hawks need to use saints WR formula

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
CPHawk":1khhpoqr said:
First time I've seen him at this year, but ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief looked like someone we should target. 6'3 225 with 4.4 speed. He looked great yesterday.
Yeah, good mention. I looked at this guy for the first time about a month ago and he looks intriguing. Not sure yet, but I imagine he could be in the mix of the bigger WR's they'll take a look at. My younger son (a knowledgeable football player himself) said the Hawks should draft Moncrief because he's awesome.
I'm interested to watch Jared Abbrederis play tomorrow in the Florida Citrus Bowl. He's a very productive player with a great attitude. He's as close to a can't miss prospect as players can get, imo. I think he would be the ideal choice (projected in the 2-3 round now, but could rise during evaluations), but what do I know? ;)

CPHawk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3vp5i83r said:
CPHawk":3vp5i83r said:
First time I've seen him at this year, but ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief looked like someone we should target. 6'3 225 with 4.4 speed. He looked great yesterday.
Yeah, good mention. I looked at this guy for the first time about a month ago and he looks intriguing. Not sure yet, but I imagine he could be in the mix of the bigger WR's they'll take a look at. My younger son (a knowledgeable football player himself) said the Hawks should draft Moncrief because he's awesome.
I'm interested to watch Jared Abbrederis play tomorrow in the Florida Citrus Bowl. He's a very productive player with a great attitude. He's as close to a can't miss prospect as players can get, imo. I think he would be the ideal choice (projected in the 2-3 round now, but could rise during evaluations), but what do I know? ;)

They said he is the fastest player on The team, so he might be faster than 4.4 even.

cover-2

Reaction score
IMO the two best big WR that are great jump ball WR are Florida St K.B. and Arizona St Jaelen Strong, but they have not declared yet. One of my favorite WR in the draft, outside of Kelvin Benjamin, is Saginaw Valley State University WR Jeff Janis. Janis is a WR that we have mentioned before and that I find highly intriguing. He is 6-3 218 lbs., he has good quickness and speed. Small school stud that could be had somewhere in the first three rounds.

[youtube]7dNdDnMNvi4[/youtube]

[youtube]Kx3iUkmS8bU[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
Saginaw Valley State University WR Jeff Janis, we have seen what competition from there translates to the NFL, he had better have freak numbers to consider him.

cover-2

Reaction score
chris98251":24926zh4 said:
Saginaw Valley State University WR Jeff Janis, we have seen what competition from there translates to the NFL, he had better have freak numbers to consider him.

Scouts have to look under every rock to find NFL prospect, be it the Canadian Football League (Brandon Browner and Cameron Wake) or Division II schools (WR Vincent Jackson, OG Jahri Evans, OT Jared Veldheer).

Level of competition always has to be considered in evaluating prospects, which is why Janis is not a 1st round prospect. Had he put up his big stats in a conference like the Pac-12 then he would be a household name. There are only two players from Division II schools playing in the Senior Bowl and Janis is one of the two, so he is defiantly high on NFL scouting radars. Janis has the production, size at 6-3 218 lbs., and he supposedly runs a 4.40 or even 4.3 40-yard. The Senior Bowl practices and the game itself will give Janis a great opportunity to show scouts how well he can play against the best college football players in the nation. I'm hoping that he is the real deal and blows everyone away during Senior Bowl week, the more proven WR talent in this year's draft the better for the Seahawks.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I think the Hawks need a legit big body WR, who isn't just a possession guy. Part of the reason the OL has struggled is because we don't have threats on the perimeter which allows the defense to focus more on the LOS.

I love Golden and Baldwin, but they do not require game planning. They are damn good players, but they just don't propose a legitimate threat on the perimeter.

I think some of you will be amazed about the progress the OL makes this post season if/when Harvin gets on the field. Even with Harvin, I still think we owe it to RW and his development to get him a bigger body, legit #1/2 WR.

I still think we need another good OL, but chances are we can get a premiere WR in the 1st round, as opposed to looking at a 2nd round talent at OL (at the same pick). OL always gets over drafted, while positions like WR fall a little more. Take advantage of that and help out our young, soon to be elite QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
cover-2":35jt6efn said:
chris98251":35jt6efn said:

Scouts have to look under every rock to find NFL prospect, be it the Canadian Football League (Brandon Browner and Cameron Wake) or Division II schools (WR Vincent Jackson, OG Jahri Evans, OT Jared Veldheer).

Level of competition always has to be considered in evaluating prospects, which is why Janis is not a 1st round prospect. Had he put up his big stats in a conference like the Pac-12 then he would be a household name. There are only two players from Division II schools playing in the Senior Bowl and Janis is one of the two, so he is defiantly high on NFL scouting radars. Janis has the production, size at 6-3 218 lbs., and he supposedly runs a 4.40 or even 4.3 40-yard. The Senior Bowl practices and the game itself will give Janis a great opportunity to show scouts how well he can play against the best college football players in the nation. I'm hoping that he is the real deal and blows everyone away during Senior Bowl week, the more proven WR talent in this year's draft the better for the Seahawks.

Just hoping we don't have a Lamar King again.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Watching the vid of Janis,I'm not feeling what others are,I notice he doesn't seperate from coverage and yet he's supposed to have this 4.3 speed?He also seems easy to tackle..I'll give him props for good hands but I can't see more than a possesion type wr out of him..Def wouldn't draft him higher than 4-5th rd..If even that sorry...

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Janis will be one to watch in the Senior Bowl. He'll match up with better competition there.

cover-2

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1w5ye75k said:
Watching the vid of Janis,I'm not feeling what others are,I notice he doesn't seperate from coverage and yet he's supposed to have this 4.3 speed?He also seems easy to tackle..I'll give him props for good hands but I can't see more than a possesion type wr out of him..Def wouldn't draft him higher than 4-5th rd..If even that sorry...

It's waaay too early to be giving prospects final draft grades especially the small school prospects. It is difficult to really get a feel for his speed because 1) it's not the greatest video and most importantly 2) the level of competition he is playing against.

If you are like me and enjoy watching the Senior Bowl practices and the game itself, then Janis is defiantly a player to watch. Lets see if his quickness and speed stand out OR is he "just a guy" nothing special.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
cover-2":3o49tclg said:
IndyHawk":3o49tclg said:

It's waaay too early to be giving prospects final draft grades especially the small school prospects. It is difficult to really get a feel for his speed because 1) it's not the greatest video and most importantly 2) the level of competition he is playing against.

If you are like me and enjoy watching the Senior Bowl practices and the game itself, then Janis is defiantly a player to watch. Lets see if his quickness and speed stand out OR is he "just a guy" nothing special.
I think the guy (Janis) will be exposed in that S.Bowl how is he going to wow against tougher players when he can't in that vid ???Just blow up the vid and you clearly see he is no 4.3 speedster against weaker players..I'm usually open minded but I have to see something in that player first..At best he will be an Austin Collie and far from Eric Decker..There are no more Steve Largents and haven't been since he left..Decker might be the closest and he's far back lol...

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
chris98251":37heljqv said:
cover-2":37heljqv said:
chris98251":37heljqv said:

Just hoping we don't have a Lamar King again.
Well, Russell Wilson didn't turn out to be another Chris McIntosh. :Dunno:
Janis has skills. Has the potential to be a draft steal.

cover-2

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3ln9mf1z said:
cover-2":3ln9mf1z said:
IndyHawk":3ln9mf1z said:

I think the guy (Janis) will be exposed in that S.Bowl how is he going to wow against tougher players when he can't in that vid ???Just blow up the vid and you clearly see he is no 4.3 speedster against weaker players..I'm usually open minded but I have to see something in that player first..At best he will be an Austin Collie and far from Eric Decker..There are no more Steve Largents and haven't been since he left..Decker might be the closest and he's far back lol...

Well you are entitled to your opinion, and maybe Janis will get exposed at the Senior Bowl. But, being a "youtube scout" or "stat sheet scout" is lazy IMO. Giving definite statements on a highlight clip is a bit ridiculous. While I also have questions about his 4.4 or 4.3 speed, I want to see how he stacks up against better competition. WR is a need so I'll be looking at all the WR's at the Senior Bowl practices.