held above reproach, and that a player that was suspended for cheating is not above reproach.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, that's why I'm asking what others think.

You're showing you have no morals, and aren't worthy to sniff Brady's jock strap.

These last 2 SB's are actually proof that he's never cheated at all. His and the team's performance have never varied from 2001, just win 80% year in and year out. If anything they're even better now. All your cheatin' theories are just so much jealous smoke. Look at the league office if you want to find a group of scummy cheating pos aholes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NINEster":miauns57 said:

Sorry.

Why not?

What fan base is worthy of initiating said argument then?

And Brady is a Hall of Famer... Deflate-gate is the dumbest incident i've ever sat through as a fan.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":219hqjkg said:
You're showing you have no morals, and aren't worthy to sniff Brady's jock strap.

These last 2 SB's are actually proof that he's never cheated at all. His and the team's performance have never varied from 2001, just win 80% year in and year out. If anything they're even better now. All your cheatin' theories are just so much jealous smoke. Look at the league office if you want to find a group of scummy cheating pos aholes.

Speaking of no morals...

While Deflate-gate was ridiculous, it did happen in the season (playoffs) that led to their Super Bowl appearance in the one previous to this.

So.. while you can argue the merits of the "scandal" and level of cheating, it is incorrect to say "the last 2 SB's are actually proof that he's never cheated" as he was accused and later suspended for "cheating" in the games prior to that game with the Seahawks.

So not sure if you are being purposefully naive or incidentally obtuse.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3mxi3i16 said:
50yrpatsfan":3mxi3i16 said:

Speaking of no morals...

While Deflate-gate was ridiculous, it did happen in the season (playoffs) that led to their Super Bowl appearance in the one previous to this.

So.. while you can argue the merits of the "scandal" and level of cheating, it is incorrect to say "the last 2 SB's are actually proof that he's never cheated" as he was accused and later suspended for "cheating" in the games prior to that game with the Seahawks.

So not sure if you are being purposefully naive or incidentally obtuse.

Yes it was the same year, so point taken. Football pressures didn't impact the Indy AFCC blowout win or the SB that year, we do know that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
"we" might. Many, many others do not. And since he, by definition, "cheated" it will always be a point of contention to many.

Still... 5 SBs. he's not just a hall of famer, he's the best of all time.

at 28-12 I shifted off of Atlanta and onto wanting to watch history. It was worth it.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":267qc216 said:
"we" might. Many, many others do not. And since he, by definition, "cheated" it will always be a point of contention to many.

at 28-12 I shifted off of Atlanta and onto wanting to watch history. It was worth it.

I would've done the same I think. It was great theater.

To NE fans, Spygate and Deflategate were very different. There was some rule breaking in the former. People can strongly disagree about the significance of it and the punishment for it, but there was an event at least. Belichick felt the wording of the rule allowed for what he did, fwiw.

Deflategate on the other hand was a case where the crime itself was never proven, there was a huge cloud of doubt that it ever happened. The league office lost its mind pursuing that, it was a crap case hinging entirely on vague texts from 8 months prior to the game. So when people accuse Brady of being a cheater it doesn't set well nor should it to any neutral fan.

NINEster

Reaction score
Uncle Si":37dmd2ex said:
NINEster":37dmd2ex said:

Sorry.

Why not?

And Brady is a Hall of Famer... Deflate-gate is the dumbest incident i've ever sat through as a fan.

I would start with Cleveland or Detroit maybe.

All the very elite franchises have the accusation.....whether there's truth to it or it's "hate".....they should stay out of the conversation. I won't go hunting for Belichick & Brady more out of principle reasons, and at the same time if the Walsh Niners weren't squeaky clean either, I'll just watch from my glass house.

As for Seahawks, yeah, they're not innocent either. We'll leave it at that.

chris98251

Reaction score
And Michael Jordon never traveled or palmed the ball in his ground breaking career. :)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NINEster":zh7c2we0 said:
Uncle Si":zh7c2we0 said:
NINEster":zh7c2we0 said:

Sorry.

Why not?

I would start with Cleveland or Detroit maybe.

All the very elite franchises have the accusation.....whether there's truth to it or it's "hate".....they should stay out of the conversation. I won't go hunting for Belichick & Brady more out of principle reasons, and at the same time if the Walsh Niners weren't squeaky clean either, I'll just watch from my glass house.

As for Seahawks, yeah, they're not innocent either. We'll leave it at that.

Subtle...

This is a dumb premise. By this logic you could essentially narrow every debate of every issue in the NFL (or sports) to a select few of "deserving" fans. Seems like your intent here is simply to take a shot at the Seahawks.

If Pete Carrol or Paul Allen started in on the Patriots that would be one thing. However, Fans can talk about whatever they want. If a Seahawks fan believes the Patriots cheated they should feel quite comfortable in stating that, regardless of what accusations may have befallen players on their team, as they have no responsibility nor accountability to consider with those players. Fans have nothing to do with the transgressions of the players on their team. They do not pick the players, they do not influence the players actions, play on the field and in the end are simply audience.

It would be silly for a Seahawk fan to question why a Patriots fan "supports cheaters." But it is the basic tenet of modern fandom to discuss the ongoings of the league, teams and players. NFL would not want it any other way.

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
I remember all the talk about Red Auerbach and what the Celtics supposedly did to other teams on a regular basis. Auerbach loved it. He got into everyones head without having to do anything. Belichick is in your heads. He loves it. Keep it up, and he'll keep right on winning.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":300kfuyt said:
Uncle Si":300kfuyt said:

I would've done the same I think. It was great theater.

To NE fans, Spygate and Deflategate were very different. There was some rule breaking in the former. People can strongly disagree about the significance of it and the punishment for it, but there was an event at least. Belichick felt the wording of the rule allowed for what he did, fwiw.

Deflategate on the other hand was a case where the crime itself was never proven, there was a huge cloud of doubt that it ever happened. The league office lost its mind pursuing that, it was a crap case hinging entirely on vague texts from 8 months prior to the game. So when people accuse Brady of being a cheater it doesn't set well nor should it to any neutral fan.

Reminds me of cases where a mafioso gets tried for several different major crimes all over the years and manages to get off each time. May not be convicted but you know he's guilty. Just stop with this crap.