Hawks players want Bobby back

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Vegas. From Ontario and played college ball in Utah. He’s a west coast dude. Las Vegas is where KJ ended it too. We shall see.

I was thinking more "gambling on myself."

So the best comp right now of LB's who have already signed is Lavonte David, who signed a one year deal for 7M.

My guess is that's around what Bobby wants (or slightly more cause he thinks he's better than David).

Also my guess is that's too rich for our blood at this point in the off season with not much cap left and the entire draft class to still pay.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
He will want around 10 mil per year. Seattle doesn’t have that. Unless they cut Adam’s and have someone else take a pay cut.

kidhawk

Reaction score
He will want around 10 mil per year. Seattle doesn’t have that. Unless they cut Adam’s and have someone else take a pay cut.

He got that from the Rams last season. Do you know what the Rams cap hit was last year for him? $2.5 million. They are eating $7.5 million this season, but the point is you don't necessarily have to use a lot of current cap to sign someone. It's all about how you write the contract.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He got that from the Rams last season. Do you know what the Rams cap hit was last year for him? $2.5 million. They are eating $7.5 million this season, but the point is you don't necessarily have to use a lot of current cap to sign someone. It's all about how you write the contract.

So you're saying we could eat 7.5M of cap next year if we want to sign Bobby this year?

That's not helping anyone's argument for bringing him back.

kidhawk

Reaction score
So you're saying we could eat 7.5M of cap next year if we want to sign Bobby this year?

That's not helping anyone's argument for bringing him back.

Why are you being obtuse? You know as well as I do that the point is that contracts can be tailored to fit what a team needs it to do to fit under a cap. Sometimes they are front loaded, sometimes back loaded, sometimes incentive driven. The point is that we don't need to necessarily eat a lot of cap space to sign him right now. John isn't going to overpay him. If he wanted to do that we would have never cut him in the first place.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Why are you being obtuse? You know as well as I do that the point is that contracts can be tailored to fit what a team needs it to do to fit under a cap. Sometimes they are front loaded, sometimes back loaded, sometimes incentive driven. The point is that we don't need to necessarily eat a lot of cap space to sign him right now. John isn't going to overpay him. If he wanted to do that we would have never cut him in the first place.

I'm not being obtuse, that comment made no sense. Yeah the Rams have to eat a LOT of dead money, so would we if it's a multi-year deal and it doesn't work out. That's not something to aspire to.

No way in hell we're giving Bobby a multi-year deal if he comes back. It'll be one year with a bunch of guaranteed money, or lower number with half in guaranteed and half in easily reached bonus/incentives.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm not being obtuse, that comment made no sense. Yeah the Rams have to eat a LOT of dead money, so would we if it's a multi-year deal and it doesn't work out. That's not something to aspire to.

No way in hell we're giving Bobby a multi-year deal if he comes back. It'll be one year with a bunch of guaranteed money, or lower number with half in guaranteed and half in easily reached bonus/incentives.

You really believe my post was supposed to mean that we would do the exact same thing? I was replying to a post saying we don't have cap space. I was merely giving one example of a way (which there are many) that a contract can be written to alleviate a current cap issue. I would think most people would understand that every contract is written for each specific situation and that each contract has it's own spin on how it works within the cap.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You really believe my post was supposed to mean that we would do the exact same thing? I was replying to a post saying we don't have cap space. I was merely giving one example of a way (which there are many) that a contract can be written to alleviate a current cap issue. I would think most people would understand that every contract is written for each specific situation and that each contract has it's own spin on how it works within the cap.

But your example was from a team that had to eat 7.5M of cap.

How is that a good thing?

Give us good examples of alleviating cap, not bad ones.......and on one year deals please cause that's the only way we're bringing Bobby back.

kidhawk

Reaction score
But your example was from a team that had to eat 7.5M of cap.

How is that a good thing?

Give us good examples of alleviating cap, not bad ones.......and on one year deals please cause that's the only way we're bringing Bobby back.
As I already said, it's one way to structure a deal. I doubt when they signed the deal last year, the Rams expected to suck so bad this season and need to do a total rebuild. Stuff happens. Again, it's just a single example of many ways a team can construct a contract, not the only way.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I was thinking more "gambling on myself."

So the best comp right now of LB's who have already signed is Lavonte David, who signed a one year deal for 7M.

My guess is that's around what Bobby wants (or slightly more cause he thinks he's better than David).

Also my guess is that's too rich for our blood at this point in the off season with not much cap left and the entire draft class to still pay.
Good connection, I like it.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Today on the show "Airing it Out " on NFL Radio, host Charlie Weis said Bobby Wagner belongs back in Seattle.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
for the league minimum? yes. For anything more? no. We need to draft the next Bobby.