Hard Knocks Seattle?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
So! I understand that we've been immune to being on Hard Knocks due to being pirrenial (sp) playoff teams. Does this year mean that the NFL gets to force us to be on Hard Knocks next training camp?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Gotta miss the playoffs twice consecutively to be eligible to be forced to participate, unfortunately.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I have no idea how any of that works. Do teams not have a say about it as to whether they agree to participate or not?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":y27u6czp said:
I have no idea how any of that works. Do teams not have a say about it as to whether they agree to participate or not?

You have the right to refuse if your team has a first year coach, has made the playoffs in the past 2 years, or has been on Hard Knocks in the decade prior.

Otherwise, the league can force a team to be the subject of Hard Knocks that year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":qin8c7gc said:
pittpnthrs":qin8c7gc said:

You have the right to refuse if your team has a first year coach, has made the playoffs in the past 2 years, or has been on Hard Knocks in the decade prior.

Otherwise, the league can force a team to be the subject of Hard Knocks that year.

Thats terrible man. What a distraction.

sutz

Reaction score
Never watched it, probably never will. Hate the idea of the Hawks doing it.

James in PA

Reaction score
Hard Knocks gives me the same vibe as playing games overseas. I don't want the Hawks involved in that crap. Leave that stuff for teams like Jacksonville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
Granted I've never watched the Hard Knocks series but why the animosity towards it? Is it just the distraction?

As for the Hawks playing overseas......it's currently the easiest way for me to see them if they come to London :)

flv

Reaction score
Teams can volunteer to be on the potential team list that the TV company can choose from. Very few teams volunteer. Even if the Seahawks did volunteer it is unlikely they would be picked.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I enjoy Hard Knocks its a better version of what we all loved about the Real Rob Report. That being said Seahawks have never had to do Hard Knocks better and other teams have had to it more than once. If/When the time comes for the Seahawks, I mean they'd be due and being required to make the playoffs at least every other year to decline it seems like a decent motivation to me.

sutz

Reaction score
AlbaHawk":3lkphcnt said:
Granted I've never watched the Hard Knocks series but why the animosity towards it? Is it just the distraction?

As for the Hawks playing overseas......it's currently the easiest way for me to see them if they come to London :)
1. I hate "reality TV" in general. Very few of them have been watchable. And yes, I hate the idea of the distraction to the team.

2. From Seattle, it's a 10-12 hour flight. More than double than from New York. We already travel more than any team in the league. One trip to London is like adding two trips to the East Coast.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
sutz":33823cb8 said:
AlbaHawk":33823cb8 said:

2. From Seattle, it's a 10-12 hour flight. More than double than from New York. We already travel more than any team in the league. One trip to London is like adding two trips to the East Coast.

The players get paid millions of dollars to play a game and every other team has to deal with this once every few seasons as well. I dunno, I think it's fair when it happens. Plus it helps bring American football to Europe and/or serve the fans living abroad a chance to catch their favorite team once every few years. I believe they fly about 4-5 days early as well. I just got back from 24 hours of flying (actual flight time) myself over the holidays, the jet lag adjusted in about 2 days and I'm not a young professional athlete.

JGreen79

Reaction score
flv":298yy644 said:
Teams can volunteer to be on the potential team list that the TV company can choose from. Very few teams volunteer. Even if the Seahawks did volunteer it is unlikely they would be picked.

I would think the network would trip over themselves to select Seattle right now. Pete Carroll's energy and having Russ, on the team could potentially be a reality TV gold mine.

I hope they don't do hard knocks, it's big distraction and really provides no benefit to the team itself.

Jville

Reaction score
As a presumed avenue for insight, I think there are better avenues.

It's reality inspired with fictional twists.

As a form of entertainment, I think it highly over rated.

Useful only for those who have time to kill and nothing better to do.

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't want it to happen either. The question was inspired by an ad for the show, but I didn't know any requirements except that being in the playoffs every year has been keeping us out of that shitshow.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’ve seen Hard Knocks for the past several seasons and think, what’s so bad about Seattle doing it?

Seattle doesn’t exactly disguise their play calls and teams know exactly how Seattle likes to play with Pete Carroll.

It definitely will not hurt them scheme wise.

What’s a little more marketing for them?

The Cowboys were in Hard Knocks and they are playing excellent this season.

I’d like to see the Seahawks do Hard Knocks.

It may light a fire up Carroll’s bleep to do better.

Gotta do something different!

I’m all for Hard Knocks Seahawks 2022!

ryank24

Reaction score
sutz":1w59ixf3 said:
AlbaHawk":1w59ixf3 said:

1. I hate "reality TV" in general. Very few of them have been watchable. And yes, I hate the idea of the distraction to the team.

It's actually less than 10 hours to fly from Seattle to London, and it's about 7 hours to fly from New York to London. So it's not even close to double the travel time. Seattle might look twice as far away from London if you look at a map, but you don't fly east across the country to get there, you fly north/northeast.

For comparison, it's actually a longer flight for the Jaguars to get to London than it is for the Hawks to get there.

I agree that I'd rather the Hawks not play there and add even more travel time to their schedule. But it's not quite as drastic as that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
HawksnDawgs35":1jri0aap said:
Maelstrom787":1jri0aap said:
Gotta miss the playoffs twice consecutively to be eligible to be forced to participate, unfortunately.

So 2023 then?

Probably not, but whatever helps you carve out your own little shtick I guess.

chris98251

Reaction score
With Covid and all that and mostly Zoom type meetings and walk through's Hard Knocks would be a lot less intriguing and the distraction a lot less, get it out of the way.