Hass - Ring of Honor

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/matt-hasselbeck-enters-seahawks-ring-of-honor

He mentioned it on the latest 710 broadcast - he's pretty excited about it it sounds!

I'm sure everyone here thinks it's a great thing - well, fairly sure everyone does.

Thanks Matt. Please just keep being awesome!

Honestly - the more 710 episodes I listen to - just makes me love the guy again.

:0190l:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Very cool guy. When the stadium was just built but not open to the public yet I got to do a walk thru and up walked Hasselbeck and we must have chatted for about 10 minutes. One of my favorite all-time Seahawks personalities for sure, and a great quarterback!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Very cool guy. When the stadium was just built but not open to the public yet I got to do a walk thru and up walked Hasselbeck and we must have chatted for about 10 minutes. One of my favorite all-time Seahawks personalities for sure, and a great quarterback!
I have a similar story . I ran into Matt Hasselbeck after a game in New Orleans pre Katrina . Chopped it up for 5-10 minutes right after his press conference. I luckily had my #8 jersey on instead of my Trufant so I think he liked that haha.

He was a very nice guy and seemed "normal" like a dude from your home town. I already liked him but this put him in my favorite category. One day I'll have to post the long version as it's kinda funny. He's still one of my all time Seahawks.

Love #8.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's cool man! Yeah, at the time, Hasselbeck had been struggling coming in for Dilfer, and he was kind of bummed, I could sense it. He missed home a bit but I remember telling him that we knew he was our future franchise QB, and he would share in some of the greatest memories in this new stadium one day. He seemed to perk up. Definitely down to earth and funny guy!

morgulon1

Reaction score
That's cool man! Yeah, at the time, Hasselbeck had been struggling coming in for Dilfer, and he was kind of bummed, I could sense it. He missed home a bit but I remember telling him that we knew he was our future franchise QB, and he would share in some of the greatest memories in this new stadium one day. He seemed to perk up. Definitely down to earth and funny guy!
That was some prophecy!!

When he and that offense were clicking , no one could hang with them. He was in my very humble opinion top 3 for a 3-4 year run . Take away all the dropped passes and he's top 2 . When I met him I told him "'Im obviously not a scout or coach but as a fan thought he threw one of the best/catchable balls in the league." I think he genuinely
Appreciated it and I meant it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure he did! Yeah, I definitely had a gut feeling I wasn't just blowin' smoke to him. I had a true good feeling about him and I was thrilled to see it come to fruition.

He should have a SB ring though. 😡

Mix

Reaction score
2nd best QB in Hawks history, and the first to take us to the SB. Well deserved.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'm sure he did! Yeah, I definitely had a gut feeling I wasn't just blowin' smoke to him. I had a true good feeling about him and I was thrilled to see it come to fruition.

He should have a SB ring though. 😡
That was fun watching him develop with Mike Holmgren. Took his lumps like a man and was a leader. I don't know , I just liked him. This might sound sacrilegious to some, but I like him better than #3.

Still do.

NoGain

Reaction score
I assume that is a tip of the cap to Hasselbeck's pet peeve about people saying anything past 100% not being possible?

If so, well played!
Yeah, sometimes that above 100% thing peeves me a bit. We're addicted to hyperbole, it seems. The most I've heard is 10,000%. Have you heard any higher than that? LOL

But on the other side of the equation, who's really going to be honest about such a thing? Yeah, I gave about a 75-80% effort in that game.

TraderGary

Reaction score
One of my favorite all-time Seahawks. Really happy for him and well deserved. And I agree that he should have a SB ring and possibly even SB MVP.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Hass has always been one of my favorite Hawk personalities, seems like a down to earth guy and well liked by his teammates. The year he posted in 2005 was one of, if not the best, season a Seahawk QB has ever registered IMO.

I consider Hasselbeck the Seahawks' third-best (in the sense of total value generated on the field as a Seahawk) QB ever, but I agree that Hasselbeck's 2005 was the best season a Seahawks QB has ever had. I put Wilson and Krieg ahead of Hasselbeck in terms of what they did on the field overall in their time with the Seahawks, but I get that there are decent arguments for switching second and third place.

2005 was a crazy year. Hasselbeck's season was better than any single Krieg or Wilson season when comparing to the rest of the league at the time, but as great as it was, it was probably about third-best in the NFL that year. Manning's 2005 was clearly better than Hasselbeck's, and I think Palmer's was slightly better. Rapelisberger was probably about as efficient as Hasselbeck, but played a quarter of a season less. Brady was not even all that close to being as good as Hasselbeck that year, but that was when Brady was in his 20s and was a good-but-not-great QB and known as a "game manager." It wasn't until two seasons later that Brady started having Peyton Manning-level seasons.