Hard Knocks: LA Rams

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I wonder if ten years from now we'll think of Goff/Wentz like Manning/Leaf. Only the Rams took Leaf 1st overall this time.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33jobzuy said:
CodeWarrior":33jobzuy said:
I enjoy Hard Knocks regardless of the team. This season has been boring, though... Lack of personalities.

Yeah it's as bad as the Miami year, boring.

HBO should just do the Bengals every year, cause someone's always getting arrested.

I do think the Hawks would be great, what with so many personalities, but I understand why the good teams don't want that distraction.

The Miami year had the Chad Johnson flameout, which we got to see practically in real time. It made for good television but was a little disturbing at the same time, almost voyeuristic.

For my money the best season ever was 2010 with the Jets. Rex Ryan was made for a show like Hard Knocks.

The year they did Atlanta (2014) was amusing. That was Mike Smith's last year as coach and they were so blatantly trying to copy Seattle's approach it was pitiful. Was not the least bit surprised when Atlanta tanked and Smith got the ax after that season.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Watched the finale, and it pretty much summed up the entire season....average.

Not one memorable personality you will remember. Maybe William Hayes.

The beginning of the episode was interesting when Joyner was thinking about giving up on football.

RedAlice

Reaction score
This is the first time I've watched Hard Knocks. I was excited every Wednesday morning to watch it. I loved it.

But, I only liked it because I like everything about the Rams.

I could not imagine watching this show about any other team. Woulda been pretty boring to me if it was any other team.

I agree that there was really nothing too interesting to non-Rams fans.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC: I heard they are doing a second season of All or Nothing - team undeclared to the public though. I would probably watch this regardless of team and hopefully the second season is a little better than the first - but it's interesting to see how players handle the season with it's ups and downs.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":v9nnsdxx said:
Watched the finale, and it pretty much summed up the entire season....average.

Not one memorable personality you will remember. Maybe William Hayes.

The beginning of the episode was interesting when Joyner was thinking about giving up on football.

Goff looking horrible was also memorable.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Just finished All or Nothing. I was hesitant to watch it and re-live last season, but it's extremely well done. Cheers to Amazon, they put HBO to shame.

Good insight on the move, on Fisher, on the losing, and on the team through it all and then onto McVay.

First scene is Fisher telling the team he is fired.

Last words of the series: In the NFL nothing is guaranteed.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Read an article on (probably) ESPN that I was going to post but never got around to it. The part I found particularly funny was the "players" took the blame for Fisher's fining. But the only part in the article I read about that, was about the punter saying the team let him down and that they'll never be able to play for as great a coach again . . . . that would be their all-pro punter. I just found it funny that a) Fisher has an all-pro punter (because of course he does, probably saw the field almost as much as the quarterback!) and b) he has to get defended by his punter. His punter!

Jville

Reaction score
I didn't watch the show. Didn't need to .

The tweeted video clip below sums up the Fisher era.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/881585807949266944[/tweet]

Maulbert

Reaction score
HawkGA":1woa5vcq said:
Read an article on (probably) ESPN that I was going to post but never got around to it. The part I found particularly funny was the "players" took the blame for Fisher's fining. But the only part in the article I read about that, was about the punter saying the team let him down and that they'll never be able to play for as great a coach again . . . . that would be their all-pro punter. I just found it funny that a) Fisher has an all-pro punter (because of course he does, probably saw the field almost as much as the quarterback!) and b) he has to get defended by his punter. His punter!

That's the punter who's most famous for this shit:

[youtube]iKNbFShCC0Y[/youtube]

No wonder the little bitch liked Fisher.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Umm, I think he's most famous for being the best punter in the NFL (five years in he's a 4x All Pro), not for getting a stupid roughness penalty that everyone made fun of him for and laughed about.

In any case, four episodes into this, and so far it's just okay. They seem pretty allergic to digging into what's actually happening out of what I assume is a misbegotten effort to make the series more accessible to non-NFL fans.

I don't think Fisher is a good head coach in 2017, but I do respect him a tad more.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2liqfiix said:
Umm, I think he's most famous for being the best punter in the NFL (five years in he's a 4x All Pro), not for getting a stupid roughness penalty that everyone made fun of him for and laughed about.

In any case, four episodes into this, and so far it's just okay. They seem pretty allergic to digging into what's actually happening out of what I assume is a misbegotten effort to make the series more accessible to non-NFL fans.

I don't think Fisher is a good head coach in 2017, but I do respect him a tad more.

Hekker is a top of the line punter. And yes, 4x all pro.

Hawk fans hating on him doesn't change that, in fact it's funny that they get so worked up about a punter.

He's also funny and sweet. One of the best that will play this sport we love.

As much time as I've spent mad at and not liking Fisher, I did learn a lot about him in watching this. So happy he is out and onto the next though.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Anyone else finds it crazy that the Rams were on HBO and Amazon's reality TV shows?

RedAlice

Reaction score
sdog1981":34h0nbjz said:
Anyone else finds it crazy that the Rams were on HBO and Amazon's reality TV shows?

Same camera crew. Started w Hard Knocks, then led into All or Nothing. Amazon did a MUCH better job producing a show.

And no: the team was the first in a long time to move. They moved into a major market, and not only moved - they moved home to where they had been longer than the city they moved from.

All most on here think is that the Rams lose a lot. (Well, except to the Hawks :D ). There is much more to the Rams story than the last bit of losing.

It was no accident they were filming them. It does suck how bad the season went, but there were still many interesting story lines which are evident on the Amazon show.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":3vne67li said:
sdog1981":3vne67li said:

Same camera crew. Started w Hard Knocks, then led into All or Nothing. Amazon did a MUCH better job producing a show.

And no: the team was the first in a long time to move. They moved into a major market, and not only moved - they moved home to where they had been longer than the city they moved from.

All most on here think is that the Rams lose a lot. (Well, except to the Hawks :D ). There is much more to the Rams story than the last bit of losing.

It was no accident they were filming them. It does suck how bad the season went, but there were still many interesting story lines which are evident on the Amazon show.

Back about 45 years ago....a friend of mine was an L.A. Rams fan. Dunno what fan he is now....

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2imz5xux said:
RedAlice":2imz5xux said:
sdog1981":2imz5xux said:

Back about 45 years ago....a friend of mine was an L.A. Rams fan. Dunno what fan he is now....

If he stayed Rams, he suffered.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":35gj6dkx said:
sdog1981":35gj6dkx said:

To be fair, there's not much time for Hard Knocks to produce, as they come out during camp. They've had all year to do All or Nothing (heavy on the Nothing). I am looking forward to watching it though, and I'm really glad the Rams are back where they belong.

I hate the Cards, but I enjoyed the show last year. Made me hate their coach even more. He looks like a tomato with glasses.