Hawks' next 3 opponents show why a top QB draft pick...

cymatica

Reaction score
Not so. The D did just as good as the Rams and Saints did against the Falcons. Don't get that last holding call and Hawks win 30 27.
They don't have a last drive if Mariota doesn't drop the ball on his own. Defense was getting gashed

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I think the loss of Adams is a bigger issue than we kind of understood. Adams was the piece that was going to make this defense work while these young DBs matured and everyone got used to the new system at real football speed.

Our offense played well. (Walker needs more reps in-game and--probably--at practice but he's gifted and a rookie). Our defense got beat a lot. The Falcons are a good offense (as others have pointed out), so we can't be too surprised they scored on us but how they scored on us wasn't a good look.

cymatica

Reaction score
Losing Adams doesn't explain the entire defense getting gashed up and down the field with poor tackling, bad angles, missed assignments, etc. He is only 1 player and if the rest of the defense sucks, teams can easily game plan for that. Adams isn't even great in coverage. Even the experienced players are playing bad. This is a coaching issue. Either players are not being coached properly or the scheme is making it easy on opposing offenses, or both. I've seen young defenses do ok. Something is not right here and it's not just inexperience

If the coaches were relying on 1 player who has been out of half his games to make this defense work, then people need to be fired for rolling with a completely incompetent strategy.

Last edited:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Losing Adams doesn't explain the entire defense getting gashed up and down the field with poor tackling, bad angles, missed assignments, etc. He is only 1 player and if the rest of the defense sucks, teams can easily game plan for that. Adams isn't even great in coverage. Even the experienced players are playing bad. This is a coaching issue. Either players are not being coached properly or the scheme is making it easy on opposing offenses, or both. I've seen young defenses do ok, something is not right here.

If the coaches were relying on 1 player who has been out of half his games to make this defense work, then people need to be fired for rolling with a completely incompetent strategy.
No, it doesn't. I wasn't saying he was the only player who was supposed to make this defense work but he was like the training wheels. His pseudo-safety/linebacker role was going to be the thing that kept us from completely flopping as everyone got used to the new scheme.

The training wheels, unfortunately, fell of the bike mid-way through our first attempt to go around the block and now we can expect to take a lot more crashes before we get our balance down.

I'm not saying there isn't something amiss in coaching, but I think it's being underestimated what a hit our defense took by losing Adams especially with this new scheme.

BASF

Reaction score
Perhaps we have a Herm Edwards situation here where the players are trying to get rid of the coach?

Maui12thman

Reaction score

Each of the next three weeks the Seahawks face a QB who was once a first or second overall pick, two of whom were also Heisman Trophy winners, all regarded on draft day as franchise saviors and all instead now trying to revive/keep alive their careers with new teams — Atlanta’s Marcus Mariota Sunday at Lumen Field, Detroit’s Jared Goff the following Sunday and New Orleans’ Jameis Winston on Oct. 9.
That’s alright, I can actually see the Hawks choosing QB with theor second pick. I think they’ll first take a game changing pass rusher and then get “their” guy after. And I dont have a problem with several QBs that will be available at the back half of the round.

Vesuve

Reaction score
I trust JS to find THE guy.

I think he knows what players fit the system better than PC, ha.
I hope they find find THE QB also.

And hopefully he will be available when they draft.