Hawkblogger: 10 Kam Chancellor trade scenarios

kearly

Reaction score
I have nothing against Hawkblogger.

It does seem like a strange post though, given that Pete Carroll stated publicly in the past couple weeks that Kam is going to be here for "a long, long time." I'd be pretty shocked if Kam were traded.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It is interesting how one's brain can "freewheel" after the season's end. For me, the team of Pete and John have done their utmost to make the Seahawks the best team in the NFL. They spend countless hours going over the various scenarios.....and will continue to do so. They love this team as much as we fans. They are well aware that you cannot please every fan. They understand that with each player move there is a risk. As we were made well aware of this year, injured players can be determining factor in the Playoff scenerio. I can see Pete and John sitting down with Kam and his agent to determine what Kam really wants. They want a happy Kam if he desires to stay in Seattle.....and I expect that decision to take 30-60 days.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'd take deals 5, 7, and 8 in a heartbeat.

5: Dallas should throw in a 6th. Frederick is a stud of a center. This was Russ' center during his time at Wisconsin. Great pairing.

7: This is actually my third choice. I think Fluker has been sort of inconsistent so far, but he is a future star tackle.

8. If Kam is traded for a straight up pick, a third is most likely going to be the highest. No way it's any more than that. This gets the Hawks three third rounders, which sounds great. John can do a lot of damage in different ways with those three picks.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Soooo if the Skins offered Pierre Garcon and paid 1/2 his remaining salary for Kam straight up would you do it?

With Kearse possibly leaving, I might be tempted by it. :thirishdrinkers:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17f66wpx said:
I think the Hawks are going to take a pretty simple approach to Kam this off season............and that's tell them they're fine with him coming back for the 4M he's set to make this year. But that if he's not and is going to be a hold out distraction for as big contract then we'll have no choice but to trade him for a draft pick........
I agree 100%, and my guess is he's ultimately moved for a draft pick most of us think isn't high enough. I'd love a third but expect it'll be no better than a fourth and maybe even a fifth.

I'd love to be wrong and would love to see him back and playing like the Kam of 2013 & 2014.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1zth1r1p said:

5: Dallas should throw in a 6th. Frederick is a stud of a center. This was Russ' center during his time at Wisconsin. Great pairing.

7: This is actually my third choice. I think Fluker has been sort of inconsistent so far, but he is a future star tackle.

8. If Kam is traded for a straight up pick, a third is most likely going to be the highest. No way it's any more than that. This gets the Hawks three third rounders, which sounds great. John can do a lot of damage in different ways with those three picks.

I will go with "Kam is going to be here for a long, long time." If Pete had meant anything else, he would have been more ambiguous than that.

peppersjap

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1wte1wmx said:
Thepeelsessions":1wte1wmx said:

I will go with "Kam is going to be here for a long, long time." If Pete had meant anything else, he would have been more ambiguous than that.
I'm sure that statement is based on the thought that Kam will honor his contract. If he does I would definitely bring him back. Kam being voted to the Pro Bowl this year was a joke, he missed 5 games and outside of a couple of outstanding plays he had his worst year. His reputation was built because he was an enforcer and people feared him. I don't remember any big hits this year (which I'm pretty sure he realized was also physically hurting himself). if Kam wants to hold out again he needs to be traded or flat out cut. He was the biggest disruption to the team this year. I get hold outs but not so early in your contract. Kam was my favorite Hawk and I still hope he stays but no longer feel the same about him.

Latest posts