Hawks Sign CB Tramaine Brock, cleared of charges

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":3kmzex68 said:
Jville":3kmzex68 said:
But will he actually sign ...... or will he shop the Seahawks?

?????
Agreed usually means they have signed a deal.

I don't know that is always the case any more. In recent years more agents have shown a tendency to send clients to Seattle as a first stop. Sometimes they sign and sometimes they shop. John Schneider mentioned as much when reviewing the visits they went thru before eventually signing veteran running back Eddie Lacy.

iigakusei

Reaction score
As Rob mentioned over at Seahawks Draft Blog - trading Lane makes a lot of sense. Especially now.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":18lig78h said:
Seymour":18lig78h said:
Jville":18lig78h said:
But will he actually sign ...... or will he shop the Seahawks?

?????
Agreed usually means they have signed a deal.

I don't know that is always the case any more. In recent years more agents have shown a tendency to send clients to Seattle as a first stop. Sometimes they sign and sometimes they shop. John Schneider mentioned as much when reviewing the visits they went thru before eventually signing veteran running back Eddie Lacy.

Maybe....but "agreed to a 1 year deal" is pretty darn specific for not signing.

Edit....950 just announced him as "new member of the Seahawks".

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkfish":22v7fyf9 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/status/897856923478892545[/tweet]

Churn that roster!

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't have much problem with swapping him for Lane. Weird that he really does not fit the Seahawks DB profile though.

Jville

Reaction score
iigakusei":25v6ut64 said:
As Rob mentioned over at Seahawks Draft Blog - trading Lane makes a lot of sense. Especially now.

Intriguing rumor. Here is the link to the relevant blog post >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawksdraftblog.com/will-the-seahawks-trade-for-sheldon-richardson[/urltargetblank]

Seymour

Reaction score
Hmmm...I reserve the right to change my mind on this move LOL.

Better have a look at this...

https://ninernoise.com/2016/10/14/tramaine-brock-next-change-49ers/

In the last two games, Brock has given up four touchdowns, with Larry Fitzgerald, Terrance Williams and Brice Butler taking advantage of their matchup against him to find the end zone, Fitzgerald twice beating him for scores.

What has become clear across the past two weeks is that Brock does not possess the foot speed to maintain tight coverage with receivers who excel with their route-running as Fitzgerald does here, gaining significant separation with a double move, allowing him to walk into the end zone:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^FWIW I'm glad the 9ers cut him and him not being charged --particularly given the specifics-- doesn't change that for me.

As a player I don't like him outside in the Hawks' scheme, but think he could be decent in the slot (although hard to say, as he has been outside with two deep his whole career).

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":667xptce said:
iigakusei":667xptce said:

Intriguing rumor. Here is the link to the relevant blog post >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawksdraftblog.com/will-the-seahawks-trade-for-sheldon-richardson[/urltargetblank]

Damn!!
Great find, and it does make some sense.

You could argue it’s a lot for a one-year rental. Consider this though — McDowell will hopefully return in 2018, the Seahawks are unlikely to be big spenders in free agency and if Richardson moves somewhere else for good money they’ll recoup their outlay via a 2019 comp pick.

And who knows what else could happen? The Seahawks brought in Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril as rentals. They’re still here, integral parts of the defense. They might find a way to keep Richardson too.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I've been ok with pretty much every move the FO have made to now, but this?

5' 10" corner, regularly toast, suddenly fits the bill?

iigakusei

Reaction score
uncle fester":3gsxmdhn said:
I've been ok with pretty much every move the FO have made to now, but this?

5' 10" corner, regularly toast, suddenly fits the bill?

Zero Risk - apparently signed for 1 Year at slightly over Vet minimum.
Could cut him tomorrow and it would be no big deal.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete and John > What the fans think about players.

More competition, and it sounds like slot will be a good spot for him. Though he practiced on the Right side today.
And if they can unload the big contract from Lane, who is VERY injury prone, even better.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I'm not saying I know better than them - not in the slightest.

I'm saying I don't see the logic when, after six seasons of having a certain style/build of player that they covet at the CB spot, suddenly one who doesn't fit that mold at all - with a history of being burned - is signed.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I really, really pray that Griffin steps up big time in the next few pre-season games. You think the team is already down on him? That would suck if true.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, Lane and Finger Wag were far from impressive last year. So a little veteran help in a system like this could be a good thing.