Hate to lose, but kind of glad we did...

justafan

Reaction score
semiahmoo":191pfig8 said:
dbsn2420":191pfig8 said:
I hate that we lost, but am hopeful for the future. In looking back at the whole year, it just didn't feel right, too much up and down play... inconsistent, sloppy, too many major injuries.

I think the best we can hope for is that Pete and John take this as a wake up call and make the necessary changes to get that edge back and get back on top!

Exactly. Pete needs to finally be willing to shake the tree. His legacy is at stake.

Clean at least a few rooms in the house, beg RW to find his swagger, and see if we can make a legit run at something next season. Otherwise, PC is done in Seattle. If we have another season like this one, he's out of here IMO.

Are you cowboy from the old Seattle times forum

SeaChickN

Reaction score
I seriously don't get this kind of thinking. Is this an example of "everybody gets a trophy"? Yay, we participated! Do you know how hard it is to even win one game in the NFL? Next year, we all start off with zero wins again, and fight and claw back to try to be one of 6 NFC teams in the playoffs. All the other teams are trying to do the same thing. Meanwhile, everyone on the team now gets older. I get older!

They were close THIS year. They blew it. No I'm not glad they lost. Ugh.

hoxrox

Reaction score
It's a team sport. We didn't lose because of perceived leadership issues with one player.

This thread is stupid. from a troll posing as a fan

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Aircrew":2zbq5i5q said:
semiahmoo":2zbq5i5q said:
Thepeelsessions":2zbq5i5q said:
Nice post. Love the washing machine parable, as it fits Russ to a tee. He definitely needs to learn how to lead. Always saying the same ole things like "the separation's in the preparation", "we're just taking it one game at a time, one day at a time", and "I just told the guys, you gotta believe, don't give up". I mean that stuff is good I guess, but it all seems fluffy. He needs to own this team and command respect, which he doesnt. What is he, 28 years old now? He should have this figured out by now. He needs to be the alpha dog.

ALPHA - that's it.

RW does not have that Alpha vibe - and it's causing all this other sideshow crap. It's even possible there are some on the team who have come to despise RW.

Would a Tom Brady allow that kind of attitude? Or an Aaron Rodgers? Or any of the other top-tier "franchise" QB's???

Hell no. They would lay down the law, and then if the problems persists, tell the GM to send the problem packing to another team or else.

That's what franchise players do. They demand respect and kick ass if they don't get it.

RW is being exposed right now for the crutch that was a talent like Marshawn Lynch when Russel came into the league. ML was the offense - not Russ. And ML intimidated the hell out of RW. The guys pick up on that. They liked Russ, they respected his skill, but they didn't necessarily respect him. He wasn't the Alpha that having that kind of respect in the NFL requires.

The quiet, work hard, "let's go guys!" player is not a leader in this league. Too many egos, too many alphas, and the Hawks are stacked with alpha egos.

Russ needs his own coming to Jesus moment regarding how he wants the second half of his career to play out. If he wants to truly assume the responsibility of franchise QB, he needs to start acting the part.

Get tough. Get pissed. And demand better from everyone from the Front Office on down.

I would have to agree with your take. This team needs a clear leader that sets the tone, Russell needs to do it, and right now it doesn't appear he is. Following Marshawn is a tough act to follow, but RW needs to do some introspective analysis and analyze what he defines a leader to be. Going to be a long and interesting offseason.

Thank you, Nice to hear from someone who doesn't start to yell, "NOT A FAN!!!" when opinions are raised regarding the direction this team needs to go to improve. I was among some who said upon watching the Hawks closely during Training Camp that something was off about them. There were no health issues, then. No media disclosures regarding sideline/locker room issues - but there were those of us who saw it playing out way back then.

Pete was different. RW showed up bigger and slower. The O-Line looked confused/apathetic. And Sherman was sort of withdrawn for much of the time, among others who appeared similar.

Yeah, the music was blaring, Pete would sometimes go into his clapping, "Let's go!" routine, but the whole environment felt kind of stale, played out, and very tired.

The 2016 season was an extension of that Training Camp.

The off-season is already upon us. Hold on for a bumpy ride...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It's not going to be any bumpier than other offseasons. A draft and a few additions and subtraction from the roster. Offensive line will be addressed.

I see Cable is in the running for the Niners job as well as our right hand man to Schneider, so we could see some movement there.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3473hz9j said:
dbsn2420":3473hz9j said:
I hate that we lost, but am hopeful for the future. In looking back at the whole year, it just didn't feel right, too much up and down play... inconsistent, sloppy, too many major injuries.

I think the best we can hope for is that Pete and John take this as a wake up call and make the necessary changes to get that edge back and get back on top!

Exactly. Pete needs to finally be willing to shake the tree. His legacy is at stake.

Clean at least a few rooms in the house, beg RW to find his swagger, and see if we can make a legit run at something next season. Otherwise, PC is done in Seattle. If we have another season like this one, he's out of here IMO.

Zero chance if we win our division to make the playoffs and win a playoff game that Pete is gone. That is ridiculous.

I do think that Pete has serious issues with his coaches though. We are winning the division and consistently making playoffs because of the team atmosphere he has built, and the talent him and John have drafted, purchased, traded for and developed. We are getting beat in the playoffs and in the regular season because our gameplans are horrible. They do not even come close to utilizing the talent effectively or recognize and expose opposing teams weaknesses.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I pray it's a bumpy offseason as winning the crappy NFC West with nothing more next year won't cut it. Probably won't happen but at least I can imagine Bevell getting fired and that has some value

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Matt Ryan dismantled our defense, yet I can't imagine him losing it with the "alpha dog" rant if they lose.

pmedic920

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2zextkta said:
Aircrew":2zextkta said:
semiahmoo":2zextkta said:
Thepeelsessions":2zextkta said:
Nice post. Love the washing machine parable, as it fits Russ to a tee. He definitely needs to learn how to lead. Always saying the same ole things like "the separation's in the preparation", "we're just taking it one game at a time, one day at a time", and "I just told the guys, you gotta believe, don't give up". I mean that stuff is good I guess, but it all seems fluffy. He needs to own this team and command respect, which he doesnt. What is he, 28 years old now? He should have this figured out by now. He needs to be the alpha dog.

ALPHA - that's it.

RW does not have that Alpha vibe - and it's causing all this other sideshow crap. It's even possible there are some on the team who have come to despise RW.

Would a Tom Brady allow that kind of attitude? Or an Aaron Rodgers? Or any of the other top-tier "franchise" QB's???

Hell no. They would lay down the law, and then if the problems persists, tell the GM to send the problem packing to another team or else.

That's what franchise players do. They demand respect and kick ass if they don't get it.

RW is being exposed right now for the crutch that was a talent like Marshawn Lynch when Russel came into the league. ML was the offense - not Russ. And ML intimidated the hell out of RW. The guys pick up on that. They liked Russ, they respected his skill, but they didn't necessarily respect him. He wasn't the Alpha that having that kind of respect in the NFL requires.

The quiet, work hard, "let's go guys!" player is not a leader in this league. Too many egos, too many alphas, and the Hawks are stacked with alpha egos.

Russ needs his own coming to Jesus moment regarding how he wants the second half of his career to play out. If he wants to truly assume the responsibility of franchise QB, he needs to start acting the part.

Get tough. Get pissed. And demand better from everyone from the Front Office on down.

I would have to agree with your take. This team needs a clear leader that sets the tone, Russell needs to do it, and right now it doesn't appear he is. Following Marshawn is a tough act to follow, but RW needs to do some introspective analysis and analyze what he defines a leader to be. Going to be a long and interesting offseason.

Thank you, Nice to hear from someone who doesn't start to yell, "NOT A FAN!!!" when opinions are raised regarding the direction this team needs to go to improve. I was among some who said upon watching the Hawks closely during Training Camp that something was off about them. There were no health issues, then. No media disclosures regarding sideline/locker room issues - but there were those of us who saw it playing out way back then.

Pete was different. RW showed up bigger and slower. The O-Line looked confused/apathetic. And Sherman was sort of withdrawn for much of the time, among others who appeared similar.

Yeah, the music was blaring, Pete would sometimes go into his clapping, "Let's go!" routine, but the whole environment felt kind of stale, played out, and very tired.

Hey semi, one of the things you should remember is, opinion doesn't equal fact.
You stated your opinion but you are defending it as though it were fact.
Some opinions are popular, some aren't but everyone is welcome to theirs.
When you state that something "needs" to happen, some folks are going to disagree no matter what it is.

Take a good look at the things you've been posting, not only in this tread but your body of work.
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but even I have noticed a theme.
You're only going to be able to post so many unpopular opinions before people start to question your motivation.
You're absolutely welcome to your opinion but keep in mind, opinion is not necessarily fact, and others are welcome to theirs.
You and I don't know each other, the only thing we have to base an opinion of one another on is, what we read here in a few lines of text. This holds true for the vast majority of the membership.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1yekz7rd said:
This team needs a shake up on many-many levels.

Some in here, myself included, have been warning the Hawks felt too much like pretenders out there. They had guys who knew how to win, but all the pieces weren't falling into place. There was obvious sideline tension, some at times horribly incompetent play-calling, clock management, O'Line woes, Russel Wilson brain farts, etc.

No way no how was this a SB-contending team. Perhaps early on they might have been on paper, but not where it counts - in their heart. Something was missing. Seattle fans who were being honest and paying attention, knew that. We had witnessed teams with superior heart and soul who thumped on opponents, clawed back from challenge, and won when it counted most.

Seahawks version 2016 never felt like that kind of team.

After the win last week, we hoped maybe somehow, the on again off again nature of the Hawks this year would sort itself out, but against a superior team like Atlanta, that's a long-shot - and if we're being honest here, we knew it, didn't we?

RW does not lead this team IMO. He's too quiet, too willing to try and lead by example, but that just doesn't work over the long haul in this league. If you are to be a franchise QB, you have to walk it like you have the biggest set of brass ones on the planet. You have to demand performance at the highest level, and if the team doesn't give you that, you let them know. RW is too passive, to damn nice, and that weakness has been exposed in the post-Marshawn era.

That's not to say Wilson isn't an amazing talent who individually, works and prepares harder than most. My washing machine works hard too, but that doesn't mean it has the respect of the other appliances. If the Hawks are to grow beyond this rather muddled season we've had, it starts with RW, extends to the coaching staff (GTFO Bevel - PLEASE)and from there, some key positions on both offense and defense.

Yes, the team suffered some critical injuries late in the season, but by then it was already a season the felt ready to topple at any moment. We crawled into the playoffs, and other teams knew it. The Hawks haven't been feared by opposing teams for the last couple of seasons.

I hope we can change that. Seattle fans have been spoiled for a while now, and that's fine by me.

Find a way to keep spoiling us Hawks. Make some changes.
:roll:

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seymour":277gpei2 said:
The whole shake up thing only really works if we lose to the Lions....just sayin.

Agree w/that to a point. But we did get our ass handed to us via Atlanta, so at the very least, a few good shakes or two are in order IMO.

Starting with Bevell.

Bevell

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":bopl5zjs said:
Aircrew":bopl5zjs said:
semiahmoo":bopl5zjs said:
Thepeelsessions":bopl5zjs said:
ALPHA - that's it.

:2thumbs:

Hey semi, one of the things you should remember is, opinion doesn't equal fact.
You stated your opinion but you are defending it as though it were fact.
Some opinions are popular, some aren't but everyone is welcome to theirs.
When you state that something "needs" to happen, some folks are going to disagree no matter what it is.

Take a good look at the things you've been posting, not only in this tread but your body of work.
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but even I have noticed a theme.
You're only going to be able to post so many unpopular opinions before people start to question your motivation.
You're absolutely welcome to your opinion but keep in mind, opinion is not necessarily fact, and others are welcome to theirs.
You and I don't know each other, the only thing we have to base an opinion of one another on is, what we read here in a few lines of text. This holds true for the vast majority of the membership.

Thank you

Atradees

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the only reason we were in anything this year. I can't blame him for imagined leadership deficite.

We needed a better defense then teams don't score more points than us.

I always want to win.

If we had a star DT, Matt Ryan wouldn't beat us.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Atradees":3aoqpph4 said:
Russell Wilson is the only reason we were in anything this year. I can't blame him for imagined leadership deficite.

We needed a better defense then teams don't score more points than us.

I always want to win.

If we had a star DT, Matt Ryan wouldn't beat us.

Not so sure about that.

Atlanta was dominant on both sides of the ball.

Hawks' 2016 offense was middling. Rush game was horrible.

Agree w/you that our defense doesn't inspire much fear anymore, though our D stats rank higher than our offense, but takeaways were way down which was a hallmark of our great D teams of the past.

Teams have adjusted.

We have not.

Bevell sucks.