Have Teams Found Ways to Counter the Noise at The CLINK?

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hawks46":3f4bd4gu said:
This is why our pass rush is so good at home. When you have easy tells, it alleviates things like the hard count, long count, and such. Our gets get better explosion knowing when the snap is going to happen.

Rams were getting a ton of first downs passing at the Clink, however. I rewatched the second half and Hill rarely had difficulty finding his receivers, oftentimes for 10+ yards. When the game ended, Rams had 13 first downs via the pass and Seahawks had 9. It's a good thing Hill, ET, and Wagner made the stops they did.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The Green Bay game was every bit as loud as any game last year or years prior. After that game it all kind of went south there for a while. When you win a Superbowl fans arent going to get up as much because of that climactic feeling they had the year prior. Once the Prime time games were stripped from the Clink that also didn't help as we are used to carrying momentum from week to week. Starting with the game at Philly I felt like the fans started getting more and more amped with each win to finish off the regular season. I expect the pitch and roar to be deafening for this playoff run with as much, if not more consistent intensity than last year. After two weeks off the fans lucky enough to attend the game will be ready to release carnage.

Also, now that the monkey is off our back fans can really honestly root without apprehension because it's now known that WE CAN WIN as we ACTUALLY did win last year. This isnt a pipe dream anymore, we aren't cursed, this can be done and the clink will not let them go out without an absolute fight. I feel sorry for whoever comes here if we get past the divisional round because either Dallas or Green Bay are in for it!

TXHawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":2x295gj9 said:
Crowd noise isn't just about false starts.

It's about confusion...hard to relay information at the line of scrimmage. Causes chaos and forces hand signals. Hand signals are harder to decipher than audible signals. When there's confusion there's delay of games, missed assignments, and time outs you don't want to take.

It's about get off....notice how our pass rush is much much more dominant at home? There's a reason for that and it's not getting energy from freshly brewed Seattle coffee.

Forcing False starts is the least valuable advantage imo

This.

Anyway, it's only a matter of time before the NFL allows all players to have speakers in their helmets so they can hear the signals. Seattle's home field advantage has to annoy the hell out of the rest of the owners. It's coming.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Ruminator":8t3lu2z0 said:
Hawks46":8t3lu2z0 said:
This is why our pass rush is so good at home. When you have easy tells, it alleviates things like the hard count, long count, and such. Our gets get better explosion knowing when the snap is going to happen.

Rams were getting a ton of first downs passing at the Clink, however. I rewatched the second half and Hill rarely had difficulty finding his receivers, oftentimes for 10+ yards. When the game ended, Rams had 13 first downs via the pass and Seahawks had 9. It's a good thing Hill, ET, and Wagner made the stops they did.

They had a solid game plan and were running guys underneath the zone. We tend to give a bit in those situations because I think Pete believes it's very difficult for teams to maintain drives like that against this D. That plan worked great for the Hawks on Sunday.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The more important time to get loud isn't when they're at the line of scrimmage. It's most important during the play call to the QB. A play call like this can mean a greatly different thing with one or two words missing. That's where you get disruptive plays, fumbles and turnovers.

"Gun duece right void, java right, thrasher domino flat"

We need to start getting loud earlier.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Just because they have adapted to it doesn't mean that playing with those adaptations is optimal. If the silent count was equally effective to traditional cadences, then opposing teams would start running silent count at their home stadiums. Just because we aren't causing as many false starts etc doesn't mean we aren't negatively effecting their game.

- bsd RPA

BocciHawk

Reaction score
To the PP, I've definitely seen more delay of game penalties recently than is normal, and I also see the visiting team burning timeouts to get a new play call in. These are absolutely game changing and in some ways even better than a false start penalty. I LOVE it when the opponent has to call a time out to avoid a delay of game penalty, or the center snaps the ball at 00 when the QB isn't really ready, often leading to sacks or fumbles...